Its probably been covered a million times...sorry about a new post on the topic. I installed my first leak this sunday and got done at 9:00pm. Its all working well and it was easy. The issue is this: the battery has been draining super quick, the cpu usage of the system runs 60-85% rountinely. I read the leaks take a while to "settle in". How long does it usually take? Is there anything I can do to speed it up? Thanks.
    10-22-13 11:40 AM
    An install should only take a day or two to settle in. This time frame allows for your accounts to sync with your phone in addition to any apps that need to be reinstalled or updated.

Your system percentage seems very high...even more so since you installed the OS on Sunday. After being settled in for a number of weeks, I usually don't see my CPU usage for the system (also running 10.2.0.1767) higher than 20%.

If you have not performed a security wipe or a hard reboot yet, then I would suggest you try. If you did those already, then I would suggest performing another hard reboot.

If none of that works, then you will most likely have to reinstall the OS.

Leaked from my Z10's CB10 app, running off of 10.2.x.xxxx
    wss1ow likes this.
    10-22-13 11:50 AM
    I will point out that my System will pull up to 60% or so when it syncs all of my accounts around the same time (set for the top of the hour), but normally it only reaches 20% at the most.

It's possible that you're phone is still syncing your accounts, but I wouldn't expect the settling in process to last after 9 PM tonight then.

10-22-13 12:04 PM
    If I wipe mt phone using security wipe would I loose the updates I have on it that is loose the OS 10.2. I really want to downgrade

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 12:10 PM
    If you do a security wipe, you will lose everything on your phone. After the security wipe, you will have to restore your data using BlackBerry Link.

This is why you should do a backup before installing a leak (or any OS for that matter), because you never know what may happen. If you didn't do a backup beforehand, then you can do one now before you perform a security wipe. However, I'm not sure if that will fix the problem.

The other option is to downgrade back to your previous OS, backup from there, then reload 10.2 with the security wipe followed by your restore. It's an extra step to the process, but loading an OS doesn't take too much time. The longest part is waiting for the security wipe to finish.

wss1ow likes this.
    10-22-13 12:36 PM
    After I installed.10.2.0.1792 I had a very heavy battery load for 6 days. No matter what I did, I would get system using about 30% cpu every 5 seconds or so. Now, everything seems to have settled down and I can go almost 2 full days with light to moderate usage, easily all day with heavy usage.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 02:35 PM
    I have between 30 and 50%CPU, but it isn't the BlackBerry system pulling the usage, its the Android System. If you look at the 2 System icons in the app manager, 1 icon is the same icon from the Blackberry Settings app icon- this one is not the CPU hog. The other System icon is for the Android Runtime. Anyone know how to stop this? The "stop" is grayed out. An app killer perhaps?
    10-22-13 03:11 PM
    Just thought of this after my post- Rather than wiping or re-loading the OS, what about sideloading the android runtime player? They have them in the leak forums or use the instructions to separate the runtime from the leak loader file, then side load. I am going to try this tonight once I get home and have a USB cable... Phones currently dead and everyone at the office has iPhones.
    10-22-13 03:14 PM
    OK, so just to update. I went home and did a security wipe (although I had done one before). Now it's all settled in and running like a charm. No heat. No drain. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    wss1ow and dieselman89 like this.
    10-23-13 07:12 AM