Hello everyone,
    This is my first ever post here on CB forums. To tell you the truth I haven't had a BB device since 2007. I purchased my first BB device back in 05, it was a Pearl. I loved it, but had it replaced 3 times in one year. The trackball kept breaking. Anyways, in 07 when the iPhone came out I got one on day 1. Then in 2010 I switched to a windows phone. I liked the idea of the tiles and quick information, but was a little disappointed when most of the apps that I used on a regular basis weren't being made available for the platform. So that forced me to go back to an iPhone, but I kept my windows phone as well. Today I have a iPhone 5s, and I also have a Lumia 1020. I've had a few android handsets, but I haven't kept them for more than a week, for some reason I can't seem to like the OS. Anyways to the point of the post. Seeing that the Z10 is going for a dollar on a new att contract, my wife's contract just expired and she has my old iPhone 5 so I plan on getting the Z10 just to test the OS out. So my question is, what will the z10 do for me that the iPhone can't do? What does this platform offer that should make me consider using it as my daily driver?
    11-03-13 04:16 PM
    The z10 has a superior keyboard (in my opinion) as well an unified hub which stores all of your emails,texts,tweets,fb messages etc etc.

Sent From My New IPad using Tapatalk
    11-03-13 04:20 PM
    If you really want to experience bb10 I'd get the z30

Posted from my Z30
    11-03-13 04:21 PM
    Superior keyboard is a subjective term. HUB is nice. That's about it. I want to move away to an S4, but it doesn't integrate with Exchange as well BB10. That's the only real reason I have not moved away yet. I'm totally fed up with the Z10 and won't buy another BB device. If it wasn't for the BBOS, I'd have moved away already. Maybe the S5 will be a better option once it's released.
    11-03-13 04:25 PM
    If you really want to experience bb10 I'd get the z30

Posted from my Z30
    The reason I'm even considering bb again is because of the price. I will try it out and if I do like it I will end up getting the Z30
    11-03-13 04:25 PM
    Maybe you should ask why you shouldn't?
    11-03-13 04:34 PM
    If you have a problem with lack of apps on a Win phone then BB may not be for you. The OS is great but may be missing some apps you desire.
    11-03-13 04:38 PM
    If you have a problem with lack of apps on a Win phone then BB may not be for you. The OS is great but may be missing some apps you desire.
    True, but since reading about the ability to side load android apps into the OS I've kind of gotten interested in it. I drive for a living, so I'm listening to music all day long. My favorite app by far has to be the xbox music app. I love it on win8 phone and it's an awesome addition it my iPhone. Is it possible to sideload the android xbox music app to the device? Ive gotten over the fact that there aren't many apps available. Most of my aps are stored on my ipad anyways. That's where I mostly play games and other stuff. But by having apps in the store it's a good way of knowing that the developer community is behind the platform.
    11-03-13 04:52 PM
    I've had just about all the platforms and nothing is like the BB10 OS. The swipes are addictive, the only true downside
    is lack of apps. This will hopefully change soon once BlackBerry is back on solid ground.
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using CB Forums mobile app
    11-03-13 04:55 PM
    Maybe you should ask why you shouldn't?
    Maybe there's a character limit on replies.

Posted by Dr. Emmett Brown from my GoogleBerry Cranial Implant
    11-03-13 05:00 PM
    You need to do three things.

1. Read through all of the negative comments about BlackBerry 10 up to 10.2. Most are true.

2. Read through all the positive comments about BlackBerry 10. Most of those are also true.

3. Find a friend or associate with one that you can play with for a couple hours and invest that time trying to execute the things that you use your phone for throughout the average.

Make sure it's an informed decision. I've been with BlackBerry for many years and although we're getting by with ours, if I'd have known what I know now, I would not have made the purchase. I expect the Z10 may reach the level of what I expected at launch over the next few updates.

Hope this helps in some small way. The phone is not a lemon. But it's not a star either.

