Just curious if any AT&T folks are considering paying an early temination fee to leave At&T for the Verizon Storm? Even with the Bold coming out on the 4th, the Storm looks like a awesome phone and the bigger screen is very tempting.

Decisions, decisions.
    10-25-08 06:11 PM
    I currently have AT&T and using a beat up curve that is on its last leg, but have been holding out (for months now!) for the bold. but now i am definately thinking about hopping ship and switching to verizon. i honestly have great service and have not really had any problem with AT&T ever, but the hold off on releasing the bold, has me weighing my options now. if i had a choice of buying a bold a month or two ago, this wouldn't be an option, but since i have to wait until nov. 4th, i might as well wait another few days or weeks to check out the storm. it does look awesome!
    10-25-08 06:41 PM
    I haven't thought about jumping ships, but adding another ship to my fleet. I currently work an use AT&T (3 lines), have 3 Sprint lines, and although I dislike Verizon with a passion, I have been thinking about getting it. If it's within the $200-$250 range, it may not even be a question. I also heard about a GSM variant coming so that is what may be holding me from getting the Storm on Verizon.
    10-25-08 06:49 PM
    For me, it is a frustrating decision, for I have never used a Blackberry. I currently have the 2G Iphone and am quite comfortable with a touch screen phone. I simply hate the keyboard on the Iphone and the poor battery life. Screen quality is very important to me as I like to carry pictures and videos of my granddaughters. I did get a chance to have a brief hands-on with the Bold and was impressed. I have no problems with AT&T and am due for an upgrade. So.....money wise, getting the Bold is the smart decision and it has Wi-fi whereas the Storm does not. But I am afraid I will miss the bigger screen of the Iphone. My, oh my. What to do.
    Last edited by Txdogs; 10-25-08 at 07:11 PM.
    10-25-08 07:05 PM
    i am not due for an upgrade, so i will have to pay out of pocket for the bold, which probably will be like $499, that's my guess anyway, if it's $299 for a new contract. so if i go to verizon and pay my early termination fee of $200 and get the storm for $299 or under for a new contract, i'll be coming out even in that aspect. i agree though, decisions....decisions!!!
    10-25-08 07:11 PM
    Early termination with AT&T is $175 so there's a $25 savings for you! I think my decision would be easier of I was NOT due for an upgrade. I would simply go for the Storm.
    10-25-08 07:14 PM
    Staying with AT&T. I already have three phones on a family plan. I'm likely going to sell one of my iPhones and get a Bold instead. I'll keep one iPhone and I can't see getting a storm on another carrier. Not worth the money to switch.
    10-26-08 08:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD