Well finally Rogers made the z30 available today but good luck in trying to get one outright.. same red tape as the others

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 04:15 PM
    they're only selling on contract????
    10-30-13 04:18 PM
    Most companies will restrict for the first week to month of the release. Not to surprising

Posted via my zed10 using CB10
    10-30-13 04:27 PM
    What's their model number? STA100-5?

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 04:29 PM
    Well finally Rogers made the z30 available today but good luck in trying to get one outright.. same red tape as the others

Posted via CB10
    After your many posts trying to find one, I don't think you ever mentioned your carrier. I assumed you were on Rogers, but I guess I was wrong.

Why do you want to buy one outright and perhaps some member can suggest a solution.
    10-30-13 04:34 PM
    What's their model number? STA100-5?

Posted via CB10
    Yes...

Posted from my Z30.
    10-30-13 04:41 PM
    they're only selling on contract????
    No, if you are a Rogers customer you can buy them off contract. It is no different than when you drop the phone and it breaks, they will sell you a new one.
    10-30-13 04:44 PM
    I spent hours on the phone today trying to get one ordered outright and couldn't. I went from sales to store back to sales then on to customer service and eventually customer retention and there is no way in the system that allows an outright purchase. Rogers has three options to choose from. New Customers /Adding a New Line/Upgrading... you choose outright purchase and it takes you to their phone number.. when you call that number there is nothing they can do. Even though they list "month to month " as an option when ordering it does not allow for this on the website.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 05:04 PM
    I am on Rogers. Have a Z10. Bought Z30 outright as a business customer for $159. Ships tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 05:06 PM
    Outright for $159?... lucky you. Not going to fight with the system anymore. Guess I'm lucky to have a Z10 because these things are in such high demand

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 05:24 PM
    I am on Rogers. Have a Z10. Bought Z30 outright as a business customer for $159. Ships tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    How did you score that? I have a corporate account. Wonder if they can do something for me?

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 05:41 PM
    I am on Rogers. Have a Z10. Bought Z30 outright as a business customer for$159. Ships tomorrow.

and now it's October 2015

Posted via CB10
    How'd you pull that off? Best I could do was get the to wave my early cancellation fee. Actually worked out cause my contract was up
    Feb 2016 and now it's October 2015
    10-30-13 05:47 PM
    And I'm a business account
    10-30-13 05:50 PM
    Nope. Trust me you renewed your contract for 2 years. I know someone that works for them. I would double check that.
    This is in response to the Oakville guy who said he got it outright for 159.

On my BlackBerry Z10 running 10.2 on Rogers
    10-30-13 08:57 PM
    I invested about three hours of my time earlier today trying to purchase a phone outright for $599 and there was no allowance in Rogers system for that. I'm totally baffled by this because the option is clearly there on their website for outright purchase "month to month " customers... that guy who said he got one for $159 outright is clearly mistaken. I would like for anyone who got one of these outright from Rogers to please tell me what steps to follow

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 10:29 PM
    I've always believed in outright purchase and yes you're right I'm with Rogers and would appreciate any help I can get

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 11:21 PM
    After your many posts trying to find one, I don't think you ever mentioned your carrier. I assumed you were on Rogers, but I guess I was wrong.

Why do you want to buy one outright and perhaps some member can suggest a solution.
    As you can see I'm still shopping for a Z30. On Z10 release day I walked in a Rogers store and walked out with a black but later return for a second device without an issue. Not so this time around. I actually ordered one from Telus but that order was never completed for some unknown reason. Now I was trying to get one from Rogers because I've been a long time Rogers customer and the issues seem insurmountable at this time
    If there's anyone here that know a way or can offer some help/advice I would greatly appreciate it

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 11:26 PM
    As you can see I'm still shopping for a Z30. On Z10 release day I walked in a Rogers store and walked out with a black but later return for a second device without an issue. Not so this time around. I actually ordered one from Telus but that order was never completed for some unknown reason. Now I was trying to get one from Rogers because I've been a long time Rogers customer and the issues seem insurmountable at this time
    If there's anyone here that know a way or can offer some help/advice I would greatly appreciate it

Posted via CB10
    Have you tried using the reservation system? When you go to the store to pick it up just say you want to pay cash for it.
    10-31-13 08:24 AM
    Have you tried using the reservation system? When you go to the store to pick it up just say you want to pay cash for it.
    The reservation system is basically just there for FLEXTAB clients. I have a Facebook response from Rogers last night saying it's okay to walk in a store and buy outright so I'm going to try that avenues even though stores were giving me mixed stories about "policy "when I called. Thanks again!!!

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 08:37 AM
    The reservation system is basically just there for FLEXTAB clients. I have a Facebook response from Rogers last night saying it's okay to walk in a store and buy outright so I'm going to try that avenues even though stores were giving me mixed stories about "policy "when I called. Thanks again!!!

Posted via CB10
    As far as I am aware they aren't selling it in store at all for walk-in customers. If you use the device reservation system they will SHIP it to the store of your choice. So you, as someone who ordered it online, can pick it up at your local store.

But for general walk-in customers I don't believe they will have any "in-store" stock. Unless things have changed, but that was my understanding.
    10-31-13 08:42 AM
    As far as I am aware they aren't selling it in store at all for walk-in customers. If you use the device reservation system they will SHIP it to the store of your choice. So you, as someone who ordered it online, can pick it up at your local store.

But for general walk-in customers I don't believe they will have any "in-store" stock. Unless things have changed, but that was my understanding.
    I think you are right about them not carrying it in store. Just visited a local store and again it was negativity towards BlackBerry in general and when I specifically asked about theZ30 it was like "why, isn't that just a slightly bigger Z10?" on line reservations are only working for FLEXTAB customers so I'm just list in the middle of a hot desert lol..

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 10:41 AM
    I dunno. I just said I already owned my z10 outright so I wanted a Z30 and the Rogers gal said OK. I said $179. And she said no $159 shipped. Should get it Friday. I think business customers are jumping online booking line.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 11:38 AM
    Oh and it's shipping to my house.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 11:39 AM
    I dunno. I just said I already owned my z10 outright so I wanted a Z30 and the Rogers gal said OK. I said $179. And she said no $159 shipped. Should get it Friday. I think business customers are jumping online booking line.

Posted via CB10
    Not sure. If I were you I'd double check it. My rep said there was no way they would allow that. I tried it last week. Told them I'd be willing to trade back in my z10 and pay promotional price but they said no can do

BlackBerry 4 life!
    10-31-13 12:09 PM
    I have a receipt from rogersdirect.ca that shows $159. No contract. Shipped to my home. Maybe because I am heavy business user corporate account I got a deal. I expected $179 and to go back on contract but I am not. Maybe fact I had bought my Z10 outright made a difference?

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 02:54 PM