11-03-13 05:11 PM
    I think the Z10 is sooooo much better now that 10.2 leaks are available. If all the bad reviews the Z10 first received could be re-done with 10.2 installed, I have a feeling the reviews would be a lot different. I had a Z10, but sold it months ago...I started missing it so I'm getting another one. I am going to keep my Q10 as well. I highly recommend the Z10. The apps seem to be getting better as well. Good luck on your decision!
    11-03-13 05:14 PM
    You need to do three things.

3. Find a friend or associate with one that you can play with for a couple hours and invest that time trying to execute the things that you use your phone for throughout the average.
    The OP is in the US. Your suggestion in #3 isn't likely to be possible.
    lerimer likes this.
    11-03-13 05:44 PM
    To the Original Post quote.

That's like saying, why orgasm during see. You can f*** all that you want, but your both here to ***.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 05:44 PM
    The OP is in the US. Your suggestion in #3 isn't likely to be possible.
    Knowing someone with a Z10 I'm the US is impossible?

11-03-13 05:57 PM
    I recently got a Z10, and found the phone has pluses and minuses, like any other.

Pluses:

• Solid OS. Try multitasking with an iPhone or an Android device. The iPhone won't do it at all, and the Android devices do it better or worse in varying degrees depending on which flavour of Android is installed. With the Z10 I can bop into another app while another is running. If I close the app I just went into, I get taken straight back to the main menu and find a window for the other still there.

• Decent battery life, if you're not making hours-long phone calls, surfing the web and texting like a madman.

• Blackberry Hub. Need I say more? Neither Android nor Apple have this feature.

• User-replaceable batteries. Try doing this with an Apple, and only a few Androids have this feature.

• The Z10 can accommodate microSD cards. Apple phones offer no expandable memory. A few Android phones offer this capability.

• A file management system that works a lot like a regular PC. No can do this on an Apple, and most Android file managers are clunky.

• Standard HDMI/USB connectors, users aren't forced to buy proprietary accessories.

Con:

• Camera in the Z10 is OK, but not nearly as good as the one in the Apple iPhone.

• Screen resolution not quite up to the standards of Apple/Android phones, but still more than merely usable.

• Relatively expensive, as evidenced by lacklustre sales on release.

On balance the Z10 is a good, but not great phone. As a business and communications tool, it's without peer. If RIM/BB had done a better job of marketing it, the company might be in a better position today. In fairness, part of the problem is that most smartphone buyers are young, and they want bling. Buy the phone if you want a communications device. If media consumption is your main priority, go for an iPhone. If you like extensive user customization capabilities, get an Android device. You pays yer money, and you takes yer chances.
    lerimer likes this.
    11-03-13 08:13 PM
    Try it and use it. If it works keep it, if it isn't what you thought it would be get rid of it. You can only listen to peoples comments so much before you either go for it or take a pass.
    11-03-13 08:37 PM
    Friend pitch the BlackBerry 10 against any other phone of your choice. Do what you mostly do it in your daily routine then judge the performance.

There were many friends of mine who were without using BlackBerry Z10 were saying their phones can do this and that things. I gave them my BlackBerry Z10 for few weeks and then their answer changed now they too have Z10 and says with BlackBerryZ10 they are now more efficient.

Posted via CB10
    lerimer likes this.
    11-03-13 09:01 PM
    Efficiency and security...Bar none. trust me...leave the toys to the kids. the new BlackBerry 10 phones are designed for productivity. And they fit this to a Tee!

