BlackBerry Z30 (Unlocked) Black

$600--the same price Canadian carriers are selling it off-contract.

Price has gone up to $630. Noticed at 1800 PST.

Now also available in white!
    Thanks Rebs87.
    Last edited by raino; 01-25-14 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Price back down to $600. Thanks austriker!
    10-31-13 04:26 PM
    Great alternative for US folks. Thanks for posting.!!!
    10-31-13 07:25 PM
    Thanks for posting this info! I have been waiting for this.
    10-31-13 07:40 PM
    So this should support t-mobile USA LTE, right? Jim

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 07:44 PM
    So this should support t-mobile USA LTE, right? Jim
    Absolutely.
    10-31-13 07:49 PM
    Great, now I know where to get it from

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 08:00 PM
    I WANT WHITE!

Posted via CB10
    toneytone likes this.
    10-31-13 08:06 PM
    Thanks. Ordering it tomorrow. Jim

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 09:16 PM
    Thank you. T-Mobile, who needs you
    Bfalcon1 likes this.
    10-31-13 09:26 PM
    So this one has all the T-Moble LTE bands?

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 09:46 PM
    So this one has all the T-Moble LTE bands?

Posted via CB10
    Yes. This one (the STA100-5) has all the T-Mobile LTE bands (1700 MHz)
    11-01-13 06:33 AM
    What's going to be interesting is will someone on the leaked/beta thread sort out getting wifi calling on this phone?
    Last edited by scrannel; 11-03-13 at 01:12 PM.
    raino and whosuredaddy69 like this.
    11-01-13 09:58 AM
    What's going to interesting is will someone on the leaked/beta thread sort out getting wifi calling on this phone?
    Ugh...good point.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 01:16 PM
    BlackBerry Z30 (Unlocked) Black

$600--the same price Canadian carriers are selling it off-contract. Good price for US buyers right now, IMO.
    Thank you sooooo much Raino, this will replace my Z10 which is my "play" phone, my other line currently is encased by an AT&T Bold9000......until I replace it with a 9900, because those are the only models that I want that can completely work with my 32GB playbook, and has a keyboard large enough to accomodate my girthy fingers
    raino likes this.
    11-02-13 11:12 AM
    Thank you sooooo much Raino, this will replace my Z10 which is my "play" phone, my other line currently is encased by an AT&T Bold9000......until I replace it with a 9900, because those are the only models that I want that can completely work with my 32GB playbook, and has a keyboard large enough to accomodate my girthy fingers
    Girthy fingers...I'm right there with you, brother. But are both your lines with AT&T? I wouldn't buy the -5 if you want LTE on AT&T. This one can't do LTE on AT&T.
    11-02-13 01:30 PM
    What's going to interesting is will someone on the leaked/beta thread sort out getting wifi calling on this phone?
    Analyze the BARs in a TMO pushed OS, and extract whatever seems like it may have something to do with WiFi calling--is that how they would go about it?
    11-02-13 06:41 PM
    Analyze the BARs in a TMO pushed OS, and extract whatever seems like it may have something to do with WiFi calling--is that how they would go about it?
    Honestly... how I (as in lazy me?) would go about it? See who has sorted it on the Beta/Leaks thread. They were the first ones to get Wifi-calling working on a leak on a T-Mo phone. I think it really comes down to the radio, but that is the "go-to" place in my mind.
    11-03-13 01:12 PM
    I believe a radio bar made specifically for the Z30 would be required for Wi-Fi calls.
    T-Mobile would have to make one for the Z30 and 10.2
    I'm tempted to get a Z30 but I think it may be wise to wait till t-mobile releases 10.2 officially (in "winter")and I bet around that time we would know if they're bringing the Z30.

