So I downloaded 10.2....loving it
    Phone is nice and fast, bunch of new cool features, so no gripe there
    I am however still getting some issues with the contacts showing up double, some cases triple, even if I select what i want to see (actually this option doesn't seem to di much)
    Is there no cure for this??

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 04:32 PM
    I had this too... it is in relation with the "filters" and their display. If you have synchronized with Link, you "double" your contacts. If you link them Outlook, too... you can even tripple them! So the solution: go to contacts, swipe down for the settings and turn off the contacts of your synchronization... some delete the contacts from phone, but I do not rely on my sync. tools... what if I mess up outlook, or my computer gets a virus?? I have my contacts on the phone and sync them in other sources... so display only one source... screenshot:
    (make sure you swipe down, enter settings then go down in that page) see:

10.2 still double contacts issue-img_00001183.png

Posted via my Q10, Germany
    10-25-13 05:01 PM
    So I downloaded 10.2....loving it
    Phone is nice and fast, bunch of new cool features, so no gripe there
    I am however still getting some issues with the contacts showing up double, some cases triple, even if I select what i want to see (actually this option doesn't seem to di much)
    Is there no cure for this??

Posted via CB10
    The only time I had the multiple contact issue was because I had Link set to sync contacts as well as having an ActiveSync email account. Once I killed the Link Sync and deleted Link from my accounts on the Z10 all of the multiples went away.
    10-25-13 05:02 PM
    The only time I had the multiple contact issue was because I had Link set to sync contacts as well as having an ActiveSync email account. Once I killed the Link Sync and deleted Link from my accounts on the Z10 all of the multiples went away.
    You have not to delete! Just "undermine" their displaying... see Contacts/Settings(swipe down) and my screenshot above

Last edited by anischab; 10-26-13 at 12:39 AM.
    10-25-13 05:18 PM
    The issues related with syncing with outlook or wherever you backed your phone from including transferring of contacts from several times from a phone via bluetooth probably even backing them up twice then transferring the contacts!

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 05:22 PM
    I've got a contact that's repeated four times! How does that work? I've only got a few that have been copied but those have been copied either two or three times. I can delete them but if it happened to my whole list of contacts it would be a mess.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 06:15 PM
    I turn off contacts on my SIM and link all the double contacts (link all replicates of person A together) and that solved my problem. No need to delete anything.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    10-25-13 06:30 PM
    I find that if I 'link' my girlfriends entries in my phone book they randomly unlink.

So I have 3 entries for her, one for Twitter, one for FB and one for all else. Happens to many contacts.

Even if I enter them as one I'm sure it creates separate entries because most have FB accounts or email.

It's a mess tbh.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 07:42 PM
    So I have been having massive issues with Contacts. First it was only duplicating, recently it started making 4-8 copies of the same contact after syncing with my MacBook. I went the route of deleting ALL my contacts from my phone, including facebook and all, and putting them in one by one (for ~500 contacts it was a pain). This morning I found that it started merging contacts! But the wrong contacts, like it would merge two of my coworkers into one contact for no good reason. It even merged contacts I no longer had on the phone.

I don't know what to do anymore, I'm fed up trying to fix this issue. Can anyone offer insight?

And I'm running a 10.1.0.2030 on SQN100-1 AT&T and all my links were set to off before I went back and added everyone into my address book.
    10-25-13 07:48 PM
    I have used the "Contact X" app to clean up the duplicates, and it has worked beautifully. You may want to give it a try!

Posted via Z10
    10-25-13 09:01 PM
    I have used the "Contact X" app to clean up the duplicates, and it has worked beautifully. You may want to give it a try!

Posted via Z10
    Anyone else use this app? I'm having double and triple contacts as well. I do not pain stakingly want to go one by one for all 900 of my contacts.

Just want a clean sheet of contacts BlackBerry. Is that asking too much?

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 09:09 PM
    So I have been having massive issues with Contacts. First it was only duplicating, recently it started making 4-8 copies of the same contact after syncing with my MacBook. I went the route of deleting ALL my contacts from my phone, including facebook and all, and putting them in one by one (for ~500 contacts it was a pain). This morning I found that it started merging contacts! But the wrong contacts, like it would merge two of my coworkers into one contact for no good reason. It even merged contacts I no longer had on the phone.

I don't know what to do anymore, I'm fed up trying to fix this issue. Can anyone offer insight?

And I'm running a 10.1.0.2030 on SQN100-1 AT&T and all my links were set to off before I went back and added everyone into my address book.
    He merges the contacts you linked together by showing all their numbers(together) if you looked into one. Remove the links... example: Contact ABC is linked with XYZ. You go into ABC you see the numbers of XYZ too, so go into linking ABC, remove the link with YXZ... then, you go to XYZ and links and if some still exist, remove the links to ABC. I had that problem, too! Go into each contact, remove all the links to other contacts, so the numbers do not merge.

Now, double, triple or even mor versions, is only "a display" thing! Go into settings, remove BBM SIM OUTLOOK BBLINK displaying, so you see only the contacts of the phone! the others are only syncs!! or as do many, keep all your contacts in outlook and delete the conrtacts of the phone and display only contacts from Outlook (settings of contacts), option that I do not encourage. Rather keeping them on the phone and do not display the Sync! (see my screenshot above)

10-26-13 12:39 AM
    I turn off contacts on my SIM and link all the double contacts (link all replicates of person A together) and that solved my problem. No need to delete anything.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    yeah!

10-26-13 12:40 AM
    Anyone else use this app? I'm having double and triple contacts as well. I do not pain stakingly want to go one by one for all 900 of my contacts.

Posted via CB10
    Simply do not link nor synchronize! (which is absurd)... If you link, do it properly, by only adding things related to a same person. If you link 2 persons the numbers are merged! I linked Mother, brother and father as Family, all numbers merged. In mother I saw brother's workphone... But then I understood! I removed the links, then linked 2 contacts that are the same in reality: PersonX and PersonX(Work) he has so many phone and fax numbers that I saved his private phone/mobile/fax in PersonX and all the things related to his company in PersonX(Work). Now, either I look into PersonX or PersonX(Work), i see all the informations of the contct!! As simple, if done correctly!!!
    Double/more contacts? see my posts above as my screenshot, it solved all problems, no deleting!!! (every OS, it is a principle in the set up)

10-26-13 12:49 AM

Posted via CB10
    Contact X works a treat. Make sure you set it to merge automatically and it'll be fine. This treats the problem but not the cause of the problem so if you get dupes again, just run Contact X again. Make sure that you are connected to a power source as this can suck a lot of juice if you have a lot of contacts.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1791
    10-26-13 01:58 AM
    So I'm supposed to pay for an app to manage my contacts, and not ever sync my contacts with my laptop. That is absolutely absurd. I use my address book on my laptop frequently. Especially when I save new emails.

Would it help to sync to Google contacts?
    10-26-13 08:32 AM
    So I'm supposed to pay for an app to manage my contacts, and not ever sync my contacts with my laptop. That is absolutely absurd. I use my address book on my laptop frequently. Especially when I save new emails.

Would it help to sync to Google contacts?
    No but if you Sync do it properly. Set up a one way sync and give the laptop preference. If you Sync with Link AND ActiveSync you will get double contacts.
    10-26-13 08:59 AM
    I don't have ActiveSync. I've got a MacBook. So I'm just using the Contacts application with BB Link. Which I have yet to find a one way sync on there... Any ideas?

*Of note. I've owned a BB for the last 4 years. I've never had this issue with BB Desktop Manager. This is really frustrating. It all used to work perfectly.
    10-26-13 10:13 AM