so i have a group with iPhone users, android users and Blackberry users on BBM. for some reason two of them are showing incorrect timestaps (1 hour later than ours) so that whenever we respond to their messages in the group chat, BBM moves my reply above theirs into chronological (yet, in correct) order.

more specifically:

we're all in the same time zone.

I write a message at 6:07 and say 'hi'
    my friend writes a message at 6:07 and says 'hey what's up' but for some reason it shows up at 7:07
    at 6:08 i reply and say 'just on the way home, you?' but since it is 6:08 it appears after my 'hi' message and before his "hey whats up message'
    like so:

Me: 6:07 Hi
    Me: 6:08: just on the way home, you?
    Friend: 7:07 hey whats up

is this a bug? what's going on?
    Last edited by Rayysai; 10-22-13 at 05:36 PM.
    rai187 likes this.
    10-22-13 05:16 PM
    This is happening to one of my BBM groups too, but only with one person and her time is like 12 hours ahead. We're in the same city, and she's one of the three out of five that actually have BBM on a Blackberry device (OS7). Two of us have Z10s, and one has an iPhone and the other as an Android. So I don't know what's tripping it up.
    10-23-13 09:18 AM
    yea my friend that has this issue has a Z10 as well. i think it's a BBM Groups bug
    10-23-13 10:23 AM
    My issue is this: my one on one chat works fine but I don't see nothing from my bbm groups. I send a message and get nothing. Messages do come through randomly in 5-30 min increments. My friend in one group says she doesn't see any of my messages in the group and the group is very very active. All dead on my end. Was perfect two days ago and before.

I have a Z10 and all others in my groups vary between Android, iPhone and BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 07:36 PM
    This has been an issue since bbm groups first came out. Primitive blackberry won't fix it anytime soon.
    11-02-13 10:30 PM
    I have the same issue. Have a group with multiple androids, iphones and blackberries. One friend LG android I believe manages to push all his messages to current time every time he messages in the group. His messages will stay in correct order if he replies in a couple of hours. Group conversations are brutal cause its not in chronological order.
    05-17-14 10:01 PM
    I think the issue is that the group chat goes off local time on your device. If the time in your phone is wrong, then it will screw the ordering up. Pretty dumb, it should be based on server time.
    05-18-14 08:01 PM
    I've thought the same thing but all the phones are using carrier time. I'll try taking my friends LG and play with the time settings

Posted via CB10
    05-27-14 09:09 AM