Mine says Mexico
    10-31-13 12:08 AM
    Don't think mine is made yet lol..

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 12:09 AM
    I've purchased four so far and all four have been Mexico models.

If anyone has a Canadian-made model I WILL BUY IT! I haven't been able to procure a "Made in CANADA 1" BlackBerry since my Torch 9800.
    10-31-13 12:12 AM
    Mexico as well.
    10-31-13 12:13 AM
    My Z10 says Mexico. Why you ask?

@BZD whats special about a Canadian made BB? Is there even a plant there?
    10-31-13 12:19 AM
    My Z10 says Mexico. Why you ask?

@BZD whats special about a Canadian made BB? Is there even a plant there?
    Other than the fact that it says "Made in Canada"? Nothing.

BlackBerry has a plant in Waterloo that mainly produces engineering models, but also puts out production models when capacity allows. I'd estimate that it makes up around 5% of total production numbers.
    10-31-13 12:23 AM
    I've purchased four so far and all four have been Mexico models.

If anyone has a Canadian-made model I WILL BUY IT! I haven't been able to procure a "Made in CANADA 1" BlackBerry since my Torch 9800.
    Why no you have 4? Lol
    10-31-13 01:10 AM
    Why no you have 4? Lol
    Sent to people in the states.
    jupiter8 likes this.
    10-31-13 01:15 AM
    Mine is Mexico made

Posted via my Z30
    10-31-13 09:39 AM
    Mexico 5.

I don't think I've ever had a BlackBerry that wasn't built in Mexico.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 10:10 AM
    My Z10 is Canadian, no Z30 yet
    10-31-13 10:14 AM
    Mexico...just like my Z10.

Posted using CB10 with my Z30
    10-31-13 10:42 AM
    looks like they are all mexican haha
    10-31-13 10:47 AM
    One z30 in our family - the side of the box says Made in Mexico!!!

Woohoo!!! Not made by underpaid, abused workers in China. Not a single story of BlackBerry workers killing themselves by jumping off the dormitory roofs. Not a single story of nets being put up to prevent Mexican BlackBerry workers from jumping off the roof.

A retired couple I know spend 6 months each winter in Mexico. I asked them how much they pay their housekeeper. Turns out a Mexican housekeeper gets paid more than 5 times what the FoxConn workers are paid at the iphone factory on China. I'm sure the BB workers in Mexico are paid more than housekeepers.

It is so sad to see a relatively ethical Canadian company being trounced by unethical megacorps. And all the happy people are fine with this. Not a single iphone owner I've spoken to is concerned about the well-being of the workers who make their phones. Such a shame.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by PatrickMJS; 11-06-13 at 10:32 AM. Reason: fix typo
    10-31-13 11:31 AM
    Mexico 5 here.
    10-31-13 12:09 PM
    I bet the wireless charging vzw variant is being made in canada, like the vzw z10.
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    10-31-13 12:38 PM
    I've seen a couple made in Canada in some of the video reviews from articles posted at Crackberry. I always notice that type of thing since I'm big on made in the USA as a consumer.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 01:04 PM
    One z30 in our family - the side of the box says Made in Mexico!!!

Woohoo!!! Not made by underpaid, abused workers in China. Not a single story of BlackBerry workers killing themselves by jumping off the dormitory roofs. Not a single story of nets being put up to prevent Mexican BlackBerry workers from jumping off the roof.

A retired couple I know spend 6 months each winter in Mexico. I asked them how much they pay their housekeeper. Turns out a Mexican housekeeper gets paid more than 5 times what the FoxConn workers are paid at the iphone factory on China. I'm sure the BB workers on Mexico are paid more than housekeepers.

It is so sad to see a relatively ethical Canadian company being trounced by unethical megacorps. And all the happy people are fine with this. Not a single iphone owner I've spoken to is concerned about the well-being of the workers who make their phones. Such a shame.

Posted via CB10
    And the sad thing is, it's just soldered and assembled in Mexico, while most of the chip components is still either made in China or Taiwan.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 01:12 PM
    And the sad thing is, it's just soldered and assembled in Mexico, while most of the chip components is still either made in China or Taiwan.

Posted via CB10
    that is the most labor intensive part though. Software made in Canada, assembled in Mexico. The parts come from all over.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    10-31-13 01:26 PM
    Other than the fact that it says "Made in Canada"? Nothing.

BlackBerry has a plant in Waterloo that mainly produces engineering models, but also puts out production models when capacity allows. I'd estimate that it makes up around 5% of total production numbers.
    I didn't know this. Was surprised to see my Q10 was made in Canada.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 04:07 PM
    This one was made in Canada. It's a bit hard to see, but if you zoom you can see it.

10-31-13 04:32 PM
    This one was made in Canada. It's a bit hard to see, but if you zoom you can see it.

And he got a slip case... hmm guess the canadian made ones went to reviews and high profile clients

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 05:05 PM
    And he got a slip case... hmm guess the canadian made ones went to reviews and high profile clients

Posted via CB10
    And seem to be the ones that reboot as well. Seen in numerous reviews that their z30 rebooted. Mine hasnt and its mexican. lol So if the review sites were getting the Canadian ones then maybe the Mexican ones are better. Just a thought.
    10-31-13 05:06 PM
    And seem to be the ones that reboot as well. Seen in numerous reviews that their z30 rebooted. Mine hasnt and its mexican. lol So if the review sites were getting the Canadian ones then maybe the Mexican ones are better. Just a thought.
    Him having a Canadian one could also be regional. I believe he is in Australia.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 05:29 PM
    The press kits are pretty much all Canadian-made models. They also came with extra goodies that most carriers don't spring for - leather pouches and external charging packs for the Z30.

Same with the free phones given out at BlackBerry events.

KEVIN! If you want to trade me one of your "CANADA 1" review models...I'll buy you a brand new one. Come on, love meeeee.
    10-31-13 05:34 PM
96 123 ...