I'm sure other news channels/companies are similar, but I'm really getting tired of the negativity I've been reading on the CBCNews app. They manage to find something negative to put into any potentially positive BlackBerry story.
    Like on Tuesday they had announced the roll out of BBM cross platform. Great news! But let's finish the story with a single sentence saying how BBRY shares dropped. I don't understand why they feel it was necessary to bring that up.
    Then yesterday and still today they are going on about the "fake" 5 star reviews in iTunes and Google play. Who cares? Do they really think BBM is they only app ever in existence to have fake ratings? Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with people doing that (if that really was the case) but I don't think it's "top story" news worthy, which it was yesterday.
    Rant pretty much over. Though I think I will soon be removing my CBCNews app.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 08:01 AM
    News outlets talk about iphones then about poor factory conditions in Foxconn.

Why people get such a complex over their thoughts it's just BlackBerry? The press is like that with alot of stuff, ya gotta take the rough with the smooth in life.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 08:32 AM
    Well, You won't be able the replace CBC with the Globe and Mail, that's for sure! Best bet will be an American news app, as BB doesn't really exist as anything important in the U.S anymore.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 09:18 AM
    CBC ends most of their business and technology related articles by stating that company's financial position. Openly traded companies will have their share price listed as a measure.

Posted with my BlackBerry Z10!
    10-24-13 09:23 AM
    I don't believe that BlackBerry has any unionized workers, which could be a factor in CBC's perception of the company.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 10:25 AM
    no offence man. The CBC isn't my favourite news source. But it's common practice to talk about something then give a back story about it afterwards. Kind of like if you were talking about a Sports team winning a game last night you'd be like "they won 3-1 the team feels good amidst a seasons that hasn't been going so well."
    10-24-13 03:22 PM
    Let's put it this way.

Imagine if Apple were to somehow collapse into a very low single digit market share.

Imagine its stock price had dropped from its current astounding high to a few bucks.

Imagine it was now being shopped around for sale, and that there was only one lowball and highly conditional offer, and that the time for that offer to become non-conditional was about to run out in 2 weeks, with no other buyer in sight. Not even for parts.

Imagine that if, in the middle of all that, Apple released iMessage as a cross-platform app.

Would you would blame the media for not oohing and aahing over the iMessage release?
    westcoastit and notfanboy like this.
    10-24-13 03:39 PM
    Because they have ***** business commentators, like that marshmallow peep Amanda Lang and that astonishing blowhard failure Kevin O'Leary.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 04:27 PM