Hello CB, anyone purchase a holster/case for their z30 yet? looking for a review on this one before i buy it because the defender case for my old 9900 was garbage.

Sent from???????
    10-20-13 06:34 PM
    Ordered mine today. I loved the otterbox commuter on my 9900. But decided to upgrade to the defender for this full screen phone. If nobody gives you a review by the time I get mine, I'll let you know what I think.

Cheers.
    10-20-13 07:24 PM
    i have the commuter and i think its really good, its great for protection, has covers for the ports.
    i think i'm going to order the defender for times that i'm in the field (military) and use my commuter for days when i'm not doing as much that needs full protection
    10-20-13 07:29 PM
    i have the commuter and i think its really good, its great for protection, has covers for the ports.
    i think i'm going to order the defender for times that i'm in the field (military) and use my commuter for days when i'm not doing as much that needs full protection
    Hey habs fan, I ordered both and haven't even received my z30 yet. Tracking says cases will arrive at my door Monday by noon. Yes I'm waiting for rogers. I know I can go to Telus but I'd be saving $ 140 with rogers. 200 early hup plus the phone price. I'll give them a few more days.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 08:05 PM
    Great except that the case blocks some of the usb ports making them harder to push in.
    10-20-13 08:06 PM
    Great except that the case blocks some of the usb ports making them harder to push in.
    Never had an issue with the cases in my z10. Are you saying their different?

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 08:09 PM
    Does the case affect the NFC at all?
    10-20-13 08:11 PM
    Does the case affect the NFC at all?
    Good question, and I can't answer that lol, I don't have another Nfc device at the moment. I would assume it would

Posted from my Z30.
    10-20-13 08:34 PM
    Hey habs fan, I ordered both and haven't even received my z30 yet. Tracking says cases will arrive at my door Monday by noon. Yes I'm waiting for rogers. I know I can go to Telus but I'd be saving $ 140 with rogers. 200 early hup plus the phone price. I'll give them a few more days.

Posted via CB10
    Wait rogers has stated shipping Z30s? That doesn't make sense they haven't even said how much the phone will cost

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 09:39 PM
    Wait rogers has stated shipping Z30s? That doesn't make sense they haven't even said how much the phone will cost

Posted via CB10
    Read again. I said the cases are on their way. No date from rogers and I assumed the price would be between 129 and 179. Plus I heard they price match now

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 09:42 PM
    Can the little tabs that cover the charging port be easily cut off??
    The Case Mate doesnt have the port covers, but they are still not available.
    The Otterbox I can get quickly.
    Dont want to buy phone untill I can get at least a sceen protector, which the Otterbox has included...
    10-21-13 02:13 PM
    Can the little tabs that cover the charging port be easily cut off??
    The Case Mate doesnt have the port covers, but they are still not available.
    The Otterbox I can get quickly.
    Dont want to buy phone untill I can get at least a sceen protector, which the Otterbox has included...
    yup I cut mine off.
    10-21-13 02:42 PM
    Thanks!
    Does it look totally fine?
    Are you happy with the Otterbox?

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 03:24 PM
    Just received my 2 cases(defender and commuter) today by FedEx. Funny thing is I have no z30 yet. Lol. I already notice the defender for z30 is better than the one for z10 because the bottom doesn't cover the blackberry logo. Some people had issues with that I didn't. And I like that they left a cutout for the BlackBerry symbol on the back. Actually not much bigger than my z10 case. A little more sleeker.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 03:33 PM
    Thanks!
    Does it look totally fine?
    Are you happy with the Otterbox?

Posted via CB10
    I have the commuter and it's a good case. I had it on for 3 days then took it off. This phone is just to nice naked to put a cover on it. I will put the Otterbox on when I'm going on a trip etc but for day to day use I will risk the dropping factor.

Posted Via my Z-30
    10-21-13 03:42 PM
    Cool, I will be running it naked a bunch as well.
    Easy to put on and off?
    That's why I didn't like the Defender. Pain to put on and off...

I guess I meant to ask if once you cut the "port cover' off, does that look fine, as in nice and clean??

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 03:50 PM
    The BlackBerry transform shell ships with a screen protector, the defender does not as it is built in.

I just opened up the Z30 defender in glacier. It's a good sturdy case but added less bulk than I thought it would (the 9900 defender was ridiculous) .

There is a nice window on the back for the BlackBerry logo, holster included, and easy to remove or install.

Lastly, I definitely notice the outer rubber is of a stiffer compound than the old 9900 style defenders.

Posted via CB10

Attachment 213486
    Last edited by DetritalGeo; 10-23-13 at 07:43 PM.
    10-21-13 03:58 PM
    commuter cases were always good. i want to see if the issues have been ironed out since the z10 defender which in some reviews inhibited the swipe gestures. i guess we'll see

Sent from???????
    10-21-13 06:46 PM
    Why are you carrying personal communications devices in the field? Are you trying to compromise operational security?

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    10-21-13 09:46 PM
    Why are you carrying personal communications devices in the field? Are you trying to compromise operational security?

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    So I can call my son pretty sure there's no OPSEC fighting the fake enemy in the training area of Petawawa. But thanks for your concern

Posted from my Z30.
    cdnrower, revtech, Graheem and 1 others like this.
    10-22-13 04:59 AM
    It sounds silly, but the fact that the Commuter Series case is available for the Z30 and not the Z10 makes me believe the Z30 is the phone BlackBerry really wants people to take seriously. I've loved the commuter line on my previous phones and I'm debating going on and ordering one so I can be ready for the hopeful US Launch of the Z30, or the direct selling of unlocked phones via BlackBerry.com, whichever comes first.
    10-22-13 07:35 AM
    About to pick up my new OtterBox Pursuit/40 Waterproof Series Case (Summit: Slate/Ocean) for BlackBerry Z30
    from the Cda Post. Will let you know what it is like. Needed something a little more rugged and waterproof for travel/vacations. Certainly came quickly, shipped yesterday and arrived today.
    10-22-13 06:08 PM
    Could someone post pics of their Z30 actually inside the case, I wasn't even considering otterboxes after that sh*ty one they put out for the Z10
    10-22-13 06:29 PM
    I couldn't pull the trigger.
    The Otterbox looks just too big and "cheap', very plastic looking.
    I bought just a simple, generic , one that easily slips on and off.
    I will buy a nicer one when more people start making them available.
    I also didn't like little flap that covers the changing port, that would drive me nuts, and didn't want to cut it off.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 11:31 AM
    The glacier version adds some nice contrast and texture,... the black was just bland.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 12:59 PM
131 123 ...