So I was today in my favourite caf�, it's in the basement, as supposed to be my Z10 got only 2G. Then I was speaking to my buddy and my Ma... Both of them have got different operators. and guess what! The call quality is so impossible better with 10.2!!! It was like both of them are next to me. Wow. Speechless. This is the natural sound stuff, I think. Anyway, thank you BlackBerry

via my amazing Z10
    11-02-13 11:13 AM
    Not related to radios but what I noticed is that phone shows HD (High Definition) symbol when calling other BB10 devices. And the audio quality is way better than what I had on old BB device. Looks like a new compression/protocol in place that is supported by my provider.
    11-02-13 11:17 AM
    I just experienced an HD call as well. I pulled the phone away from my ear twice to see if speaker phone was on. It was crazy clear. Very impressed. Unfortunately didn't think to check to see if HD was showing.......

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 01:32 PM
    I don't like the 'HD' quality. It doesn't sound any more real than before. I don't like hearing pins drop in the background. I'm listening to the voice, not their tongue licking their lips, or the air passing through their nostrils.
    Having said that, I also don't think HD TV is better. When you can see the CGI, it's not better. Granted, NFL games are better. (save for the CGI infused sponsor ads)
    I wish I could turn off the 'HD Quality' and just have..............................normal
    11-08-13 04:03 PM
    I don't like the 'HD' quality. It doesn't sound any more real than before. I don't like hearing pins drop in the background. I'm listening to the voice, not their tongue licking their lips, or the air passing through their nostrils.
    Having said that, I also don't think HD TV is better. When you can see the CGI, it's not better. Granted, NFL games are better. (save for the CGI infused sponsor ads)
    I wish I could turn off the 'HD Quality' and just have..............................normal
    Try cotton....so sorry, could not resist...lol

Trusted Member Genius
    anon(1852343) likes this.
    11-08-13 04:18 PM
    I just experienced HD calling too...amazingly clear, I could hear everything. It sounded like the guy was right next to me and LOUD. It was a huge difference between even a landline vs BB to BB because I was just talking to a landline right before the HD voice call!
    11-08-13 06:20 PM
    Hd calling has been available before 10.2

Granted they have made improvements but thus isn't new.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 06:46 PM
    I knew about it before but sadly had no one with bb10 to call but man you have to try it to experience how clear it is.

I'm pretty sure I can hear the echos in whichever room they're in and even tell if they're in the bathroom!

Fired from my Z10
    11-09-13 04:01 PM
    The iPhone 5 has it, so you should be fine I think all the new Androids support it too. It's the carriers that are not all up to speed.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 11:44 AM
    HD call is good for phonesex

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 11:56 AM
    The iPhone 5 has it, so you should be fine I think all the new Androids support it too. It's the carriers that are not all up to speed.

Posted via CB10
    Is HD voice a calling feature or standard technology?

Fired from my Z10
    11-11-13 01:12 PM
    HD calling has worked for me on a Z10 since 10.0 whenever I call my work colleague's personal Sony Android phone. It is impressive every time.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 01:18 PM