Okay, for those who have spent some time with the Q10 and now the Z30 day of heavy emails (approx 150), calendar entries, texting, BBM and phone calls (not interested in gaming) who comes out the winner in regards to battery life?

Currently Z10 lasts about 12-14 hours on my days at work and 16-20 during the day on weekends depending if I'm 4G or not.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 06:07 AM
    I'm interested in following this thread as well, especially the "typing of emails" part in a heavy user's day.... how do the both models compare?

from an australian Z10...
    10-23-13 06:09 AM
    Wow my Z10 was brutal on the battery. I'm a very heavy user and the Z10 was dead down to 15% by noon after taking it off the charger at 7am. My Z30 lasts until bed time. Usually down to 15% by the time I plug it in.

Posted Via my Z-30
    Blue Hef likes this.
    10-23-13 08:48 AM
    Z30 is a lot better than Z10 for sure. I got 2 work emails and 3 personal..bbm, calls..texts, never run out of juice with Z30.
    Z10 keeps me paranoid with battery , but it was on 10.1.

Jakarta, Indonesia
    10-23-13 08:53 AM
    I'm wondering how the Z30 compares to the Q10 from a productivity/efficiency standpoint. Currently, I have the Q10 and love it. I bought the Z10 when it came out and used it for three months, until the Q10 was released. Although the Q10 is great, it was close between the Z10 and the Q10 due to screen size. I'm wondering if the 5" screen on the Z30 might help eclipse my beloved Q10.
    strongo likes this.
    10-23-13 09:35 AM
    I have both and from my experience they are very close in battery performance. The Q10 may have a slight edge but not much. If you like the bigger screen than its a no brainer to me, z30 is your phone. Massive battery difference when compared to the z10, there is no comparison, z30 blows it away.
    10-23-13 05:07 PM
    I definitley fall into this poweruser classification, and I was a Q10 owner for several months, and I've since traded up to a Z30. I've been using the Z30 for 3 days now. I am so happy that I made the switch. The virtual keyboard is really terrific, and any fear I had that my productivity would suffer without the physical keys is totally out the window. I type super fast and accurate on the z30, and I am confident that in a day you'd be able to make the same transition. I don't feel that there are any drawbacks to switching to the z30, and the extra screen real estate is a huge benefit.
    10-23-13 05:29 PM
    I definitley fall into this poweruser classification, and I was a Q10 owner for several months, and I've since traded up to a Z30. I've been using the Z30 for 3 days now. I am so happy that I made the switch. The virtual keyboard is really terrific, and any fear I had that my productivity would suffer without the physical keys is totally out the window. I type super fast and accurate on the z30, and I am confident that in a day you'd be able to make the same transition. I don't feel that there are any drawbacks to switching to the z30, and the extra screen real estate is a huge benefit.
    Answers my question. Thx.

JJStripes likes this.
    10-23-13 05:32 PM
    Thanks for the information!

Considering they have near equal battery life I will wait to view Z30 before making decision on which way to go from my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 07:18 PM
    Anymore people out there recently made the swap and compare battery life and productivity between the two?

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 04:15 AM
    Not a Q10 user here sadly but I did get a Z30 and have been using it fairly well for since last week Wednesday.

From a battery life standpoint, the Z30 may edge out slightly only if you spend a good amount of time in low coverage areas on your network of choice as the Paratek antenna does help with battery life when it comes to retaining signal in these places.

From a productivity standpoint, well then it starts to become preference. For example, some people I know need that physical keyboard because they are touch typers and need the ability to feel their way over the keys as they tend to be messaging while moving between meetings and such. Some need the absolute speed provided by having an incredibly powerful and intelligent auto-correct system behind the scenes while simply typing as fast as they possibly can. And trust me, it is accurate and helpful.

From a compatability standpoint, my thought is this: the Z30 has features for furthering capability that the Q10 sadly will never see, such as miracast and USB-on-the-go. Will these come in handy to make someone more productive? Oh probably, especially if you do presentations or want to try to cut out the need for a computer all the more. Are they 100% necessary? By no means. The Z30 is also more compatible with more networks right out of the box (the North American STA-5 version sold by Telus and probably Rogers, supposedly also Bell). The Q10 on some carriers you needed to make sure you were purchasing the correct model to get support for LTE where you wanted it... on the same carrier.

I went Z30 for the extra screen real estate. It really comes in handy, and I don't think I could have worked with the smaller square dimensions of the Q10 screen. It wouldn't have suited my personal needs and desires.

Posted by my Z30 via CB10
    10-28-13 07:44 AM
    good read, thx...

10-28-13 07:48 AM
    So the battery life seems bloody awesome on the Z30 so far from the reviews and posts in the forums.

Might even edge out the Q10 it seems.?!?

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 04:20 PM
    I used the Q10 since it came out, I am always on the move with work, using the phone non stop for emails, calls and browsing the web.

I got the Z30 last week and it'd amazing.