STL3 1791 hybrid w/10.2.1 bars
    11-04-13 03:12 PM
    I ordered one of the -5 models from GSM Nation because people on these forums mentioned them, and because several reviews of other phones I found mentioned them as the loaner. I have to say I am less than thrilled with my experience. When I ordered it late Friday/very early Saturday the site told me I could get the phone by Monday with next business day shipping. It came Tuesday, and GSM Nation said it was because they aren't open on the weekends. Then don't have your site tell me otherwise. Then, when I did get the phone, it very clearly had been opened, roughly; the tape that seals the box had been roughly torn open. I assumed it had to be opened in order to be 'unlocked', but if GSM Nation did it they should splurge on some scissors. But I don't think they opened it. I think this was a used phone. Because it also had a very large, very obvious stuck pixel or pixel cluster. There is no way it was not noticed before I got it. I called to return it, and they implied I might have to pay for return shipping, but said I would be sent a return label within 15 minutes. It's been 3 hours now and nothing received. Really getting a shady vibe from these guys. And now I also see the -5 variant is no longer on their site. So my move to a Blackberry phone looks like a bust (I have had the Playbook for awhile).
    Anyway, kind of wanted to share, for others to know my experience with GSM Nation.
    UPDATE: they sent me a return authorization number only, and told me to return the phone at my expense. They have assured me that I will not be charged a restocking fee for the pixel problem, but I was kind of hard with the threat of contesting the charge to my credit card. I'll be out $50 in shipping for here and back. Guess I'll wait and see if Amazon has the Z30, because this experience was not great. They also implied I lied about the phone having shrink wrap around it, when it most definitely did--it's still in the box. And the tape sealing the box had been cut already, and they say I am lying about this too. Be aware.
    Last edited by SethDove; 11-05-13 at 09:13 PM.
    kthhrrsn and SK122387 like this.
    11-05-13 06:05 PM
    I am sorry to hear about your experience with GSM Nation. I too order the STA100-5 Z30 over this past weekend. I read your post, got nervous about my order, but I just received my Z30 just about an hour ago.

I will say that the black BlackBerry Z30 box was shrink wrapped and I could see that the tape on the original tape on the BlackBerry box was already cut. It does not appear that the phone I have received is a used phone at all as it still had all the original BlackBerry protective plastic on the front and back of the phone, and no visible smudges, scratches or dents. However I did notice when I powered on the phone for the first time I did not get that initial "Welcome to BlackBerry" screen with a prompt to select a language. The phone just booted up to the applications screen, but I did get the initial BB10 OS navigation swipe tutorial.

Heading the warning from your experience, I immediately downloaded a dead pixel checker from the BlackBerry store. As far as I can see, all pixels check out on mine just fine.

Just to be safe I did a Security Wipe. And now I've got that "Welcome to BlackBerry" screen with a prompt to select a language.

So, was my "new" BlackBerry Z30 box opened before I received it? Yes it was.

Was there shrink wrap on the OEM box and and the OEM tape cut? Yes also.

Was my phone previously used? The only evidence of this was the fact I did not get the initial language prompt. There is no visible evidence of extensive use as the housing of the phone is still pristine. I would not consider this a used phone.

At this point I trust GSM Nations just as much as any other online retailer and I would buy from them again.
    11-06-13 06:35 PM
    Thanks for sharing your experience. Glad to know that your box tape had been cut too. I wonder what that's about. My phone also had the plastic on the front and back. It looked in good shape mostly, and I really want the phone, But I did not need an app to test for the bad pixel. It was crazy obvious. (I can't figure out why I can't attach a photo.)
    11-06-13 09:19 PM
    Buying this as soon as I get paid screw tmobile for leaving us in the dark thank you for the tip.
    11-07-13 08:38 PM
    Looks like they have it in stock again. Reading Seth and Spencer's experiences, I looked at their webpage again. And it does not say "condition: new" or anything like that. That is weird, and could be unsettling to buyers, I guess. If BB10 has a minutes/data counter, I'd check that too, to make sure that the seal broken was just to unlock the phone.
    11-07-13 08:53 PM
    So I don't get it. Who's phones are they selling? If they have to open them and unlock them, they're not direct from BlackBerry, right?

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 06:00 AM
    Well, as far as being unsettling and all, I have to admit that my STA100-5 Z30 from GSM Nations is just fine.

After a Security Wipe, a couple of BB10 OS updates, "softbricking" (totally my fault), autoloader restore, and regular use for the past few days, I'm not concerned at all that the seal was broken. If the seal was broken to unlock the phone, then I still came out cheaper than figuring out how to get the phone delivered from some Canadian retailer and then buying some unlock code somewhere.

All I have to say at this point would be "Thank you GSM Nation for bringing this product to the States at the reasonable current market price!"
    dosto likes this.
    11-08-13 01:17 PM
119 123 ...