I'm sorry if this is a repeat question, I'm new to this forum and don't know how to look through old posts, now that so many of my friends have bbm again I will be using it over whatsapp, only issue is, I don't like the black theme it's very stressful to my eyes
    Any way to change it?
    10-22-13 09:09 AM
    I think on later OS versions it is a option you can switch off and go with white. You would have to load a leaked OS to do this though
    10-22-13 09:26 AM
    OP, If you want to get the light theme, but your OS version doesn't allow the option and you aren't comfortable with loading a leak as Matt suggested, there's an option.
    You could sign up in the BB Beta Zone, download the Beta Zone app, then install BB Channels. BB Channels uses the light theme only. There are also a lot of interesting and fun channels to which you can subscribe.
    Anubhav Nagpal and Ben1232 like this.
    10-22-13 10:50 AM
    +1 --- do what he said. Install BBM from the BlackBerry Beta Zone app. Problem solved for you. Unfortunately for me I wish mine was black

Posted from my Q10!
    10-22-13 12:26 PM
    Ok pls don't kill me
    What is a BETA zone???

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 02:39 PM
    BlackBerry Beta zone (https://beta.webapps.blackberry.com/...ct=index&item=) is an official BlackBerry program that gives advanced access to certain apps to users who are willing to test and comment about them. Technically, we are not to discuss them openly... The products are essentially stable, but may still have a few quirks that need to be found and ironed out before their official release. Beta Zone members receive requests to complete surveys (5-15 min) to give impressions. There's also a Beta Zone forum where we can express opinions, make feature requests, etc. Some of the feature requests have made their way into OS releases, so that in itself make the experience worthwhile to me.
    10-22-13 03:27 PM
    I think on later OS versions it is a option you can switch off and go with white. You would have to load a leaked OS to do this though
    Am I missing something? I'm on official 10.2 and my BBM theme IS white. I can't find any way to change it(not that I would).

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 05:21 PM
    Am I missing something? I'm on official 10.2 and my BBM theme IS white. I can't find any way to change it(not that I would).

Posted via CB10
    My light / dark option for 10.2.0.1725 is in settings from BBM (swipe down) and the same with the calendar.

Close then open the app again for it to take effect.

Posted via my CB Q10
    dollface likes this.
    10-22-13 06:00 PM
    Finally did the BlackBerry zeta download
    and LOVE my new bbm is now white!
    Any other things to do with the BlackBerry zeta it's empty and telling me nothing to download

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 03:39 PM
    For the moment, the Channels program is the only one available.
    10-26-13 05:27 PM