I have been watching the Remember app closely since I got my Q10 and there have not been a lot of mentions of it on the forums. It reminds me of the old app "Add To" on BBOS, but Remember now takes this concept to a whole new level.

It also seems many people are not aware of the many things that the app actually does, especially in 10.2, so I thought I would share my observations.

If anyone has anything they can add to this thread, or something I have wrong, please chime in.

Remember is almost like an operating system, in and of itself. It's an all-in-one, note taker, task manager and organizer that is now fully integrated with the BB 10 calendar. It's similar to Evernote and even integrates with it, but is more functional (at least on the device itself). If you get emails, texts, etc , that require you to take action at a later time (ie put on your calendar), this app is for you.

Calendar integration is what separates it from every other app out there...on any platform. It is very powerful and is the most productive driven app I have ever used...but yet it still has a little room to grow.

It actually integrates with almost everything on your BB10 phone, including many 3rd party apps like Noted, Exporter, etc. I won't get into the obvious functions of the app, such as creating task, notes, new folders, etc. There are tutorials for that on your device. But I thought it would be good to point out a few productive uses of this app to showcase it's potential and how it can be used to help turn your phone into a productivity machine.

Here are just some ways to get different elements of your device content, filed into a Remember folder and onto your calendar, with reminders and due dates on your calendar (10.2 only).

1) Email - Long press on the email and Flag. This will automatically put the email in the "Unfiled" Remember Folder. From the Unfiled folder you can move it to any folder you like. Email is one of the few places where you can't select your folder on the fly when you file it. It has to go to the Unfiled folder first, as far as I can fighure.

From the Unfiled folder you can move an entry to a different specified folder, or you can just assign a due date and/or reminder in the Unfiled folder. The reminder allows a time and date. It will populate your email entry into your calendar with a yellow remember folder icon, and place it at the time you have set for it to remind you. The due date is separate and it will populate your calendar at the very bottom of the date it's due, much like Facebook birthdays do.

You will get a reminder pop up on your device similar to the other reminders on the calendar, with the option to snooze, edit, etc.

FYI...if you want to share entire email conversations or text conversations.... or select multiple individual messages from either and share them to Remember, the Exporter app does this fantastically.

2) Text/MMS - Long press the individual text message and share. You can select the folder on the fly, add notes, set a reminder for your calendar, etc.

3) Twitter- Long press on the Tweet. At the bottom of the menu, click on the 3 dots, then select share. Again, assign the folder, add notes, reminders, etc.

4) Photos- Hit share button, choose which Remember folder to share it to.

5) Websites- Swipe down from the top to get the menu pop up at the bottom of the page, hit the 3 dots, then share (link to the page will go to Remember folder). Or highlight text to clip, hit share.

6) Contacts - hit 3 dots, share contact (choose Remember)

7) BB Maps- You can share recent or saved locations from maps to Remember folders. Long press on the address and then click on the 3 dots and share.

8) PDF Files. Tap and hit share.

These are the main ones I use. Again, if it's on your phone, odds are good that you can share to Remember, add a reminder, and populate your Calendar. You can even put existing Calendar entries into a Remember folder.

You can have multiple entries in a single folder, all with different reminders.

For example, if you are planning a business trip. You can create a Travel folder in Remember. then add individual entries within the folder. You can add your email confirmation for you plane/train ticket, confirmation email of your hotel email, text or notes about any meetings, meeting times, PDF files, etc and have them all have separate reminders, but still have quick access to all of them at one glance in the Remember folder itself.

I have not figured out a way to share Facebook post, which would be nice. And I have not figured out how to get missed calls on there either, other than using the Call Notes app.

Hope this helps. I would love to hear other ways you guys are using this app. It organizes my day...every day and I think it will only get better as 10.2 evolves.
    gnirkatto, Mel25, Vilory and 27 others like this.
    10-28-13 08:49 PM
    Thanks very much for taking the time to share this... I learned a lot and will definitely use the app more than I already do and much more efficiently.

Posted via CB10 from my Q10 (SQN100-3)
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    10-28-13 09:20 PM
    Great thread, thank you for the tips. I use remember a the time as a basic note taking tool but this takes it further.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 09:31 PM
    I have been watching the Remember app closely since I got my Q10 and there have not been a lot of mentions of it on the forums. It reminds me of the old app "Add To" on BBOS, but Remember now takes this concept to a whole new level.

It also seems many people are not aware of the many things that the app actually does, especially in 10.2, so I thought I would share my observations.