Z10= excellent device, makes sense, removable battery, expandable storage, great camera, very secure, excellent keyboard predictability, great battery life, sexy, can multi task easily without question.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 09:14 PM
    Just like marty mcfly said.. the hub is amazing and the keyboard rocks. also the multitasking is way supirior. going from an app to the hub or the homescreen its just a swipe away. at the end. its a great choice.
    Hello everyone,
    This is my first ever post here on CB forums. To tell you the truth I haven't had a BB device since 2007. I purchased my first BB device back in 05, it was a Pearl. I loved it, but had it replaced 3 times in one year. The trackball kept breaking. Anyways, in 07 when the iPhone came out I got one on day 1. Then in 2010 I switched to a windows phone. I liked the idea of the tiles and quick information, but was a little disappointed when most of the apps that I used on a regular basis weren't being made available for the platform. So that forced me to go back to an iPhone, but I kept my windows phone as well. Today I have a iPhone 5s, and I also have a Lumia 1020. I've had a few android handsets, but I haven't kept them for more than a week, for some reason I can't seem to like the OS. Anyways to the point of the post. Seeing that the Z10 is going for a dollar on a new att contract, my wife's contract just expired and she has my old iPhone 5 so I plan on getting the Z10 just to test the OS out. So my question is, what will the z10 do for me that the iPhone can't do? What does this platform offer that should make me consider using it as my daily driver?
    11-03-13 09:17 PM
    Well thank you all for the different advices you've given me. I did get the phone thru the online store so I should be getting it tomorrow or Tuesday. I love my iPhone I do, but sometimes I get bored of it. Even though ios 7 is really nice, it's really buggy and sluggish at times. Nothing has really changed other than the OS getting a facelift. The thing that I'm mostly scared about is the constant reboots that I'm seeking all over the forums. Since I've seen how long it takes for the device to boot up I don't want to be stuck on 3 or 4 reboots in a day. I did order the device on Friday. So I will be getting it tomorrow or Tuesday. I will give it the full 15 days and will make a decision about it. Hopefully I'll be one of the people that make the jump over to BB because it looks very promising.
    11-03-13 09:45 PM
    The gestures and the apps are blazing quick to use.
    The best thing to do is to play with the device in store for about 15 minutes and then again look at the iPhone and Windows Phone.... I'm pretty sure that the new BlackBerry will steal your heart.
    I was never a BlackBerry user and I had used iPhone and windows phone of my friend, went to the store... used the BlackBerry and never liked the others.

If your preference is speed and efficiency, then BlackBerry is the best. For apps though you have to sideload the popular ones and be a CrackBerry fan!

Posted via the awesome keyboard on Z10STL100-1/10.2.0.1791 using CB10 App
    lerimer likes this.
    11-03-13 10:04 PM
    Well thank you all for the different advices you've given me. I did get the phone thru the online store so I should be getting it tomorrow or Tuesday. I love my iPhone I do, but sometimes I get bored of it. Even though ios 7 is really nice, it's really buggy and sluggish at times. Nothing has really changed other than the OS getting a facelift. The thing that I'm mostly scared about is the constant reboots that I'm seeking all over the forums. Since I've seen how long it takes for the device to boot up I don't want to be stuck on 3 or 4 reboots in a day. I did order the device on Friday. So I will be getting it tomorrow or Tuesday. I will give it the full 15 days and will make a decision about it. Hopefully I'll be one of the people that make the jump over to BB because it looks very promising.
    I didn't know the 5s had a reboot problem.
    11-03-13 11:06 PM
    I think the OP means reboots on the Z10. Which, I think have all but disappeared since early 10.1 updates. Mine has not done a reboot since I got it and runs great on the 10.2 leak I'm on now.

Verizon STL100-4 on 10.2.0.1767
    11-03-13 11:23 PM
    I was referring to the z10. There a lot of posts that are up complaining about the phone rebooting. The iPhone 5s reboots as well. But maybe once every 2 or 3 days. I guess it's ios7 what's causing it because my ipad and iPod both reboot just liked the iPhone does. Before ios7 I never got the reboots on apple devices. Most of the time it'll reboot when I get to the multitasking window and select a app that has been in queue for a long time. It won't do a full reset but a soft reset. It'll go to the apple logo and then back to the lock screen.
    11-03-13 11:30 PM
42 12