Hello,

I'm particularly looking for possibilities to input Latvian language on my Blackberry Z10.
    At the moment phone can read Latvian characters like �,č,ķ,�,ē,ā etc. and also sometimes it can predict some specific words with these characters, however, it is impossible to type.

There is an app for older BB models, which is working fine: BlackBerry World - LatvianKeys
    Also I was trying to contact the developer of this app and ask about their future plans, but apparently provided email address doesn't exist.

Maybe someone has a solution for this situation? Or maybe someone has information if BB is planing to input new languages soon?

Best regards!
    10-26-13 04:55 AM
    Let's hope someone can answer you. Good thing that you can see characters, so input support should not bee far away.
    10-26-13 06:28 AM
    Anyone? :/

Posted via my sexy Z10
    10-30-13 08:29 PM
    I consider buying BB10 device, but lack of Latvian input is a dealbreaker for me. So, I would really appreciate more information on this issue from somebody knowledgeable enough too.
    11-20-13 08:26 AM
    Hello,

I'm particularly looking for possibilities to input Latvian language on my Blackberry Z10.
    At the moment phone can read Latvian characters like �,č,ķ,�,ē,ā etc. and also sometimes it can predict some specific words with these characters, however, it is impossible to type.
    Maybe someone has a solution for this situation? Or maybe someone has information if BB is planing to input new languages soon?

Best regards!
    Check KeyboMagic as a workaround - it supports now Latvian:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/app-ann...guages-942099/
    07-07-14 08:57 AM
    Check KeyboMagic as a workaround - it supports now Latvian:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/app-ann...guages-942099/
    stop recommend this useless App
    07-22-14 02:47 PM
    stop recommend this useless App
    Zapryane, KeyboMagic is not a replacement for the native keyboard. But for many users it works very well. Some of us use their BlackBerry for e-mails. And in many situations the e-mails could be rather lengthy containing few paragraphs and taking few minutes to type them in. Once entered in KeyboMagic it is very quick and easy to transfer the content in the e-mail body. So after typing for 2 minutes it takes only 2 seconds to paste it. For many users that works much better than the alternative of... not being able to enter many letters at all or using obscure keyboard layouts.

We understand that your may be using the BlackBerry for other purposes and the app does not work well for you. But for the rest it seems to be very helpful. We still hope that BlackBerry will implement the native keyboards for the missing languages soon. Until then if any users are struggling with their language input - we will try to help them.
    08-06-14 07:55 AM
    Just tried this new app and it's a mess. In Latvian for instance there are several letters missing, so again it's impossible to use it as some sort of alternative.

Posted via my sexy Z10
    09-16-14 02:58 PM
    In Latvian for instance there are several letters missing..
    All the Latvian letters (even some "historical" ones) should be available - the layout mappings can be found in the Help screen (swipe down from the top bezel to access it). We recommend to use the Multi Key Press "LV Multi" - with this layout the Latvian letters show after pressing second time the same key within one second. Try for example pressing twice "R".. or "O". As Q, W, X and Y do not exist they are assigned to display directly Latvian letters.

Hope that helps. Let us know if there are still any questions.
    09-16-14 08:55 PM
    All the Latvian letters (even some "historical" ones) should be available - the layout mappings can be found in the Help screen (swipe down from the top bezel to access it). We recommend to use the Multi Key Press "LV Multi" - with this layout the Latvian letters show after pressing second time the same key within one second. Try for example pressing twice "R".. or "O". As Q, W, X and Y do not exist they are assigned to display directly Latvian letters.

Hope that helps. Let us know if there are still any questions.
    Hey dev4bb10 how can I acces to the Help screen and what shoulde after that?

Edited: Now i get it
    Last edited by tomylv; 05-12-15 at 04:48 AM.
    05-12-15 04:06 AM
    Hey dev4bb10 how can I access to the Help screen..
    As reference in case this question comes up again:

Open the app and swipe down from the top bezel to access the Help and Settings (as show in the image below).

Other Languages & Characters-navigation_app_menu_showing.png
    05-12-15 02:52 PM