Hello everyone! I am very new to the blackberry world, I just got my first, a red curve 8330 and was told that this is the site to go to for any kind of info I needed! I've checked out the 101 series and learned quite a bit but I have one nagging question. Maybe I didn't search hard enough, I hope I won't get jumped on for asking this haha...

so my question is about the battery life, how long does a full charge usually last? I was told when I bought it that I should always let it drain fully then charge fully and not leave it on the charger after its been fully charged. But I find that my battery is lasting at the most 2 days, now I do not turn it off often and use it heavily so I guess that is to be expected. I just would like to know how long everyone else's usually lasts!

10-26-08 08:59 PM
    The battery BB uses can't be over charged. I charge each night and never turn it off as you'll find most here do as well.
    10-26-08 09:03 PM
    Oh and Welcome To CB!
    10-26-08 09:04 PM
    The battery BB uses can't be over charged. I charge each night and never turn it off as you'll find most here do as well.
    my phone is my only phone so i don't like to turn it off at all, as for charging it every night, don't most batteries have so many charges to them?

also thanks for the quick response!
    10-26-08 09:17 PM
    Not so much with todays batteries.

Approximate Battery Life

Up to 11 days (Standby time)
    Up to 260 minutes (Talk time)

When not in use, get in the habit of putting the phone in standby mode by holding the mute button on the top for 2 seconds.
    10-26-08 09:19 PM
    Lime with most modern phones the electronic in the blackberry ensures that the batteries are charged in the optimal way. Therefore I don't think battery life should suffer from frequent recharges.
    10-27-08 12:08 AM
    Welcome to CB!
    11-01-08 09:11 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry!
    11-01-08 10:10 AM
    I can vouch for that buddy...
    11-01-08 10:13 AM
    You do not want to let your battery drain completely. That is the worst thing you can do for batteries these days. You want to put your phone on the charger whenever possible, and top it off. The battery will last much longer this way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-08 10:16 AM
    welcome to crackberry
    11-01-08 12:16 PM
    I can vouch for that buddy...
    So can Buddy. Lol

Welcome aboard!

11-01-08 01:48 PM
    Also if your going to use a holster get one intended for BB they will have a magnet in them which will turn the screen off when you holster it. This will help save you some battery life.

11-01-08 01:59 PM
    Everyone has their own beliefs on when to charge, but I really don't wait until it drains out as I never know if I may not be in a position to charge it.

It is good to start draining and recharging your battery the first few times. After that it shouldn't matter. Also leaving your device to charge isn't bad as it stops after it's topped off. Previous/earlier phone models did not do this and lead to overcharging/overheating.

Welcome to the family!
    11-01-08 03:05 PM
    Welcome to CB!

11-01-08 04:00 PM
    Everyone has their own beliefs on when to charge, but I really don't wait until it drains out as I never know if I may not be in a position to charge it.
    Same goes for me!! My phone is on 24/7 365 days!!
    oh BTW Welcome to Crackberry!!Enjoy your stay!!
    11-01-08 04:04 PM
    You do not want to let your battery drain completely. That is the worst thing you can do for batteries these days. You want to put your phone on the charger whenever possible, and top it off. The battery will last much longer this way.

I use my wall charger all the time, however, in my experience the vehicle charger WILL overcharge and (over time) kill your battery because it runs off the car battery which does not read when the battery is full like a breaker set wall plug would..
    11-01-08 04:06 PM
    Oh, and welcome to crackberry!
    11-01-08 04:06 PM
    Welcome to the CB family!

11-01-08 04:21 PM
    Hello and welcome to CB.
    11-01-08 04:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD