1. When I leave the phone for several hours, BBM will show that it has 30+ new notifications, but when I open the app, I found only 1-2 new chats. What's wrong ?
    10-22-13 09:15 PM
    When you get a new contact, and they update their status and update their picture and they are a new invite, and they send you a message, they are all notifications. Select the three bars on the left, then select updates, this should make them go away. See if that helps.
    Bkaiser87 likes this.
    10-22-13 09:34 PM
    On my iPhone it appears to show a notification number for each message received. I could be in one chat but if 4 messages are sent within the one chat, the notification shows 4. I am not being notified of status updates so not sure if others are experiencing that as a possible issue.
    10-22-13 11:07 PM
    I've noticed a huge battery drain in my iPhone 5 running 7.0.3. after installing and setting up BBM. Has anyone else had this issue?
    10-22-13 11:12 PM
    I've noticed a huge battery drain in my iPhone 5 running 7.0.3. after installing and setting up BBM. Has anyone else had this issue?
    In looking at crash logs from 7.0.3, I see a high number of threads (8-10 over the normal ones you expect), most of them polling. I would love to talk to the developers about what's going on there.
    10-22-13 11:17 PM
    Well I have a weird issue with BBM for iOS on my iPod touch 5...

When I load it stays at this screen...
    Issues of BBM for iOs ! Lets talk about it here-imageuploadedbycb-forums1382505334.172526.jpg
    10-23-13 12:15 AM
    Not a very compelling app. Does not support landscape mode. Somehow, the keyboard is always in the way. It doesn't make very good use of screen real estate. I also have noticed a significant battery drain.

I'd say it's useful to chat with someone who only use BBM. But I would never use this is my main messaging app.
    10-23-13 12:29 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByCB Forums1382505334.172526.jpg 
Views:	1985 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	213096
    Maybe because it's not originally meant for non-cellular devices? (Not sure if it does, but maybe it looks for a cellular signal when it first tries to activate) In the app store, it lists only cellular devices (iphones and ipads with cellular capabilities) for download (I wasn't able to download it onto my wi-fi only iPad mini).
    Some people have indicated they have found workarounds to download it onto their wi-fi only iOS devices, but not sure if they actually have them working on them or not.
    10-23-13 12:36 PM
    My issue is whenever I add someone, someone who is on an iPhone, BBM will say that I added them successfully but they don't show up in my contact list. Also, I left a group a couple of nights yet I still get notifications from them.

This is kind of crazy.
    Quidity likes this.
    10-23-13 08:04 PM
    I have a friend who downloaded the newest ios BBM update but neither I or her are able to view each others display pictures. Everything else seems to be working
    10-23-13 10:51 PM
    My issue is whenever I add someone, someone who is on an iPhone, BBM will say that I added them successfully but they don't show up in my contact list. Also, I left a group a couple of nights yet I still get notifications from them.

This is kind of crazy.
    I have that same problem about leaving groups. I got tired of my phone going off every other second. So I left the group yet I still get a notification from that group.
    Quidity likes this.
    10-24-13 02:14 AM
    Mine crashes on selecting contacts
    10-24-13 02:26 AM
    Mine crashes on selecting contacts
    Same here.

Here is another bug that I found:

I just installed BBM on iphone and create new BBID just to makesure BBM is working on iPhone and test it with my friends BB. It works, and I got the PIN (call it my first PIN). Then I reinstall the bbm apps on iPhone and use my primary BBID, switch device, and got another new PIN (i call it second PIN). No problems so far and all my contacts was moved to my iPhone.

But when my friend try to send message to my first PIN, my iPhone got the notification as if my iPhone use my first PIN. But when i open BBM, there is NO message from my friend who try to messeage me to my first PIN. I hope blackberry fix it soon.
    3hb78ftg likes this.
    10-24-13 03:09 AM
    On my iPhone it appears to show a notification number for each message received. I could be in one chat but if 4 messages are sent within the one chat, the notification shows 4. I am not being notified of status updates so not sure if others are experiencing that as a possible issue.
    I think this is how iOs notifications works. Whatsapp on iOs is just the same like that. 4 new messages within one chat is being shown as 4.

