I think the fact that BlackBerry is holding off on giving all the same features to Android and iPhone is to have some good press a few weeks down the road. They launch the app today, they should get some good press, in a months time, release an update with all features and get more good press. Shows they're commited and against all other claims still capable of releasing big software updates in an efficient manner.

If this wasn't their plan it should be. For all these users to download the app and in a few weeks get an amazing upgrade. I think it would be great PR.

Unfortunately I think their logic is they want the bbm on the BlackBerry devices to be better than the other platforms. They're wish is that it will keep them from leaving if BBM was indeed the last thing keeping them loyal.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 03:09 PM
    Hopefully we see the rollout of the BBM features we all love!
    10-21-13 03:14 PM
    We've known for quite a while that the initial release wouldn't be full-featured, this is not a surprise.
    bbmtna and mkelley65 like this.
    10-21-13 03:23 PM
    We've known for quite a while that the initial release wouldn't be full-featured, this is not a surprise.
    this.

Please close this uninformative thread.
    10-21-13 03:28 PM
    Am I the only one not able to put groups on silent? Or was this never a feature?

Again to clarify, I am trying to silence the noise notification for group chats, whether it be all of them at once or individual groups. Can this be done?
    10-21-13 03:29 PM
    Thor himself has said the BBM will only have basics features when released. It will, of course, gets update to bring the rest of the features in.
    10-21-13 03:29 PM
    I'm not saying I'm surprised, I knew it would be this way. I'm just speculating as to why.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 03:38 PM
    How about user experience where someone downloads it to try it out because it's new, finds it lacking any interesting features and then deletes it. Do you expect most casual users like that to keep trying it based on incremental feature announcements? Most people already have a messaging client. You must think people have a lot of time on their hands to try out apps they have already tried.
    10-21-13 03:45 PM
    You make a valid point it should be out now. Full featured cross platform. With group video chat! I 100% agree.

I'm only wondering why they chose not to. Was it because it's not fully developed with those capabilities or is it a choice they made willingly.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 03:55 PM
    Since this topic has been covered ad nauseum in many threads over the last couple of months, this one just ads to the confusion. Expect we'll see other features when they are ready.
    FairlightRacing likes this.
    10-21-13 05:20 PM