So I absolutely love my Z10, but can't install leaks so am stuck waiting for the official 10.2 or grabbing a Z30. A bit nervous though to do so. Thus I'm looking for a little convincing from those who have used both.

First, I feel the Z10 is the perfect size for my hand and just feels right. Does the Z30 feel that much bigger? Second, I'm a heavy user and the battery on the Z10 simply doesn't get me through the day. I know the specs for the Z30 battery blow the Z10 away, but how does it stack up in real world usage. Also, so much talk about 10.2 but I don't see anything particularly amazing about it, am I missing something thing?

I guess I just don't want to put out the the money for the Z30 if it's just an oversized Z10 with a bigger battery and 10.2 if I can wait for 10.2 and swap batteries occasionally if necessary.

So for those who have switched and love the Z30, tell me why. And those who would have been just as happy sticking with the Z10 I'd like your opinion as well.

Thanks!

Posted with my Z10 Or Q10 on Verizon from Philly
    11-03-13 10:27 PM
    The Z30 is like a Z10 on steroids. I have owned all three devices and this Z30 is the best. Nice screen,fast,better typing with a little larger keyboard.

Posted on my Z30 from CB10 running 1791.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    11-03-13 10:43 PM
    Using my z10 feels like a big step backward. The z30 is superior in every area except for ppi which you can't even notice unless you are trying to see it.

Posted from my Z30
    R Field likes this.
    11-03-13 10:59 PM
    Loved my Z10 which is a fine phone in it's own right. Having to wear glasses to read I found the bigger screen of the Z30 along with it's better visuals than the Z10 to my liking. It has taken a while to grow accustomed to the larger size and heavier specs of the Z30 but given how much web surfing and the like I do it has been miles above in experience from my Z10. Also as a traveller I like the ability to use USB on the go to bring extra movies on micro sd cards that I can plug n play on my micro port using a handy adapter I bought at a box store that fits every kind of media. I also like that this allows me to pop in my camera sd card and upload straight to box and FB to share with friends. I am sure there will be more I come to like.... oh yeah on Bluetooth in my car I now get a BMW screen showing what is synced via Bluetooth which is cool. Shows of the QNX factor I am sure there is more I will like as time goes by. It's a shame the phone hasn't had much media or hands-on display cause everyone I show it to wants to upgrade right away. I showed my phone to my dear mother who has been rocking a Torch forever and she won't accpt my Z10 now... She's getting a Z30 tomorrow despite the fact she uses about 5% of it's potential because of the larger keypad. So you can't go wrong with either phone but hard to be happy with a Z10 again once you have lived with a Z30.
    11-03-13 11:05 PM
    +1 to the above. Two handed typing is even easier with the z30, and once used to the larger dimensions and snappier general speed tied in with the nice speakers make it hard to go back to a z10. I also find myself still plugging in the z30 to charge at work cause I'm still used to the z10 battery lol.

Z30, and yes, it's a bit on the heavy side...
    11-03-13 11:19 PM
    I was comfortable with the Z10 but never look back after upgraded to Z30. I still have the Z10 but it has become second choice. The Z30 is just better in all corners.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 11:19 PM
    I will be getting a z30 but I'll wait a bit until the prices fall down a bit. Christmas/boxing day is just around the corner. Hoping to see some discount prices around that time.
    11-03-13 11:23 PM
    I made the switch and never plan on touching my Z10 again. First thing you will notice is the weight of the Z30. It is much heavier but feels better in the hand than the Z10 due to the more contoured edges. The build quality also feels much more robust.

Obviously the screen on the Z30 is much larger. It does take a bit more work for one handed typing and might be more difficult for those with small hands, but two handed typing on it is amazing! If you thought the Z10 was good, this takes it to the next level. The extra size really lets you fly two handed.

Battery life alone has made the change worth it for me. I was swapping batteries after about 12 hours on my Z10. I went 20 hours yesterday with 25% remaining when I plugged in prior to going to bed on my Z30. I no longer have to worry about putting in a fresh battery before going to work. I know it will last from the time I wake up to the time I go to bed.

