So lately my music app has been showing no music when I open it. I have about 3000 songs on my sd card so I know they are there and I can even play them from my file manager. I've never had this problem until like last week. I might factory reset my phone and see if that fixes the problem.

Anyone else had this problem before?
    10-28-13 12:09 PM
    So lately my music app has been showing no music when I open it. I have about 3000 songs on my sd card so I know they are there and I can even play them from my file manager. I've never had this problem until like last week. I might factory reset my phone and see if that fixes the problem.

Anyone else had this problem before?
    Try taking the SD out, rebooting (hold both volume rockers OR the top buttom untill the device reboots) before the wipe.

After it boots, open the music app - it won't have anything to show since the SD is out. Close it and put the SD back in. Wait for the messages telling you the device has seen the SD and then give it around 5 minutes to index everything.

See if that does it. It should have indexed everything and be able to show your songs.
    10-28-13 12:15 PM
    Kyle, I've experienced this annoying issue before, as well. If diegonei's sound method doesn't work you, can try what worked for me: it was a simple fix, I just restarted the device and my music files were visible again. Hold the power button down > Restart, or if that doesn't work: press and hold both up/down volume buttons until your device reboots. Hope one of these simple methods work for you.
    diegonei likes this.
    10-28-13 12:43 PM
    Try taking the SD out, rebooting (hold both volume rockers OR the top buttom untill the device reboots) before the wipe.

After it boots, open the music app - it won't have anything to show since the SD is out. Close it and put the SD back in. Wait for the messages telling you the device has seen the SD and then give it around 5 minutes to index everything.

See if that does it. It should have indexed everything and be able to show your songs.
    I did everything but i'm still having the issue.

When I put the sd card back in my berry didn't give me a message saying I inserted an sd card. Could it not be recognizing it for some reason? Even though I can use my file manager and find things through there
    10-28-13 12:49 PM
    I did everything but i'm still having the issue.

When I put the sd card back in my berry didn't give me a message saying I inserted an sd card. Could it not be recognizing it for some reason? Even though I can use my file manager and find things through there
    What OS version are you running there? It sounds an awful lot like a bug I used to get back on 10.0/early 10.1...

If it is the same thing... I suggest moving all of your stuff from the SD to a PC or external drive, formating the SD with the Q10 and then moving everything back in.

And then updating the OS pronto.
    10-28-13 08:36 PM
    What OS version are you running there? It sounds an awful lot like a bug I used to get back on 10.0/early 10.1...

If it is the same thing... I suggest moving all of your stuff from the SD to a PC or external drive, formating the SD with the Q10 and then moving everything back in.

And then updating the OS pronto.
    Haha I want to update. I just don't trust myself to update to 10.2. And I don't want it to cause issues when the official 10.2 comes out
    10-28-13 10:16 PM
    Haha I want to update. I just don't trust myself to update to 10.2. And I don't want it to cause issues when the official 10.2 comes out
    Update to official then?

http://crackberry.com/how-get-os-102-update-right-now
    SharonRD likes this.
    10-28-13 11:15 PM
    I had this issue yesterday after I had transferred some music from the PC to my Z10.

I just turned off the option on my phone to use as USB Mass Storage and it instantly found all my music again.

Hope that helps!
    10-29-13 05:28 AM
    So when using that program I would use all of the information provided? The Canada, rogers, etc? i'm on verizon
    10-29-13 09:30 AM
    So when using that program I would use all of the information provided? The Canada, rogers, etc? i'm on verizon
    Use whatever carrier/country combination that finds 10.2.0.424 (if you happen to find higher, SHOUT! It's news!). Verizon/US won't work since they didn't release 10.2. Sachesi grabs you officially released versions only (diectly from the same source carriers push OTA updates).
    10-29-13 09:34 AM
    Use whatever carrier/country combination that finds 10.2.0.424 (if you happen to find higher, SHOUT! It's news!). Verizon/US won't work since they didn't release 10.2. Sachesi grabs you officially released versions only (diectly from the same source carriers push OTA updates).
    Oh alright. So basically I have to install the leak the old fashion way?
    10-29-13 09:57 AM
    Or would I be able to use another country/carriers code? Or would that mess up my phone?
    10-29-13 09:58 AM
    Oh alright. So basically I have to install the leak the old fashion way?
    Whatever carrier/country combo that finds the OS you want for your device model will do. No need for autoloaders.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 09:54 PM
    Ive had the exact same problem, but now it is affecting my books, camera photos as well, I can only view/play my files via the file manager.
    I have tried all of the above and the problem is still occuring.
    I have restarted countless time, I have the latest OS 10.2.0.424
    Any other advice that you can suggest, please?
    12-03-13 06:12 AM
    Did you guys try banfordbantam's method? Go to Settings>Storage and Access>scroll to the very bottom then toggle USB Mass Storage to "off" if it's currently on.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 05:29 PM