If I go to youtube.com and select a video to watch, the Media player opens and the in/out data arrows flicker for a while and then I get the message "An error has occurred attempting to play media.". Are there any Cellular South users out there that are able to use youtube on their 8130?
    10-26-08 10:17 PM
    I get the same thing, so your not alone. I think the problem is on the Cellular South side
    10-28-08 09:35 PM
    I dont quite get it either.....

The network is fine, it streams Brew TV just fine....

the network steams Radio ( even high end radio) just fine.

There is something going on, that is blocking it going to blackberrys.

If i had to guess, I would say it is the way the Blackberrys are set up.

People have rumored the network was capped over 2.5 megs...I am not sure about that, I have D/led 30 meg Videos and played after i saved them.

That is not a bottle cap on the network, that points to a Cache problem in the blackberrys or at least the Software/hardware set up that Blackberry uses.
    10-29-08 02:19 PM
    I dont quite get it either.....

The network is fine, it streams Brew TV just fine....

the network steams Radio ( even high end radio) just fine.

There is something going on, that is blocking it going to blackberrys.

If i had to guess, I would say it is the way the Blackberrys are set up.

People have rumored the network was capped over 2.5 megs...I am not sure about that, I have D/led 30 meg Videos and played after i saved them.

That is not a bottle cap on the network, that points to a Cache problem in the blackberrys or at least the Software/hardware set up that Blackberry uses.
    This is defiantly something blocked on the cellsouth side. I wish it was not the case. I entered m.youtube.com in my friends curve the other day (edge) and it started streaming, then went to m.youtube.com on my curve w csouth(1xev), and got the error message, not a blackberry problem for sure!
    10-29-08 03:02 PM
    C.South blocks Youtube - they've got a clause in user agreement against streaming large amounts of data. I've been trying to write them for some time now to get them to allow youtube.

Someone mentioned downloading a 30mb video to play on the phone - did you download from the phone or computer then transfer to the phone. I've been on a video site before which allowed me to download anything around 2.xx megs and lower but anything 5megs and larger wouldn't download - couldn't find any other file sizes in between to test, but all of this from the same site.

def. not a blackberry problem - unless it's a tweak on the phone specifically for c. south.
    10-29-08 06:00 PM
    I called and emailed cellular south about the streaming issue and the only response that I was given is "Streamlining is not something that is currently offered with the Blackberry devices at this time. We currently do not have an estimated as to when or if this will be available." (oh and one cellular south rep told me that blackberry's don't support streaming video... glad to know all our rep's are knowledgeable about the 5 phones cellular south offers.)

I don't understand this because I have a friend with an HTC touch on the cellular south network that can stream whole 30 minute episodes of shows from vtap full screen.
    10-31-08 11:02 AM
    Lol NICE CS!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-08 12:07 PM
    I called and emailed cellular south about the streaming issue and the only response that I was given is "Streamlining is not something that is currently offered with the Blackberry devices at this time. We currently do not have an estimated as to when or if this will be available." (oh and one cellular south rep told me that blackberry's don't support streaming video... glad to know all our rep's are knowledgeable about the 5 phones cellular south offers.)

I don't understand this because I have a friend with an HTC touch on the cellular south network that can stream whole 30 minute episodes of shows from vtap full screen.

yea again....

Streaming is not Available on ALL blackberrys...only blackberrys that run OS 4.5 and up.

SO that is not a incorrect answer since Rim shiped the curves/worlds at 4.3 something.

Again

The Network DOES stream BREWTV and the HTC 6800 does get streaming.

My best guess...is that there is something in the Blackberrys as they are set up for CS.
    Last edited by dshearn; 10-31-08 at 01:53 PM.
    10-31-08 01:50 PM
    I believe all the pearls they've sold though shipped with 4.3, and 4.3 on the pearls is capable of streaming mobile youtube and such. so all pearls from csouth have the ability to stream, but for some reason just won't.

Also, I'm running 4.5.0.77 from cellular south and i still can't stream mobile youtube
    10-31-08 03:29 PM
    also a side note to any cellular south customers that are hoping for something to be done about streaming to the blackberry, if you go to cellularsouth.com, click contact us in the bottom left, click "contact us form" under "contact us via email", look on the right hand side of the page and there is a button that says "take it to the top". If a few of us left comments there maybe they'd get the ball rolling a little and figure out why it isn't working.
    10-31-08 03:43 PM
    I believe all the pearls they've sold though shipped with 4.3, and 4.3 on the pearls is capable of streaming mobile youtube and such. so all pearls from csouth have the ability to stream, but for some reason just won't.

Also, I'm running 4.5.0.77 from cellular south and i still can't stream mobile youtube

same here running beta 4.5.0.77 on an 8830

it will not stream on CS towers.

it WILL NOT stream when forced to Roam on Sprint or Altel Towers either.

The BLOCK in my best guess is in the set-up hardware or software of the Blackberrys provisioned for CS.

Since i cant get my phone to stream from ANY TOWER.

Why and for what reason is beyond me.

I KNOW the Cellsouth Towers will stream Video on BREW and Sling on the 6800.

I ask about this all the time, and get the not supported anwser ( notice its not impossible.......only not supported same exact anwser i got when doing the 6800)
    10-31-08 04:23 PM
    I hate not bein able to access youtube but I did download a converter to download the vids I like and concert them to 2 a format the BB can read but the video is real tiny I can't get full screen video unless I record it with my camera on the BB
    11-01-08 09:23 AM
    This really ticks me off!.. I went with the blackberry over the HTC because it was supposedly MORE COMPATIBLE with CSOUTHS SYSTEM!!! I am really bummed out about it!
    01-27-09 01:53 PM
    C. south's answer to everything is either BlackBerries can't do that or you don't have the right plan

I argued with 3 different reps over email for a month just to get my MMS working. the store people said BlackBerries can't send MMS corporate email said I don't have the plan then I emailed them a copy/paste of my plan fratures with my number name and all so they finally got the hint when I threatened Breach of contract and said either cancel my service free of charge or give me a phone that works on my plan for free since you sold me a junk phone..2 hours later my MMS was working fine and they supposed to have a Tech email me about fixing the you-tube streaming.....I'm fixin to get ugly with them again cause that's all they understand is words "Breach of contract" "Give me a free phone of my choice that will do it" and I tossed in "LAWYER" as well it worked for my MMS block so why not youtube everyone hit the complaint email at large with the same threat maybe they will release the block for us if they think they about to have give away a few thousand $400.00 plus phones or lose those thousand contracts. I'm sick of smartty head honchos thinking they can run all over the little guys. TIME TO FIGHT BACK
    01-28-09 11:29 AM
    TOUCHE' I too am a corporate customer, and hear the tired "this will do this" and when it gets in my hands it will only do "that" The reps are uninformed and the techs are overwhelmed with the "I can't get my camera to come up" calls. Truth is all we ask for, and by d*** its time we get it. Why oh why have TV and streaming services allowed for some phones and not others? Just be up front with us.. But I shall take your lead and use the words, "breach" and "cancel" and "lawyer"... Maybe that will do it. Problem is I love my BB and may end up in a HTC Touch... Just like they want me to since they are all entwined in a raunchy love affair with HTC.
    By the way who is HTC?
    Keep up the fight !
    01-28-09 07:37 PM
    Actually in another post about this "same exact topic", so in essence it is a double post...

Anyway, youtube worked on my Pearl... just fine, streamed all the videos I ever wanted to watch.

I went to m.youtube.com and selected the video and it opened after about 45 seconds of loading. then the video started to play...

I of course am now pissed becuase I went and upgraded to 4.5.0.89 and it killed my youtube. I went back to 4.5.0.77 and it is still gone.

