Samsung issued $340,000 fine for fake comments against HTC. Who's to say that they aren't doing the samething to blackberry and haven't be caught yet? I wouldn't put anything past samsung because its not the first time they've done something like this as a marketing scheme.
    Source: Samsung Issued $340,000 Fine For Fake Online Comments Against HTC | Redmond Pie
    10-24-13 05:31 PM
    Think they would be doing this to a Apple and a bunch of other Android makers before they would even try it with BlackBerry
    But you can never be sure..

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 05:35 PM
    Think they would be doing this to a Apple and a bunch of other Android makers before they would even try it with BlackBerry
    But you can never be sure..

Posted via CB10
    I'm sure that they are doing it to everyone

CB10'n it.....via my Z
    10-24-13 05:37 PM
    It's crazy to think that they would drop to that level when they already have so much because of their Galaxy line.
    10-24-13 05:41 PM
    I am sure they are doing the same to BlackBerry.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30.
    10-24-13 05:54 PM
    Samsung can find that kind of money in the couch cushions of the executive lounge. So the fine is nothing. But, seeing those of us accused of wearing aluminum hats when we said they were doing it proven right, again: priceless.
    For those that have been around long enough to see this type of stuff it's nothing new.
    Some have no idea how many argumentative posts have been placed here by those that were absolutely sure this was never done or possible on a large scale. But, we all know there will still be those who wallow in making excuses or claim it's not true. Amazing.
    10-25-13 03:17 AM
    Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    10-25-13 03:24 AM
    At that price it was probably worth it for them to troll.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-25-13 05:07 AM
    ..slandering rivals by paying individuals to "highlight the shortcomings of competing products,"
    That would certainly fit in with some of the inexplicably persistent 'end of the world' rants I've seen since I've been around this joint.

Z10 via CB10
    10-25-13 05:51 AM
    Don't be so cocky lads. The positive reviews on Google Play about BBM have come under scrutiny as they appear many are planted.
    10-25-13 05:55 AM
    Samsung is probably not the only company that employs this kind of tactic.

Post via CB Z10
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    10-25-13 06:04 AM
    Don't be so cocky lads. The positive reviews on Google Play about BBM have come under scrutiny as they appear many are planted.
    That is really ****ty as well, but I think it is more irritating to hear about a company get people to slag another company off than it is for them to try and talk up their own products with fake reviews.

Another excuse to find Samsung repulsive lol.
    10-25-13 06:13 AM
    Samsung is probably not the only company that employs this kind of tactic.

Post via CB Z10
    Thank you so much blackberry team. I was waiting this app. Its really great user friendly and smooth.
    10-25-13 06:19 AM
    Thank you so much blackberry team. I was waiting this app. Its really great user friendly and smooth.
    My bet is that this is likely part of a 'false flag' campaign.....and......it's been quite effective in clouding an otherwise seemingly successful roll-out. If a company is able to counter the 'coolness' factor of BBM with mockery and ridicule, they may well have a chance to slow momentum and possibly stall growth. Certainly, this 'issue' has been the subject of numerous articles that have collectively tarnished some of the shine from the launch.

If, say, Whatsup, Kik or even Twitter were behind it, it would be money well spent. I'm sure they are all closely monitoring the BBM roll-out, and they all face some financial risk should BBM gain critical mass.

Now....back to making my tin-foil hats.
    10-25-13 07:53 AM
    You do realize those same fake posts also have a ton of one star reviews with the same quote right?
    10-25-13 09:17 AM
    I read about Samsung admitting to this a few months ago. In that article they quoted specific posts to HTC reviews that were almost verbatim what I've read in blackberry reviews. Probably not a coincidence.
    I agree with above post that a company trying to 'talk up' their products (if that's the case with BBM reviews on Google play) isn't in the same league as a company trashing a competitor. One doesn't do any harm while the other does.
    We know Samsung make some nice phones but WTF!
    This news probably won't make any headlines but someone with an iPhone somewhere who had a problem downloading BBM will make a headline reading 'blackberry FAIL'.
    Just goes to show you how fierce the mobile competition is today!

On another note.... how sweet is this 10.2? #10.2LovingIt

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 11:25 AM
    My bet is that this is likely part of a 'false flag' campaign.....and......it's been quite effective in clouding an otherwise seemingly successful roll-out. If a company is able to counter the 'coolness' factor of BBM with mockery and ridicule, they may well have a chance to slow momentum and possibly stall growth. Certainly, this 'issue' has been the subject of numerous articles that have collectively tarnished some of the shine from the launch.

If, say, Whatsup, Kik or even Twitter were behind it, it would be money well spent. I'm sure they are all closely monitoring the BBM roll-out, and they all face some financial risk should BBM gain critical mass.

Now....back to making my tin-foil hats.
    Simple as this - someone that is a Blackberry fan (or BlackBerry employee) is behind the 5 star spam ratings and someone that works for a competitor/is a BlackBerry hater is behind the 1 star troll ratings.

I would look at the BBM for Android and iOS reviews on this site/AndroidCentral/iMore and other trusted tech sites instead of what iFoneLuver34 and DroidPhan12 thinks about it.
    10-25-13 12:24 PM
    What are you implying, exactly?
    10-25-13 09:30 PM
    How can somebody leave more than one review per Google user account?

Z10 via CB10
    10-26-13 02:43 AM