1. I can actually type much faster on the Z30 over the Q10.
    2. Battery life is far better than the Z10 if not even slightly better than the Q10.
    3. The screen is epic, in fact blackberry 10 is very different on a larger display and all the features/active frames make much more sense. It actually does feel like mobile computing.
    4. The Z30 is super fast and smooth, after the first 24 hours of setup as the phone needs time to sync.
    5. Its got a nice weight to it, I actually hate phones that are super light.
    6. Build quality is superb, better than the Z10.
    7. The hub is truly amazing on the large screen, all accounts show on the left without having to scroll down as the Q10 screen was so small.
    8. Although I have a bumper case, I've dropped the phone twice and not a scratch.

In my opinion this is the best blackberry 10 device and mixed with 10.2 it rocks.

I think blackberry needs another 6 months and the true colours of bb10 will start shining.

This phone will stay with me, the only time I'll change is when blackberry bring out an even better device.

Go for it, you won't regret it.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 05:27 PM
    Ditto the above.
    This Z30 is quite amazing I have to say.
    Fast, beautiful screen, powerful. Battery is way better on this compared to my Q

Posted on my Z30 from CB10 running 1791.
    11-01-13 05:54 PM
    finally saw a working one here at the stores in australia.... nice.... but somehow, the Q10 sitting next to was incredibly tempting as well, the Q10 is a really attractive phone I think....

11-01-13 06:06 PM
    finally saw a working one here at the stores in australia.... nice.... but somehow, the Q10 sitting next to was incredibly tempting as well, the Q10 is a really attractive phone I think....

Probably the only thing that the Q10 really has over the Z30 would be the removable battery. It means if you are going to be away from a power source for an extended period of time, you can more easily take more power with you in the form of spare batteries. The full physical keyboard can be helpful for pounding out messages while on the go, but I personally preferred the flexibility of the full touch keyboard. Being able to go between landscape and portrait on the typing experience can be pretty handy, and on this big a screen it really is quite useful.

Personal thoughts is all. The Q10 is a beautiful phone I fully agree.

11-01-13 10:00 PM
    Probably the only thing that the Q10 really has over the Z30 would be the removable battery. It means if you are going to be away from a power source for an extended period of time, you can more easily take more power with you in the form of spare batteries. The full physical keyboard can be helpful for pounding out messages while on the go, but I personally preferred the flexibility of the full touch keyboard. Being able to go between landscape and portrait on the typing experience can be pretty handy, and on this big a screen it really is quite useful.

Imagine if they ever come out with a slider.... then we'll really have a hard time choosing....

11-01-13 10:10 PM
    How is the z30 cam compared to the Q?

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 10:14 PM

I echo this battery wise. I have the Z, and agree that its battery is not the best, by a long way. However, I carry 4 spares. It's a tad overkill, but they were all cheap online, and I can hammer the life outta my Z, and effectively have 48hrs mega heavy usage with fear of ever running dry.

I think the battery life on the Q10/Z30 is undoubtedly far superior, but if you want the screen size and the battery swap option, the Z it is for me.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 10:22 PM
    I can't wait to try a Z30 when it finally arrives in the USA... in the meantime, I purchased a 4500 Mah Battery from Amazon for $20 for my Z10 and I must say I am quite impressed. true at first feels too heavy, but only after a day or use, I can't get myself to swap the original battery back... this baby runs Way past my heavy use per day!

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 10:57 PM
    I can't decide. I use both everyday and I love them equally although I use the Z30 a bit more because BBM channels and a couple other apps gives a better experience with the larger screen.

Even though the Z30's battery lasts longer I can still swap batteries with my Q10. I can also type without looking at my keyboard or phone at all with the Q10 although I do love the Z30's keyboard.

I love both, and I really can't see myself without a keyboard so for now I'm happy using both. They both have their strong points individually and together with BB10.

Either way prepare to sacrifice something. Both are fantastic well built energy efficient secure communication tools.

Photos captured using BlackBerry devices - C00016D81
    01-18-14 11:01 AM
    Wow, only took a month to get a response...
    Im actually on the fence now. Tried the z10, now using the z30. But missing my keyboard. The q10 is a sexy device... I dont really think I need the big screen, but am also wondering if I will be missing it if I switch indefinitely

Posted with my Z30
    01-18-14 11:05 AM
    Wow, only took a month to get a response...
    Im actually on the fence now. Tried the z10, now using the z30. But missing my keyboard. The q10 is a sexy device... I dont really think I need the big screen, but am also wondering if I will be missing it if I switch indefinitely

Posted with my Z30
    You won't miss it. I actually started leaning toward my Q10 more. We'll that's me anyways, I can't be without my keyboard.
    Q10 vs Z30 Power User-img_20140329_173537.jpg

Photos captured using BlackBerry devices - C00016D81
    04-06-14 07:13 PM
    Z30 lasts me a day, q10 can last me 2.
    04-06-14 08:26 PM
33 12