Official Instagram Windows Phone app arriving in the 'coming weeks' | The Verge

"Windows Phone is finally getting an official Instagram client. After months of pressure from Nokia, Instagram CEO Kevin Systrom confirmed today that an official client will be made available to Windows Phone users shortly. "Our ultimate goal is to bring Instagram to everyone who wants to use it," says Systrom. "We're looking forward to watching the Windows Phone community use Instagram to capture and share beautiful moments in the coming weeks." The app closes a big hole in the Windows Phone ecosystem, allowing owners to use an officially supported Instagram client."

I am hoping it the same for BB10, maybe Oct.24th?
    10-22-13 02:38 AM
    Vine as well.
    10-22-13 02:40 AM
    This is good news right since it will come to BlackBerry first then WP8??

Fired from my Z10
    10-22-13 02:42 AM
    I like Igrann idea sonfar, and if I had to choose between the two, I'll choose igrann

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 02:43 AM
    This is good news right since it will come to BlackBerry first then WP8??

Fired from my Z10
    Yh don't think so. It's instagram we're talking about here, igrann might finish first

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 02:45 AM
    Vine as well.
    They didn't say anything about vine

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 02:47 AM
    Oops sorry that was Google Glass I was thinking about.

http://crackberry.com/instagram-comi...y-google-glass

Fired from my Z10
    10-22-13 02:48 AM
    I like Igrann idea sonfar, and if I had to choose between the two, I'll choose igrann

Posted via CB10
    It's not about which is better. When people hear that Instagram is not on BB unlike every other platform, then it's not good news for BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 02:50 AM
    They didn't say anything about vine

Posted via CB10
    Vine was mentioned 5 seconds before the instagram
    rnhld likes this.
    10-22-13 02:51 AM
    Damn a big slap in the face for BB.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    10-22-13 04:03 AM
    This is Blackberry's death nail.

Play Starcraft? Join our Channel: C001242DE
    10-22-13 04:12 AM
    This is Blackberry's death nail.

Play Starcraft? Join our Channel: C001242DE
    Don't be so dramatic.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 05:51 AM
    Don't be so dramatic.

Posted via CB10
    He's not being dramatic. I personally have seen tens of people who don't want to own BB10 because of lack of Instagram. How do you think a Q5 will seem next to a 500-something Lumia with higher price and lack of basic apps? And no, Instagram is not any other app, with 100M users it IS a basic app. For its target group of course.

This just means that companies are more into WP for 3rd platform. Funny thing is a sideloaded version works great on BB10 but somehow, probably because of the cash offered by M$, companies write an app from scratch for WP8..
    10-22-13 05:57 AM
    Instagram doesn't fit well within the prosumer that BB defines and now will focus on, so wouldn't think that it is coming any time soon.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 06:47 AM
    Yes prosumers are never interested in such time wasting silliness
    h20work likes this.
    10-22-13 06:50 AM
    He's not being dramatic. I personally have seen tens of people who don't want to own BB10 because of lack of Instagram. How do you think a Q5 will seem next to a 500-something Lumia with higher price and lack of basic apps? And no, Instagram is not any other app, with 100M users it IS a basic app. For its target group of course.

This just means that companies are more into WP for 3rd platform. Funny thing is a sideloaded version works great on BB10 but somehow, probably because of the cash offered by M$, companies write an app from scratch for WP8..
    I never said it doesn't hurt BlackBerry, it's just far from being the thing that kills it. This news is that going to suddenly cause the downfall of the company. It's not a death nail. You're being overly dramatic.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-22-13 06:58 AM
    Sideload...........Sideload Instagram. I've read it works okay.
    10-22-13 07:24 AM
    I've also sideloaded Android version and it works perfectly on my Z30 but that's not the point. Still it requires serious computer knowledge to do that. You can't expect 12-20 year old boys n girls to find out about CrackBerry, install Chrome extension, download working bar files, sideload unlocked Android runtime (but of course find it first), sideload the bar file, and overcome keyboard problems while commenting......

Of course, this can be done assuming you know English pretty well. And have the desire to learn all about computing. Oh, did I say this is after you paying premium price when there's competition with better specs and available apps?

No one is saying that BB10 is bad, or the devices are bad. My Z30 is an amazing device but no way it can be sold to masses with lack of apps in this price range. I am happy with it but masses won't you don't need to be a guru to see that.
    Last edited by airbatross; 10-22-13 at 08:27 AM.
    10-22-13 08:07 AM
    Sideload EVERYTHING!!!

Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10
    10-22-13 08:10 AM
    It's not about which is better. When people hear that Instagram is not on BB unlike every other platform, then it's not good news for BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    What people are you talking about. My friends don't care about instagram. Quit generalizing.
    I have IG on my Apple products but I certainly didn't buy Apple products because of IG. I don't even use it.

I love BlackBerry as my primary and business phone because of its productivity. My Z30 is a thing of beauty.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 08:14 AM
    death knell?
    Nine54 likes this.
    10-22-13 08:26 AM
    I've also sideloaded Android version and it works perfectly on my Z30 but that's not the point. Still it requires serious computer knowledge to do that. You can't expect 12-20 year old boys n girls to find out about CrackBerry, install Chrome extension, download working bar files, sideload unlocked Android runtime (but of course find it first), sideload the bar file, and overcome keyboard problems while commenting......

Of course, this can be done assuming you know English pretty well. And have the desire to learn all about computing. Oh, did I say this is after you paying premium price when there's competition with better specs and available apps?

No one is saying that BB10 is bad, or the devices are bad. My Z30 is an amazing device but no way it can be sold to masses with lack of apps in this price range. I am happy with it but masses won't you don't need to be a guru to see that.
    I hear ya my friend. But unfortunately "12-20 year old boys n girls" wont be purchasing Blackberry devices anytime soon. It's just a sad reality. If one of them does purchase one, I'm sure they'll learn how to Sideload Apps.
    10-22-13 08:54 AM
    I hear ya my friend. But unfortunately "12-20 year old boys n girls" wont be purchasing Blackberry devices anytime soon. It's just a sad reality. If one of them does purchase one, I'm sure they'll learn how to Sideload Apps.
    I'm a 16 year old, but then again I'm a computer geek, so not the regular. Learned how to sideload apps before I even got the phone and love doing it.
    Don't care for Instagram (though I have it sideloaded so my mom can access it), but would welcome it with open arms

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 09:18 AM

Posted via CB10
    Ok, so when IGrann is out, if I tell people BlackBerry has instagram, will I be lying?

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 09:28 AM
    Ok, so when IGrann is out, if I tell people BlackBerry has instagram, will I be lying?

Posted via CB10
    What do YOU think?

If I bought my wife a Prada bag from one of those sidewalk vendors on Canal Street, will I be lying if I tell her it's really a Prada bag?

It's actually worse than that, because when the vendor's goods are confiscated, my wife will still have the bag.
    Jerry A likes this.
    10-22-13 10:24 AM
30 12