I think this wait list should be dropped by at least the end of this week. I've been going through many posts both here and on android forums and the comments have been both good and bad. Sure it's all good that BBM already has 10mill and counting downloads but how many have actually been activated and logged into. There are tons of curious people out there who signed up and got curious because of the long wait that is this wait list. Some people have gotten through quicker than some and for some it exceeds 24hrs. As a result I have seen where many have simply uninstalled it and although some may eventually install it once they finally get the email many won't.

I don't have a problem with a wait list but it's ridiculous that some people are waiting more than 24hrs. Is the aim of blackberry to increase its user base or increase their download count. I fear people will get bored and move on because they are waiting on their other friends to get through and no dice.

So either drop the wait list or improve the speed at which people get through. I can easily see such a great movement backfiring for this simple reason. I love BBM but this wait list is making it hard for me to convince some persons to move back.

That's my 2cents so voice off, hopefully members of crackberry see this and probably highlight this issue in a blog post. Someone at blackberry should know this is a growing issue if they don't already know.
    10-24-13 12:48 PM
    according to their twitter yesterday they are at 500K activations / hour... so a queue is still warrant-able.
    10-24-13 12:57 PM
    That said there is still something going on with the activation emails... I know many persons that didn't receive an email until more than 24hrs after.

I hope people understand that I am not trying to bash Blackberry. I hated ever having to use whatsapp and I hate that some of my friends are still stuck on whatsappp. I want cross-platform BBM to be very successful.
    10-24-13 01:13 PM
    Last thing they can afford now after the botched launch 4 weeks ago is another hiccup. The numbers may still be too high to drop the waiting lists, IMO.
    10-24-13 01:17 PM
    No worries fella, they'll get to you as soon as possible I'm sure.
    They just have another 9,999,999 to do all at the same time.

There's no way to type that without sounding rude, I'm not being arrogant I sware, but as you can image, this mat take some time.

Welcome back to the world of BBM however
    W1zz likes this.
    10-24-13 01:22 PM
    As of noon, I passed the 24 hour waiting mark. Not that I care so much, but it certainly doesn't make me think, "Oooh, BBM is *so* popular and exclusive!" -- just makes me think BlackBerry figured out a new and unique way to complicate a product launch.
    10-24-13 03:13 PM
    And that is the exact concern I have... There are many users that may think that very way and just not bother. When I told my friends about it they move from excitement & intrigued to hmmm more blackberry stupidness when they heard about the wait list. They still installed it but wasn't happy when I told them they may have to wait a while. I had to quickly grab their phones and try the work arounds to get them up and running. You could see on their faces that they were already starting to lose interest.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using CB Forums mobile app
    10-24-13 03:21 PM
    With that many activations i doubt BlackBerry can drop the waiting list. They aren't trying to **** you off they are managing the network. Think about 10 million downloads and activations at once. This conversation would be titled BlackBerry can't do anything right network crashes.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 03:34 PM
    With that many activations i doubt BlackBerry can drop the waiting list. They aren't trying to **** you off they are managing the network. Think about 10 million downloads and activations at once. This conversation would be titled BlackBerry can't do anything right network crashes.

Posted via CB10
    Dropping the wait list was only me throwing an idea out there. You're speaking from a technical point of view and we are sure issues may arise with 10mill people attempting to activate at once. But from a user's standpoint they may be reluctant to wait but still continue with the wait list, get annoyed after waiting 24hrs to access and use the app. If the wait list is the best option then ensure the turnaround is quicker.
    10-24-13 04:03 PM
    Well if its any consolation, my friends on Android have managed successfully to download BBM........ Have faith my friends, your activation awaits
    10-24-13 04:41 PM
    Umm, maybe they'll drop the waitlist when there's fewer than 500K requests per hour on a sustained basis? Remember too, BB uses it's own network, unlike the others. They'll be dealing with a sustained higher load from here on out as well.
    10-25-13 08:50 AM
    I guess all we can hope for is that the wait time improves drastically better?!

10-25-13 09:21 AM
    Keep the line. At first I was annoyed ppl had to wait, but now I'm grateful for it. It is incredibly satisfying to see your friends and associates Bash BB & BBM on their social feeds, then give multiple pointless reasons why they don't need BBM, then later Blast their PIN on all their social feeds.

In all seriousness keep the lines. I almost feel like it makes them value it more. Then when they have that PIN its like "Yes, finally"
    10-25-13 09:28 AM
    You do have a point because I do see it happening quite a bit across my social networks as well.

10-25-13 09:49 AM
    Well well well... No more lines

10-26-13 08:09 PM