Another big plus of the Z30 in my book is the stereo speakers. They are simply awesome. I have a few co-workers who have the HTC One and they even admit that the Z30 has louder speakers. The HTC has a bit more bass, but the volume and clarity of the Z30 put it over the top.

Don't delay, buy a Z30 today!
    playbookster and abdullah1982 like this.
    11-04-13 01:34 AM
    Agree. Battery life, speakers, larger screen are all big pluses. Size overall is not much different. It fits nicely into my hand but that's a personal thing.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 05:55 AM
    Not much that I can add to what was already said but that for me the typing experience is so much easier with the added space. The ability to have a usb flash drive on the go is a definite plus also.. sound quality us second to none.. Z10 is a very nice phone but Z30 is superior in every performance category for the average user.. you won't regret it for one moment.

Posted via CB10
    abdullah1982 likes this.
    11-04-13 06:05 AM
    I loved my z10 so much and I thought the same thing when I was thinking about switching. Is the z30 just a tiny upgrade to the screen. But once I started playing with this device I fell even more in love with bb10. This phone is fast, fluid and amazing to type on. I feel that this phone is the perfect size. Plus the way it curves in your hand really doesn't make it feel as big as you would think. They just used the real estate much better

Posted using Z30 via CB10
    abdullah1982 likes this.
    11-04-13 06:08 AM
    I got the z30 but could not let go of my z10 :s. It is much lighter, the screen is brighter, and it feels more right for me.

That being said, the z30 has an amazing battery life and a nicer back than the z10!

I just wish there is a kinda z11 or z20! I prefer a smaller phone! (though the z30 is the right size for a big sized phone imo!) I just have weak fingers

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 06:09 AM
    I didn't think I would like the Z30, too big, too heavy. Now I actually use one, I like it. I think this will be my new phone.
    11-04-13 06:48 AM
    I'm on the fence about changing my 10 for the 30. I have no isues with my 10 but I'd like the bigger screen. Just waiting for the "sign" to get one.
    11-04-13 07:13 AM
    The Z30 is significantly better than the Z10. Screen size is better for media consumption, the battery life is a whole different league.

The feel of the handset is much, much better, and it isn't actually that much bigger than the Z10 (the margins around the screen are much slimmer).

Very happy I upgraded.

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30
    11-04-13 07:21 AM
    I made the switch and never plan on touching my Z10 again. First thing you will notice is the weight of the Z30. It is much heavier but feels better in the hand than the Z10 due to the more contoured edges. The build quality also feels much more robust.

Obviously the screen on the Z30 is much larger. It does take a bit more work for one handed typing and might be more difficult for those with small hands, but two handed typing on it is amazing! If you thought the Z10 was good, this takes it to the next level. The extra size really lets you fly two handed.

Battery life alone has made the change worth it for me. I was swapping batteries after about 12 hours on my Z10. I went 20 hours yesterday with 25% remaining when I plugged in prior to going to bed on my Z30. I no longer have to worry about putting in a fresh battery before going to work. I know it will last from the time I wake up to the time I go to bed.

Another big plus of the Z30 in my book is the stereo speakers. They are simply awesome. I have a few co-workers who have the HTC One and they even admit that the Z30 has louder speakers. The HTC has a bit more bass, but the volume and clarity of the Z30 put it over the top.

Don't delay, buy a Z30 today!
    Gift me your Z10 please? Would like to own one

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 07:32 AM
    I am sure there will be more I come to like.... oh yeah on Bluetooth in my car I now get a BMW screen showing what is synced via Bluetooth which is cool. Shows of the QNX factor
    This is one of the new additions with the 10.2 release and I think its absolutely awesome (mines connected to my Acura though )!
    As for the Z30 itself, the size is awesome for a phone and the overall feel with the rounded edges makes it a comfortable fit for almost any hand. When my girlfriend first saw it, she told me the screen was too big and hard to use (coming from an iPhone 4S). However, now she loves it! The extra screen real estate is perfect for web pages and even just for the system (Hub, Settings, Calendar, etc). And battery life, well I used to worry with my Z10 about if I had a charger when I had either a long day or if I was staying somewhere overnight, but not anymore!
    So if you love awesome battery life, more efficiency due to screen size (typing, viewing), awesome speakers, USB OTG, more of a 'premium' feel, and just a fantastic device, I'd say the Z30 is for you.
    abdullah1982 likes this.
    11-04-13 07:34 AM
    Well umm if anyone one of you would be kind enough to pass down a Z10 to me if you've gotten a Z30, then that would be awesome. I'll love you forever!