It has to be a setting somewhere that is being overlooked if I had it before.

msblueline
    01-29-09 07:46 AM
    Okay, I'm new here and glad I found this place =). As a customer of CS, I've been able to find out some info that may help. Here's the deal with Cellular South and their inability to offer streamlining/more phones, etc.:

1. CS is not recognized by the big corporate financial giants who back the likes of At&t, Verizon, etc. CS is considered a "mom & pop" company because it is family owned.

2. Big corps won't take risks on a company that they won't even recognize as being a major corporate entity, hence, no "high-end" perks to offer like more phones, streamlining, not to mention money for advertising.

3. Customers of CS get the advantage of having a nice device (of the FEW they offer *sad*) and the disadvantage of having this nice device WITHOUT being able to use media/audio features that the bigger carriers can and do provide their customers with ON THE SAME d##n devices!

4. CS claim they are working to make these streamlining abilities available but so far their attempts are not being taken seriously by the big giant corporate financial backers because they are a "mom and pop" company...This means all of us who are CS customers must sit back and deal with it until it becomes available. That's truly disappointing and sad.

5. The only choice any of us with CS have is to deal with it or switch carriers (not a choice for me---I'm locked into a contract with a phone I did not want...I wanted the Curve 8900). In a nutshell, I had no choice =(

Sorry my first post couldn't be a more positive one...Just thought I'd shed a little more light on this dilemma some of us are having. The the info I got came from a Data Tier 2 rep I spoke with earlier today. This is all he could tell me...He did say that CS is trying to get recognition every day from these corporations so they can offer better services...Streamlining is on the table though---just a matter of time...

Sorry for the long post...Good luck to us all!
    Much Peace
    04-25-09 03:51 PM
    Long posts are okay as long as they are informative, as yours was, thank you for that. I'm just hoping they upgrade the BBerries and we get Youtube like the HTC Touch has.
    04-26-09 12:26 AM
    Long posts are okay as long as they are informative, as yours was, thank you for that. I'm just hoping they upgrade the BBerries and we get Youtube like the HTC Touch has.
    Thanks I hope so too. I do know that CS worked hard to get the "deal" with youtube. The nice tech guy I spoke with explained how difficult it was for CS to get this contract w/youtube. That really made me hopeful for CS securing more deals in the future-It all boils down to money making in the end! Perhaps that investment deal with the HTC will open new doors for CS. *crossing fingers*
    04-26-09 01:21 AM
    There is a free BlackBerry application that supports YouTube that you can download from the official BlackBerry Apps store. It's author is Xenozu. No promises that it works because I haven't actually tried it myself. Worst case scenario is you download it and it doesn't work. All you have to do is uninstall it.
    05-01-09 03:20 PM
    I tried and it acted like it would load then said error. No luck

05-01-09 09:35 PM
    I tried it too this evening. I got the same results. Acted as though the video was loading...then it failed. I'm out of ideas.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com[/QUOTE]

05-01-09 11:09 PM
    I tried it too this evening. I got the same results. Acted as though the video was loading...then it failed. I'm out of ideas.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com[/QUOTE]

I've gotten YouTube to work the following two ways:

1. Get the Bolt Browser - It's beta, but it's solid. Only draw back is that you can't just open them; you have to save then view.

2. Drive far far far away and roam on another carriers network. Silly, I know, but hey, it's a legitimate answer. Seriously, when you are on other carriers network OUTSIDE of the CS footprint, it does work. I.E. - Downtown Atlanta.
    05-02-09 01:59 PM
    LOL, that's alot of trouble for a little Youtube
    05-02-09 04:02 PM
    I've gotten YouTube to work the following two ways:

1. Get the Bolt Browser - It's beta, but it's solid. Only draw back is that you can't just open them; you have to save then view.

2. Drive far far far away and roam on another carriers network. Silly, I know, but hey, it's a legitimate answer. Seriously, when you are on other carriers network OUTSIDE of the CS footprint, it does work. I.E. - Downtown Atlanta.[/quote]

Thanks MsCooley...Btw, my last name is actually Cooley! LOL! I'll give the first one a try . I appreciate your input =)
    Much Peace
    05-02-09 09:19 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD