Please submit your feature request / wish list for bbm on iOs in this thread.

1. Ability to customize notifications for new bbm
    2. Ability to set fonts
    3. Ability to disable recent updates
    4. Ability to set chat style / show names on off
    10-24-13 07:47 PM
    These are some features that even BlackBerry users don't have. Would be nice though.
    darkshin0b1 likes this.
    10-24-13 08:36 PM
    Please submit your feature request / wish list for bbm on iOs in this thread.

1. Ability to customize notifications for new bbm
    2. Ability to set fonts
    3. Ability to disable recent updates
    4. Ability to set chat style / show names on off
    Why would you wanna disable recent updates?! I find this feature the best in bbm, that's one of the things I hated about whats app, they don't tell you when your friends update their pm or pic.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 08:53 PM
    These are some features that even BlackBerry users don't have. Would be nice though.
    I don't know about os10, but I do have these features on os7

Why would you wanna disable recent updates?! I find this feature the best in bbm, that's one of the things I hated about whats app, they don't tell you when your friends update their pm or pic.

Posted via CB10
    Sometime when I open my bbm, there are like 200 or 300+ updates, I think these would make bbm app laggy.
    What I am requesting is only an option to turn it off, just like old times. If you are happy with it, then you can still enable it.
    Just give us an option. Especially for those of us with precious battery life on the go.
    10-24-13 09:15 PM
    I thought BBM Voice at the least, if not BBM Video features would be available cross platform, my wife's iPhone 5 doesn't agree. I am somewhat confused as nobody has pointed this out at all. If not for voice and or video, BBM is not that great I think, comments anyone? Not on my opinion but on absence of voice and or video feature : )

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 12:55 AM
    I don't know about os10, but I do have these features on os7

Sometime when I open my bbm, there are like 200 or 300+ updates, I think these would make bbm app laggy.
    What I am requesting is only an option to turn it off, just like old times. If you are happy with it, then you can still enable it.
    Just give us an option. Especially for those of us with precious battery life on the go.
    I remember bbos had an option to limit the updates to 50 update or 100 updates only which I think is pretty cool, better than giving the option to disable it because we never had that option but that's just my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 06:32 AM
    Voice and video chat will be released a little later. They just wanted to get the app out first.

This post is Chuck Norris approved!!!!
    10-25-13 07:09 AM
    how about disable broadcasts for all devices please ive been wanting this for years
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    10-25-13 07:44 AM
    The ability to hide the keyboard would be nice!
    10-25-13 09:18 AM
    I remember bbos had an option to limit the updates to 50 update or 100 updates only which I think is pretty cool, better than giving the option to disable it because we never had that option but that's just my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    They DID have option to disable updates, beside 50 and 100. It was nice for anyone who doesn't like or have the time to look at friend updates.
    10-25-13 11:13 AM
    The ability to hide the keyboard would be nice!
    You can hide the keyboard now

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 04:06 PM
    the keyboard should disappear as i scroll up in a chat like how iMessage does it. it's more smoother and more intuitive that way. currently you have to touch an empty space in the chat for the keyboard to disappear.

the ability to have pictures be sent as high res by default. it wouldn't be such an issue if the regular res they chose wasn't so horrible and barely legible. the whole having to request high res, wait for other person to approve it is just a broken experience. just give the user the option in the settings instead.

ability to turn of updates. this was cool when i was a teenager and used a 9700. now it's just annoying. i don't care about every little status or picture change someone does and it just kinda bothers me to see the red asterisk showing there's been updates.

some basic stuff like being able to share location and videos. i know this seems basic to anyone that uses whatsapp. i haven't used a BB10 in a while but i believe you could send video and location but there was a size limit to video. something ridiculous like only a few megabytes

a PROPER group chatting experience. right now i can initiate a multi-chat with several people but you can't share pics of vids in that chat. however there are groups. in a group chat you can't send pics or vids either but groups have a separate section for pictures in which you can like and comment on them, but it's outside the chat. it's just a weird user experience.

generally, just want an iOS based experience. a lot of the menus and options just don't translate well to iOS (and im assuming to android too) from the BB10 system. BB10 users are accustom to the blackberry way of things but it doesn't work well when you just port it to iOS. it makes using the BBM app very un-intuitive with a steep learning curve. i think Blackberry would've been wise to make an iOS app unique to the iOS expereince/architecture and likewise for android too. i think they have to realize there's a reason millions of user left bb for ios/android. granted they missed things from bb, but not enough to stay. they need to make the BBM experience on ios/android have more positives than negatives. currently it seems like it does the same things well that it did on my 9700 (privacy and efficiency). holding onto just those values won't do much because people were already willing to give those up so quickly.

remove the BBM emoticons since iOS already has a much larger library built into the keyboard. the BBM emoticon icon also just takes up space.

there are a bunch of bugs like the fact that i'm still receiving notifications for groups i have long left and that the notifications only show the first word but i imagine this sort of thing will be fixed in future updates.
    10-25-13 04:46 PM
    remove the BBM emoticons since iOS already has a much larger library built into the keyboard. the BBM emoticon icon also just takes up space.
    Are you serious?! BBM emoticons are the best out there. If I'm not wrong, IOS emoticons are just like whats app, one of the reasons I hated whats app, just my opinion though.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 05:31 PM
    No I don't agree with you for removing bbm emoticons.
    Did you forget, bbm is a cross platform messenger, that means, if bbm emoticons is erased, bbm android users would not be able to read/send emoticons with and from your bbm ios ?
    10-25-13 09:35 PM
    No I don't agree with you for removing bbm emoticons.
    Did you forget, bbm is a cross platform messenger, that means, if bbm emoticons is erased, bbm android users would not be able to read/send emoticons with and from your bbm ios ?
    hmm good point. in iOS the emoticon library is WAY larger then the BBM one and personally i think the iOS ones look better. but you're right because i'm not sure if the iOS ones show up to non iOS users. i gotta test that. for example, if i send an iOS emoticon to an android/bb user would it show up ? anyway, i do prefer the iOS emoticon library but i wouldn't mind having to use the BBM one. the thing that bothers me most is the icon taking up space. i think a layout fix could solve this though.

im curious about this situation on whatsapp too. i've never noticed a specific whatsapp icon for emoticons. it just uses the iOS one in the keyboard. off to investigate i go !

EDIT:
    so far i've figured out that whatsapp doesn't come with emoticons. so it essentially just uses what the phone comes with nativey. on iOS that's emoji and i think Android uses emoji too. although you could probably install a bunch of others on android too. now i have to find someone on whatsapp on a berry to see how it works for them. does the bb10 and pre-bb10 keyboards have emoji or something similar ?
    Last edited by avmsam; 10-26-13 at 02:07 PM.
    10-26-13 01:49 PM
    Yes, ios have emoji, and android also have emoji.
    Maybe simple emoji such as both on android and ios will show same smiling icon.
    But what if we are talking about thumbs up or cat/dogs emoji? I dont think ios and android have the same exact library and codes of each of emoji.

So, by bbm having its own library of emoji, it will allow everyone on bbm to exactly receive what emoji sender is meaning to.
    10-26-13 11:42 PM
    On my wife's iPhone her biggest complaint is that when she receives a new message from me it shows the full message(or a portion of it at least). Maybe a different way to show notification like just new bbm message received and not the actual message received.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 12:25 AM