I'm on ios 6, and I noticed HUGE battery drain too Usually my iPhone lasts till 10-11pm, now, with BBM, 17.00 tops. And that is with minor to normal bbm usage.

Not a very compelling app. Does not support landscape mode. Somehow, the keyboard is always in the way. It doesn't make very good use of screen real estate. I also have noticed a significant battery drain.

I'd say it's useful to chat with someone who only use BBM. But I would never use this is my main messaging app.
    The keyboard is the same size like in other app. Problem is the fonts of bbm are too big, and they waste too many real estate for chat box spacing, our and chat-friends names, etc.

This is kind of crazy.
    This does not happen to me.

BTW, aren't there even anyone out here who has the same problem like me? when you left the phone for several hours, and you get back to your phone, it will show a lot of notification, 30+, but eventually there are not that many new chats.
    10-24-13 05:52 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByCB Forums1382505334.172526.jpg 
Views:	1985 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	213096
    I am facing the same problem. A white screen appears showing the bbm sign and I can't do anything about it. Someone please help
    10-24-13 07:09 AM
    I am facing the same problem. A white screen appears showing the bbm sign and I can't do anything about it. Someone please help
    It is because bbm is not designed for iPod.
    10-24-13 07:46 AM
    I have 34 contacts. I'm getting messages from "ghost contacts" from people I've never heard of... Like so Issues of BBM for iOs ! Lets talk about it here-imageuploadedbycb-forums1382620514.747826.jpg I check my bbm & I don't have any...
    DetectiveBerry likes this.
    10-24-13 08:15 AM
    I wish there was a way to increase the font size

Posted via CB10
    Thesmartmale and ravipiero like this.
    10-24-13 09:13 AM
    I have 34 contacts. I'm getting messages from "ghost contacts" from people I've never heard of... Like so Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByCB Forums1382620514.747826.jpg 
Views:	1330 
Size:	12.7 KB 
ID:	213698 I check my bbm & I don't have any...
    Anybody else ??
    10-24-13 10:22 AM
    I think this is how iOs notifications works. Whatsapp on iOs is just the same like that. 4 new messages within one chat is being shown as 4.

I'm on ios 6, and I noticed HUGE battery drain too Usually my iPhone lasts till 10-11pm, now, with BBM, 17.00 tops. And that is with minor to normal bbm usage.

The keyboard is the same size like in other app. Problem is the fonts of bbm are too big, and they waste too many real estate for chat box spacing, our and chat-friends names, etc.

This does not happen to me.

BTW, aren't there even anyone out here who has the same problem like me? when you left the phone for several hours, and you get back to your phone, it will show a lot of notification, 30+, but eventually there are not that many new chats.
    Since the BBM update on iOS today, my battery drain has diminished quite a bit. Been unplugged since 8am and still at 92% with my normal usage. Seems like they are listening to the issues and getting them fixed slowly.
    10-24-13 12:59 PM
    fixed slowly? the app has been out for two days and they are 'already' fixing things!

Posted via CB10
    Thesmartmale and Danny Ocean like this.
    10-24-13 05:14 PM
    I wish there was a way to change the notification sound I'd like to install my old bbm alert sound 😁
    10-24-13 05:30 PM
    I joined a group (the iMore BBM group), then left, and I still get notifications from it.

Decided to delete my BBM app and re-install it. Hoping that fixes it. (Suspect it will.)
    10-24-13 06:09 PM
    And after the first update, the app always crashes when I open 'contacts'. If that is so, then how can I grt in contact with someone in my bbm list ?
    10-24-13 08:12 PM
    Anybody else ??
    Me too
    10-24-13 08:42 PM
115 123 ...