Hi everyone, this is my first time posting on here. I have used this site in years past when I had my blackberry tour, curve, and the style. I did the switch to apple devices and after this last update on my 5, I want to get a different phone..The q10 appeals the most to me and I was hoping you all on here can convince me to go out and get the thing. It appears blackberry has made a statement with its new operating system and I wanted to know everyone's opinion on it..
    Thanks a lot!

-Alexa
    10-20-13 10:00 PM
    I would've kept my 9900 if I had to choose again. The Q10 is still behind their 3 year old device in terms of efficiency.

I would stay away until they release 10.3 update. Should probably be close to bb7 by then.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 10:15 PM
    BlackBerry 10 is a flawed release and a flawed platform. It has some redeeming features like Remote File Access (WHEN it works). That, and the Q's keyboard keep me here. But if you don't need RFA and don't need a real keyboard, you would have to have your head checked to get a BlackBerry 10 device. You'll hear a lot of hemming and hawing here about how "it's a new platform" and "give them a break" and "it's so secure" (that's my favorite line of bull) and "you can sideload Android apps to fill the app-gap", but the bottom line is that it's a poorly programmed mess. One that most people should stay away from.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 10:20 PM
    If you want to be convinced, you came to the right place. And welcome to CrackBerry!

Why I like the Q10 personally, in no particular order:

* a real physical keyboard makes typing not a chore like on many touchscreens.

* BlackBerry's new BB10 operating system was rewritten from the ground up and doesn't contain a single line of code from BBOS. Furthermore, it was based off the QNX kernel, which is super-stable and is used by NASA in it's space shuttle, in many vehicles, in computerised surgical equipment, among others. No more hourglass or lag, and very responsive.

* If you're anything like me, you hate how the screen rotates on widescreen phones. Problem solved with the Q10--square screen.

* Superb battery life. When I'm on Wi-Fi mostly with heavy use, I can pull +14 hours with it. Plus the battery life is removable, so you can swap out if you need to.

* No home button: slide up from the bottom bezel to minimise an application.

* The Hub. Where all communications are located. No need to open additional applications and accessible anywhere on the phone with a simple swipe up from the bottom bezel, continuing towards the right.

* Durable quality. The back is a glass weave and very comfortable, and the lock, volume, and play/pause buttons are metal.

* Very decent camera with a unique feature called TimeShift that allows you to take ten pictures then choose the best one. If there are people in the picture, choose the best face per person and the phone will merge them all together. 8 MP, probably on par or slightly below the iPhone as far as picture quality.

* Small and comfortable, though slightly wider than the old BlackBerrys. Easily fits in the pocket.

* HDMI out port.

* The whole UI is controlled by gestures, so finger placement is easier.

* Although there's no trackpad, text selection and cursor placement is very good.

* Three simultaneous language keyboard support: if you turn on suggestions it will learn your writing habits and make very accurate suggestions.

* NFC. Even though the iPhone doesn't have it, it can be very useful, especially if you're bank offers mobile NFC payment support.

* And loads more.

One warning: if you really like the huge selection of applications iOS has, then don't be disappointed by what's in BlackBerry World. There's a lot of very good stuff, but less of the big names are there, and a much larger proportion of individual developers (which is actually quite good, because if you have a complaint or suggestion, contact them and they usually respond back within a day). Day by day BlackBerry World is filling up, however. And if there's something you really need and if this kind of stuff is up your alley, you can sideload the Android version of the application.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 10:26 PM
    So you are going to buy a phone because we all told you too? You would think that you would go out and test them all first and make your own decision on what fits YOUR needs! That being said, I have had a Q10 since May and love it running the 641 10.2 leak. Previously had 9900 and enjoyed it except for batteries running out quickly, used 3 full batteries a day but my Q10 rarely needs a charge the same day. I bought a battery bundle but never use it! Again, the Q is my sole preference. Not sure what you would use your smartphone for so it would be silly of me to recommend what's great for me. Thought I would just plug the Q anyways since I noticed a couple of negative reviews above

Q10 running10.2.1.641 leak and loving it!
    10-20-13 10:30 PM
    Get the Q10 - best phone I've ever had (and yes, I have had two iPhones). Amazing battery life and a great OS. What more could you ask for?
    10-20-13 10:35 PM
    If you're willing to deal with lack of apps. Small screen size, zooming problems and 1:1 screen ratio, heavier and thicker(than other smartphones)

And you love keyboard, less hassle of changing in between apps, BBM, long battery life,good call quality(on reliable carrier of course), compact phone with sturdy design

But don't get it if you need large screen, love to play games, wants latest popular apps(but can't be bothered to sideload), likes to view videos/ read stuff. And if you're technologically challenged( don't have a knack for learning new stuff) better not get the phone.

Boredom is mankind's greatest adversity
    10-20-13 10:49 PM
    And if you're technologically challenged( don't have a knack for learning new stuff) better not get the phone.
    Not everyone needs to be spoon fed the I-phone way.

Welcome to CB OP, I would personally recommend it but would suggest that you try it first before pulling the trigger. I have a 9900 which I hardly use and now couldn't imagine using it - now that I've got used to the speed and ease of use of BlackBerry10.

With respect you've managed to create a thread here so you aren't a simpleton who would be challenged by some gestures of BlackBerry10 as you see some others are.

Also if you want apps or sense from the company's management, get another phone

Posted via my CB Q10
    10-21-13 08:20 AM
    The Q10 is a fantastic phone, its very different from a 9900 and has a much better keyboard. In terms of efficiency, it blows the 9900 away, its a multitasking monster, centre button not needed or even missed, I'm coming from a 9900 and I would never go back. Its a rock solid device, very fast, I use an S3 as my second phone and with the way the Q10 moves, I feel like smashing my S3 against a wall. If you're looking at the Q10, that means you're a qwerty person, well no other phone out there qwerty's llike a Q10!.......BB10 10.2 is awesome as well, oh and I went from a 9900 to a Z10 to the Q10, I could easily go back to a Z if there was no Q......BB10 does it for me!
    10-21-13 08:31 AM
    I'll recommend the phone that's best for the person. Most of my communication is 2 way so the q10 is best for me, my wife consumes a lot of info so the screen size of the z10 is best for her and my son plays a lot of games so he has flip flopped between ios and android but prefers android for bigger screens and because it isn't as locked down.

Personally speaking, anything other than BlackBerry feels clunky and tedious. Q10 is my choice.
    10-21-13 09:46 AM