After hearing of the launch of 10.2 in Canada Yesterday, I got my update this morning! Before I start the downloading process I figured I'd ask the masses if they seen anything get removed or deleted due to the download!? In past OS updates I only noticed that my text convos got deleted, which isn't a big deal but I am currently no where near a computer and I just can not wait to be in front of one to download this MUCH anticipated OS update.. Help me out Crackberry World..!! I NEED Yall!!

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 10:55 AM
    I always backup. Just in case. Can you hold of until you get to a pc?
    BBM_BlackBerry Moe likes this.
    10-24-13 11:00 AM
    I never did until one day I wiped and loaded a new OS and found that several apps I had paid for were removed from BB world. (EA games does this constantly BTW). If you wipe your device and don't have a back-up, those 3rd party apps will not appear in your BB World if they were removed from either BBWorld or made unavailable for your country.

In this way - I lost Tetris for BB10 (no longer available in USA) and Need for Speed, (which was pulled then subsequently returned weeks later to BBWorld).
    10-24-13 11:09 AM
    Considering that I dislike how BlackBerry Link functions I never backup. All my contacts and calendar ar in the cloud so nothing is getting lost there, I'm not very keen into saving sms messages so no need for backup there either.
    But if I could selectively backup things I need using BlackBerry Link I'd definitely did.
    10-24-13 11:11 AM
    Backup using fire chest and sms backup, they are your friends where as link is that jealous cousin that doesn't like to play by the rules yet is still family..

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 11:14 AM
    I didn't backup

From zedten
    10-24-13 11:19 AM
    i am sorry if it is not relevant here, but i am freaked out -__-
    my oldie 9900 updated itself OTA to 7.1 bundle 2807 probably (rogers), in the course of updating, it backup the content itself, and after 2-3 hrs, the device was usable... to my surprise, the TEXT MESSAGES, are not completely restored for some mysterious reasons -_- only sent messages are there.. no incoming... i've tried searching, but nothing helped...
    I am not having a backup on my pc because the bdm didn't recognise the device, and the protect wasnt working either.....

somebody please help me recover my lost texts ......... I shall obviously be truly grateful...

thanking in anticipation
    11-04-13 12:09 PM
    I'm from the UK and away in Europe at the moment i got impatient and downloaded 10.2 ota no backup. Luckily all went well and I lost nothing.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 01:39 PM
    It's like insurance, just in case something happens. Better to have it than not to have it, just in case
    11-04-13 01:43 PM