Has anyone checked to see if you can add multiple email accounts from the same domain on BES 10.1.3?

Thanks
    10-28-13 09:55 AM
    You mean to one device? No still not possible.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 03:09 PM
    No, still one 'Work' email per device. I am actually doubtful this will change.
    10-29-13 09:31 AM
    I even tried adding one work and one ActiveSync account from the same domain. Not allowed. Once work account is active, it prevents other email account with the same domain name from activation via ActiveSync.
    10-29-13 01:25 PM
    No, still one 'Work' email per device. I am actually doubtful this will change.
    That's too bad, I guest BBRY is going to learn the hard way with this.

A client of mine that is a big international stock market trading company has decided to dump their BBRYs for iPhone. One of the founders and CEO of the company has multiple accounts on the same domain that needs to be able to access, currently he uses BOLD 9900 but after finding out they can't make his BB10 device work the same way he vowed to move his company away from BlackBerry all together. Too bad so sad for BBRY. These people are what drive the market place, BBRY doesn't care. I hope they are seeing this and will finally start to listen.
    10-30-13 01:58 PM
    Use a separate email "sub-domain" to add the other work accounts as normal ActiveSync accounts.

It's by no means a perfect solution, but it's better than not. And by email sub-domain I mean if @company.com is your primary email domain, then @alternate.company.com would be a sub-domain. Please note email flow for this sub-domain should be working.

Posted via CB10
    deiop and higherdestiny like this.
    10-31-13 07:04 PM
    Use a separate email "sub-domain" to add the other work accounts as normal ActiveSync accounts.

It's by no means a perfect solution, but it's better than not. And by email sub-domain I mean if @company.com is your primary email domain, then @alternate.company.com would be a sub-domain. Please note email flow for this sub-domain should be working.

Posted via CB10
    I'm glad this work around still works! BlackBerry will lose customers over this limitation.

I know it's in the name of security, but the implementation is wrong. BES10 should be able to make multiple ActiveSync connections in the same Exchange organisation secure within a work space or work spaces, needing multiple mailboxes while mobile is commonplace.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 07:42 AM

Posted via CB10
    Also worked for me. Not a flawless solution - but good for an emergency workaround.

I'm waiting for a reply from BlackBerry as to whether or not this functionality is on the roadmap for future BES releases.
    02-04-14 07:02 PM

Posted via CB10
    Can't do that in this case. The user receives emails from all their accounts on this one domain.
    02-10-14 02:20 PM
    I love these threads, CEO ordering the change of infrastructure due to a feature that didn't exist on BES 5 not being on BES 10.

You can't have multiple emails added to a handheld in Java land unless you're pushing them through BIS. In which case that should hopefully be considered a security violation... especially if you're a 'large trading company'.
    02-10-14 06:27 PM
    You can't have multiple emails from the same domain using Active Sync on a iPhone either can you?
    02-12-14 01:07 PM
    You can't have multiple emails from the same domain using Active Sync on a iPhone either can you?
    Yes you can. Try it!

The CEO at one of the companies I manage uses his iPhone and has all three of his email accounts on his iPhone from the same domain. I have setup Android servers that have needed access to multiple mailboxes from the same domains to using EAS.
    02-12-14 03:51 PM
    I love these threads, CEO ordering the change of infrastructure due to a feature that didn't exist on BES 5 not being on BES 10.

You can't have multiple emails added to a handheld in Java land unless you're pushing them through BIS. In which case that should hopefully be considered a security violation... especially if you're a 'large trading company'.
    This is not true! Stop spreading lies!

When BES 10.0 came out, it supported multiple emails from the same domain, when best BES 10.1 that feature was gone.

And don't get on my case you consider to be a security violation. iPhones are security violations as proven by Snowden but everyone still uses them, even the traders, and the banksters use them.
    Last edited by smoothrunnings; 02-13-14 at 02:23 PM.
    02-12-14 03:52 PM
    This is not true! Stop spreading lies!

When BES 10.0 came out, it supported multiple emails from the same domain, when best BES 10.1 that feature was gone.
    No, BES10.0 also checked for multiple email accounts with the same email domain and wouldn't let you add another. If it ever allowed you to it would have been an earlier version of BDS in Mobile Fusion.

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 / 10.2.1.1925 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2
    02-13-14 12:07 PM
    No, BES10.0 also checked for multiple email accounts with the same email domain and wouldn't let you add another. If it ever allowed you to it would have been an earlier version of BDS in Mobile Fusion.

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 / 10.2.1.1925 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bes-10-...ddress-807418/

Post from Johnnyuk:

ep, I hear you. And adding a plain old Active Sync account along side a Work account worked for me on a Z10 activated on BES10.0 until I upgraded the handset to BB10.1, now "Computer says no!".

Your response that BES 10.0 didn't support or allow you have multiple accounts from the same domain is also a lie. It's clear from your own post that version 10.0 did allow it, but BES 10.1 didn't. You need to pay attention more!
    02-13-14 02:19 PM
    I am considering switching to Blackberry after being a longtime iPhone owner. I have been looking into the Q10.

My main question is regarding security with email. I have a couple of gmail accounts and an old yahoo account - I realize that they are not secure at all. What i am wondering is how do I set up a native email on blackberry that is secure and how does that email look? For ex: is it something like [email protected]? Or what is it like? I appreciate any help and sorry if this is a basic question!
    02-13-14 04:08 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bes-10-...ddress-807418/

Post from Johnnyuk:

ep, I hear you. And adding a plain old Active Sync account along side a Work account worked for me on a Z10 activated on BES10.0 until I upgraded the handset to BB10.1, now "Computer says no!".

Your response that BES 10.0 didn't support or allow you have multiple accounts from the same domain is also a lie. It's clear from your own post that version 10.0 did allow it, but BES 10.1 didn't. You need to pay attention more!
    Nope, we both need to pay more attention!

It was putting BB10.1 the OS on the PHONE that stopped it working with BES10.0, nothing to do with upgrading to BES10.1

Guess the BES version doesn't matter, it's the phone OS during adding the account that's doing the checking.

10.2.1.1925 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.1
    Last edited by johnnyuk; 02-13-14 at 06:34 PM.
    02-13-14 06:14 PM
    I am considering switching to Blackberry after being a longtime iPhone owner. I have been looking into the Q10.

My main question is regarding security with email. I have a couple of gmail accounts and an old yahoo account - I realize that they are not secure at all. What i am wondering is how do I set up a native email on blackberry that is secure and how does that email look? For ex: is it something like [email protected]? Or what is it like? I appreciate any help and sorry if this is a basic question!
    I think you get something wrong ;-)

The device can handle active sync, pop and imap accounts as every other device like Ios and android. Only the BES adds a "Workside" that is "more secure" than the normal accounts because of additional encryption added to the mailflow / tunnel.

So, do you have / plan to have a BES Server?

If no - concerning "email security" the BlackBerry device does the same like Ios and android.

The BlackBerry OS in my humble opinion - is more secure than other OS'es. But this has nothing to do with the security of your email account at yahoo etc.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 11:29 PM