We all hate the carrier wait time. A whole lot of people install leaks just to get the newest software update. My question now is, what stops blackberry from pushing updates through the blackberry Link. Am on Tmobile and the mere fact that some people have it, and I don't pisses me the hell off. WTF could Tmobile and all the other carriers be testing that it takes weeks and months in some cases to release a software update. The sooner blackberry gets ahead of this situation, the better.
    10-25-13 06:29 PM
    I used to even install any carrier I wanted software update when I used the legacy device. Now we don't even have that option.
    10-25-13 06:31 PM
    because its not the way it works, no one else does this either. Apple is the only one really. Android goes thru the same issue. Networks cant risk an update not playing with their network and crashing it for some unknown reason
    10-25-13 06:46 PM
    because its not the way it works, no one else does this either. Apple is the only one really. Android goes thru the same issue. Networks cant risk an update not playing with their network and crashing it for some unknown reason
    But they don't have a problem approving an OS that reboots the phone at least once a day. Affecting the network itself is unlikely.
    southlander likes this.
    10-25-13 06:50 PM
    But they don't have a problem approving an OS that reboots the phone at least once a day. Affecting the network itself is unlikely.
    lol yep its amazing to see what carriers approve
    10-25-13 06:57 PM

Apple releases updates after everything is finalized which includes carrier testing.
    10-25-13 07:10 PM
    As the previous owner of several BlackBerry 10 devices that were factory unlocked, not sold by any carrier in the world and exclusively built for developers, I can confindetly say that BlackBerry either doesn't want to or simply can't push out updates to BB10 devices.

Seriously, do you think mean old Verizon or AT&T was preventing them from giving the Dev Alpha A, B, C and Limited Edition Z10 a over the air update? Nah, the carriers had absolutely nothing to do with any of those phones, yet none of them have ever received a OTA from BlackBerry.

Don't blame this on the carriers.
    11-15-13 09:41 PM
    I thought they were finished with testing. They are just sitting on the update as far as I can tell.
    11-15-13 10:14 PM
    Blame it on all carriers.Period.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30.
    11-19-13 03:20 PM
    Better yet send it through the Blackberry Beta Zone app, bypass that crappy temperamental BBLINK and computer do it straight from phone just like the reg' ota update.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 03:50 PM
    lol yep its amazing to see what carriers approve
    So then what are they testing if so many obvious major bugs make it through? Reboots, deletion of all emails, and on and on and on.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1055
    11-19-13 04:01 PM
    Networks cant risk an update not playing with their network and crashing it for some unknown reason
    That's the public facing reason. It's really about decontenting and bloatware. Apple releases after carrier testing, Blackberry could do the same but it comes down the first rule of negotiating.

"Determine if you are in a position of strength or weakness, and negotiate accordingly".

Blackberry is in NO position to challenge the carriers in ANY way. How far will a carrier bend to accommodate a platform that negligibly contributes to carrier profitability? Not far.
    11-19-13 04:38 PM
    BB doesnt just the carriers and the carriers dont trust BB....vicious circle
    Blame it on all carriers.Period.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30.
    11-19-13 04:42 PM
    As the previous owner of several BlackBerry 10 devices that were factory unlocked, not sold by any carrier in the world and exclusively built for developers, I can confindetly say that BlackBerry either doesn't want to or simply can't push out updates to BB10 devices.

Seriously, do you think mean old Verizon or AT&T was preventing them from giving the Dev Alpha A, B, C and Limited Edition Z10 a over the air update? Nah, the carriers had absolutely nothing to do with any of those phones, yet none of them have ever received a OTA from BlackBerry.

Don't blame this on the carriers.
    Own a WiFi PlayBook? All updates sent out OTA by BlackBerry from day 1.

BlackBerry could do it if the carriers would let them, but BlackBerry are too weak today at the negotiating table to be able to stand up to the carriers the way Apple do.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by johnnyuk; 11-19-13 at 06:41 PM.
    11-19-13 04:48 PM
    I think you will find that Apple tell the carriers that they are sending out an upgrade and send over the gold code to carriers to test with. Should the carriers not finish testing or complain, out goes the update. Should one carrier have an issue, they can deselect devices on that carrier.

This is all done behind the scenes via the lovely app store. BlackBerry could merrily do the same with BlackBerry World. With legacy OSs it did have more carrier concern due to BIS, but this is no longer the case.

If they really wanted some serious testing live, they could use beta zone and update when feedback was in.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 04:59 PM
    I used to even install any carrier I wanted software update when I used the legacy device. Now we don't even have that option.
    Wrong, because you can install another carriers official OS THRU Sachesi. Very easy to do. Before I loaded 10.2.1.1055, I had run the official 10.2.0.1803 from Vodafone UK. I am on AT&T here in the USA.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    johnnyuk likes this.
    11-19-13 05:21 PM
    I just got the 10.2.0.429 update through BB Link.
    01-09-14 09:48 PM
    I just got the 10.2.0.429 update through BB Link.
    Where? What carrier? More info please.....

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 10:47 PM
    Carriers do the troubleshooting for BlackBerry phones and that is a major issue. Why do we have to call our carrier with a software/hardware issue when that should be BlackBerry's dept.

One of the few things I miss about my iPhone was how easy it was to call Apple with any problems and have it sorted out that same day.

I do not understand why BlackBerry hasn't taken this part and many other parts of their business more seriously. It's a joke and it's not fun watching a company that you want to see succeed shooting themselves in the foot over and over again.

Maybe Chen will fix all of it. Only time will tell.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG and flyingsolid like this.
    01-09-14 10:59 PM
    Carriers do the troubleshooting for BlackBerry phones and that is a major issue. Why do we have to call our carrier with a software/hardware issue when that should be BlackBerry's dept.

One of the few things I miss about my iPhone was how easy it was to call Apple with any problems and have it sorted out that same day.

I do not understand why BlackBerry hasn't taken this part and many other parts of their business more seriously. It's a joke and it's not fun watching a company that you want to see succeed shooting themselves in the foot over and over again.

Maybe Chen will fix all of it. Only time will tell.

Posted via CB10
    These are my exact thoughts. All BlackBerry would need is to hire a support center and even start with a few kiosks in major cities shopping centers. Allowing BlackBerry employees to demo bb10 devices, and consumers can purchase directly from BlackBerry. If slightly successful they might then have some pull to try and negotiate to release updates like apple does. (never will happen)

They've got to spend money to make money, but it's about spending it were it matters. IMO the retail store business model is a key part to apples success.

Z30 - The Final Destination - Winnipeg Mb Clothing|Footwear|Headwear|Headshop|Tobacconist|Ta ttoos
    01-10-14 01:34 AM
    They can't get Link to backup and restore properly let alone carry out a firmware update

Posted via CB10
    MADBRADNYC and JeepBB like this.
    01-10-14 03:10 AM
    I suspect since a software guy now runs the company, that is one thing he will be looking at. nothing gets by him, it seems.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 06:39 AM
    Where? What carrier? More info please.....

Posted via CB10
    TMOBILE USA. Just plugged in my phone and Link said there was an update available. I was running the 10.2.0.1725 leak I think.
    01-10-14 10:10 PM
    seriously when does the ota comes out for sprint

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 05:53 AM
    seriously when does the ota comes out for sprint

Posted via CB10
    You better off running a leak mate or forever live in the past. I felt the same way you feel about leaks but after my first one, i felt bad for not doing that long ago.
    01-11-14 09:20 PM
29 12