If anyone has anything they can add to this thread, or something I have wrong, please chime in.

Remember is almost like an operating system, in and of itself. It's an all-in-one, note taker, task manager and organizer that is now fully integrated with the BB 10 calendar. It's similar to Evernote and even integrates with it, but is more functional (at least on the device itself). If you get emails, texts, etc , that require you to take action at a later time (ie put on your calendar), this app is for you.

Calendar integration is what separates it from every other app out there...on any platform. It is very powerful and is the most productive driven app I have ever used...but yet it still has a little room to grow.

It actually integrates with almost everything on your BB10 phone, including many 3rd party apps like Noted, Exporter, etc. I won't get into the obvious functions of the app, such as creating task, notes, new folders, etc. There are tutorials for that on your device. But I thought it would be good to point out a few productive uses of this app to showcase it's potential and how it can be used to help turn your phone into a productivity machine.

Here are just some ways to get different elements of your device content, filed into a Remember folder and onto your calendar, with reminders and due dates on your calendar (10.2 only).

1) Email - Long press on the email and Flag. This will automatically put the email in the "Unfiled" Remember Folder. From the Unfiled folder you can move it to any folder you like. Email is one of the few places where you can't select your folder on the fly when you file it. It has to go to the Unfiled folder first, as far as I can fighure.

From the Unfiled folder you can move an entry to a different specified folder, or you can just assign a due date and/or reminder in the Unfiled folder. The reminder allows a time and date. It will populate your email entry into your calendar with a yellow remember folder icon, and place it at the time you have set for it to remind you. The due date is separate and it will populate your calendar at the very bottom of the date it's due, much like Facebook birthdays do.

You will get a reminder pop up on your device similar to the other reminders on the calendar, with the option to snooze, edit, etc.

FYI...if you want to share entire email conversations or text conversations.... or select multiple individual messages from either and share them to Remember, the Exporter app does this fantastically.

2) Text/MMS - Long press the individual text message and share. You can select the folder on the fly, add notes, set a reminder for your calendar, etc.

3) Twitter- Long press on the Tweet. At the bottom of the menu, click on the 3 dots, then select share. Again, assign the folder, add notes, reminders, etc.

4) Photos- Hit share button, choose which Remember folder to share it to.

5) Websites- Swipe down from the top to get the menu pop up at the bottom of the page, hit the 3 dots, then share (link to the page will go to Remember folder). Or highlight text to clip, hit share.

6) Contacts - hit 3 dots, share contact (choose Remember)

7) BB Maps- You can share recent or saved locations from maps to Remember folders. Long press on the address and then click on the 3 dots and share.

8) PDF Files. Tap and hit share.

These are the main ones I use. Again, if it's on your phone, odds are good that you can share to Remember, add a reminder, and populate your Calendar. You can even put existing Calendar entries into a Remember folder.

You can have multiple entries in a single folder, all with different reminders.

For example, if you are planning a business trip. You can create a Travel folder in Remember. then add individual entries within the folder. You can add your email confirmation for you plane/train ticket, confirmation email of your hotel email, text or notes about any meetings, meeting times, PDF files, etc and have them all have separate reminders, but still have quick access to all of them at one glance in the Remember folder itself.

I have not figured out a way to share Facebook post, which would be nice. And I have not figured out how to get missed calls on there either, other than using the Call Notes app.

Hope this helps. I would love to hear other ways you guys are using this app. It organizes my day...every day and I think it will only get better as 10.2 evolves.
    Just the first thing I noticed in your post...you can hit "i" when you're inside a message to file it anywhere, aka "on the fly". No need to file it inside Remember, and then re-file.

Posted via CB10 on 10.1.0.4780
    dianap and southlander like this.
    10-28-13 09:33 PM
    I am not seeing the option to save to Remember when I hit "i" inside an email. Is that what you are talking about?

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 09:43 PM
    I am not seeing the option to save to Remember when I hit "i" inside an email. Is that what you are talking about?

Posted via CB10
    Oh I see what you're saying. You want to file inside Remember....not your Email Folder Structure. Got it. Nevermind then.

10-28-13 09:46 PM
    Right, the goal is to get it in Remember so it can integrate with the calendar.

Oh I see what you're saying. You want to file inside Remember....not your Email Folder Structure. Got it. Nevermind then.

10-28-13 09:48 PM
    Right, the goal is to get it in Remember so it can integrate with the calendar.
    Gotz it. My bad brosef.

10-28-13 09:49 PM
    Lot of great features. I wouldn't mind seeing a PC, Mac, or Web Interface though. That's why I use Evernote vs something only accessible on my BlackBerry.

10-28-13 09:50 PM
    Thank you for the excellent post! Why aren't there were more posts like this?

I often wish we could view more in depth tutorials on subjects such as these to take full advantage of BB10. Can't remember who posted it but somewhere there was a short useful post about call notes!
    Instead of bickering maybe some folks could get on that.... A-HEM!

Anyhow, thanks again!

Posted via CB10
    pnimmer7 and waterfrontmgmt like this.
    10-28-13 09:51 PM
    Thanks very much for this post! I was just playing around with Remember yesterday so your post is timely and very helpful.

Posted via CB10
    waterfrontmgmt likes this.
    10-28-13 10:03 PM
    It does integrate with Evernote , but there are restrictions and I haven't really figured how to make the most of it. I also can't figure out how to add a due date and time on Evernote.

Lot of great features. I wouldn't mind seeing a PC, Mac, or Web Interface though. That's why I use Evernote vs something only accessible on my BlackBerry.

10-28-13 10:07 PM
    It does integrate with Evernote , but there are restrictions and I haven't really figured how to make the most of it. I also can't figure out how to add a due date and time on Evernote.
    It used to before they made an actual BlackBerry app for Evernote which surpasses the evernote capabilities in Remember. Maybe they'll work on better integrating them.

10-28-13 10:08 PM
    That would be great if they could be more flexible on how they integrate. I like Evernote and used it before Remember... but I have to be able to import reminders into my calendar. That is what makes Remember golden for me. I will probably still set up a synced Evernote folder in Remember, just for desktop things that don't need reminders.... so I can have them on my phone...and work on them on my desktop.

It used to before they made an actual BlackBerry app for Evernote which surpasses the evernote capabilities in Remember. Maybe they'll work on better integrating them.

10-28-13 10:24 PM
    Thank you for your post. I want to highlight a that unfortunately Remember doesn't sync with outlook tasks, at least the same way notes did in legacy OS. There are probably multiple restrictions, but it would be fantastic if could sync with outlook (including its attachments).
    10-28-13 10:42 PM
    Another tip: you can sort notes in Remember by Creation Date in 10.2, which was something that a lot of people complained about before. You can also sort by Title, Due Date, and Last Modified Date.

Remember App & Tips Using It-img_00000371.png

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 11:19 PM
    When I flag an email it goes to the Flagged Email folder instead of the Unfiled folder.
    Once inside the Flagged folder there is no option to move it to a different file. What do I do?

Posted via CB10

Edit: this appears to apply to emails on my work account only.
    Last edited by robot_ca; 10-28-13 at 11:56 PM.
    10-28-13 11:45 PM
    One of the things I use the Remember App for is to keep track of my physiotherapy exercises.

I created a checklist for each exercise that I have to do, and can tick each one off as I go along. Once I've completed all of my exercises I just uncheck each box and my list is ready for my next appointment.

Remember App & Tips Using It-img_00001178.png

I have one set up for each day with different exercises in each, I use numbers if I want to group items together, and for exercises that may require an explanation - clicking the item opens to the details page. I find Remember faster and simpler to use than apps built for this specific purpose

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 12:04 AM
    Your post is what made me remember about the remember app. I've been searching for a food note taker / organizer for months. I feel like a clutz forgetting about this app. This app is amazing and powerful. Thanks friend!

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 01:28 AM
    Good*

Posted via CB10
    seanpriest likes this.
    10-29-13 01:29 AM
    Is there still no way of backing up the data in Remember apart from Link? It seems really useful but I need some sort of backup. I have it linked to my Evernote account but those entries can't use due date and reminders.

Posted via CB10
    cbzeduser likes this.
    10-29-13 02:28 AM
    apps i miss them sometimes.
    10-29-13 02:39 AM
    t's a great app but how do I share my Remember information? I

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 06:48 AM
    Is there still no way of backing up the data in Remember apart from Link? It seems really useful but I need some sort of backup. I have it linked to my Evernote account but those entries can't use due date and reminders.

Posted via CB10
    Use Fire Chest Backup. It's a free application that will encrypt your data and back it up to DropBox. That's the only option though. You can selectively choose what data on your phone to backup. If you lose your phone or it gets wiped, as long as you still remember the password you set you can restore the data again.

Remember App & Tips Using It-img_00000372.png

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 07:29 AM
    Is there a way to change the default calendar in Remember? I have more than one calendar.
    10-29-13 08:07 AM
118 123 ...