Anyone wished there was a way to see your BBM contacts if theyre using iOS, Android or BB? Maybe an outline color on the contact person? Or is it just me?

Posted via CB10
    LeeU1911 likes this.
    10-23-13 10:38 AM
    I think you can tell by whether their PIN starts 7. Also, whether or not the BBM Voice/Video symbol shows up at the top of the conversation (although that can be disabled by admins in BBs, and isn't available in very old BBs).
    10-23-13 10:56 AM
    Anyone wished there was a way to see your BBM contacts if theyre using iOS, Android or BB? Maybe an outline color on the contact person? Or is it just me?

Posted via CB10
    If their PIN starts with 7, it's either iOS or Android. BB pins start with 2.
    10-23-13 10:57 AM
    Why does it matter? Even if it does matter, just ask your BBM contact what phone he/she uses.
    10-23-13 10:59 AM
    Yeah wont it look better if its color coded in the contacts list? I mean.. you would check every pin if its starts 7? Thats not good.. color coding is good even just an outline.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 11:20 AM
    I guess the idea here is that it works seamlessly regardless of platform. To that end, differentiating between platforms kinda defeats the purpose.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 11:22 AM
    I guess the idea here is that it works seamlessly regardless of platform. To that end, differentiating between platforms kinda defeats the purpose.

Posted via CB10
    Not really its done from a technical point have to think of them as network domains.They have to be seperated it works much better for networking especially with app updates which are many to come.It had to be done that way at least we know who's BB and who's not.
    10-23-13 11:30 AM
    Yes i wanna know whos on android whos on BB and whos on ios. Imagine talking in BBM about a certain topic which only BB has but ur not sure because u dnt know if he's using BB android or ios

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 11:32 AM
    Not really its done from a technical point have to think of them as network domains.They have to be seperated it works much better for networking especially with app updates which are many to come.It had to be done that way at least we know who's BB and who's not.
    No no... I meant, explicitly differentiating in the user interface by means of an icon or color defeats the purpose of a unified messaging platform. I understand why they DO have to differentiate behind the scenes.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 11:46 AM
    Yes i wanna know whos on android whos on BB and whos on ios. Imagine talking in BBM about a certain topic which only BB has but ur not sure because u dnt know if he's using BB android or ios

Posted via CB10
    Eventually every platform should reach feature parity (except maybe screen share) so this won't be that much of an issue... but I understand your point.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 11:47 AM

Posted via CB10
    So look at their pin once and organize them into groups.. BB users in one group, Android in another and yet another for ios.. done.
    10-23-13 02:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    I still don't get it. Are you talking to strangers or people that you know?

If I'm talking about something related to phones, I usually say which phone/OS I'm referencing. Most people who know me know that I have multiple phones and that they can't assume which phone I'm referring to in a reference to phones. Are you talking to people who don't know that you have a BlackBerry device?
    10-23-13 06:29 PM