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 07:36 AM
    Have to agree with all the positive posts from everyone else.

I'm a heavy user and after today 13 hours I'm still at 70%. Its just crazy how good the battery is.

Go for it!! ;-)

Posted via CB10
    abdullah1982 likes this.
    11-04-13 08:01 AM
    I was a big fan of the Z10. Thought it was the perfect size. I was debating on upgrading to the Z30, for the same reasons you are asking in your post. I did do the jump to the Z30, and when I pick up a Z10 now, in all honesty, the Z10 now feels "cheap" in comparison. Again, this is coming from someone who absolutely loved the Z10. I could never go back to the Z10. The Z30 is not that much bigger, but it's definitely enough that you can tell in regards to the screen size. It feels more solid in my hand too with the added weight. The screen is absolutely great and don't get me started on the speakers...they are simply AWESOME!!!! 10.2 is really good too. I love the new features, but I'd rather have 10.2 on a Z30 then on a Z10.
    As for battery life....I'm a heavy user. I'd have to switch batteries on my Z10 around 2 - 3pm. I use my Blackberry for both work and personal. It's used alot. Now with my Z30, I plug it in to charge when I go to bed, with about 20% battery life. Absolutely love the battery.

I don't think you'll be disapointed at all if you upgrade to the Z30.
    abdullah1982 likes this.
    11-04-13 10:42 AM
    I'm also a new owner of the Z30 but still using my Z10 but with no proper protection really out yet I have not used it much other than at home to play with it. like all have said it's an amazing device my thoughts are BlackBerry should have had this phone out first with BB10 and offered the Z10 as a lower brother of the Z30.
    The way it's built for me was a big factor not cheap looking what so ever it's worth the $600.00 plus I paid.

From my amazing Z10
    anon721037 likes this.
    11-04-13 11:30 AM
    I'm also a new owner of the Z30 but still using my Z10 but with no proper protection really out yet I have not used it much other than at home to play with it. like all have said it's an amazing device my thoughts are BlackBerry should have had this phone out first with BB10 and offered the Z10 as a lower brother of the Z30.
    The way it's built for me was a big factor not cheap looking what so ever it's worth the $600.00 plus I paid.

From my amazing Z10
    I ditto your comments.
    Now for your choice of hockey team.
    Lol.

Posted on my Z30 from CB10 running 1791.
    11-04-13 07:13 PM
    I didn't switch, I just now own both. I do use my Z30 as my primary and love that my Z10 is my backup...for now. May sell it down the road but in no rush. As many above have said...better screen, sound, battery life, speed, etc.
    11-04-13 09:12 PM
    I have had the Z10 since February and I really like it. Someone else in the family just got the Z30 about 2 weeks ago. Now I'm really feeling device-envy. The Z30 never needs to be recharged during the day. Just put it on the charger at night and it goes all day for sure. The larger screen is significant but the size in the hand isn't that much bigger. The sound is awesome. All in all, big, BIG improvement. Too bad the Z30 wasn't released in February. I'm sure it just wasn't feasible. Have got to get out there and get me one.
    11-05-13 11:01 AM
    Looking for suggestions-

I currently have a Z10 (STL100-3) and am getting a Z30 later this week.
    Any tips on transferring data from the 10 > 30? I'm currently running 10.2.1.641 on TMO.
    Should I use LINK, Dropbox, or Fire Chest Backup??? Have a few pix, 11 movies, ~500 contacts, and lots of calendar entries.
    Am willing to drop down to an earlier OS if that would help

Thanks in advance for your help!
    11-05-13 11:43 AM
33 12