I mean, it looks neat, but really what's the point?

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 01:33 PM
    Notification sounds/led are turned off by the bedside mode
    You have the option to keep the phone calls
    10-20-13 01:36 PM
    Minimum brightness (lower than the minimum setting) plus turning off all alerts (except phone calls, if explicitly allowed). Looks really good on an AMOLED screen because the black doesn't glow like it does on a LCD screen.
    10-20-13 01:37 PM
    Manufactured moan?

Unrivalled Fluidity of BB10.
    jsimon208 and Houshinto like this.
    10-20-13 01:38 PM
    Bedside alarm clock.

Posted via CB10
    schmeat and paper_monkey like this.
    10-20-13 01:39 PM
    Love it and use it every night, it has worked perfectly since I got my Z10.

Ricocan
    10-20-13 01:39 PM
    Possibly the same point as moaning about it. As far as I can see its a quicker way to turn all alerts off than having to go through the settings.
    abohgar likes this.
    10-20-13 01:46 PM

Ricocan
    Same here, it is a great and simple feature.

Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10
    10-20-13 01:46 PM

Ricocan
    Pretty much same here, especially as I have a Z10 dock. I use it as a sort of bedside clock (digital clock definitely preferred mode). I've even caught my girl, who happens to be an iOS user, peeping over me a few times at nights to check out the time.

Unrivalled Fluidity of BB10.
    gfondeur likes this.
    10-20-13 01:53 PM
    What's the point of this thread?

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 01:56 PM
    How or where do I find the settings on the Z30? I can see how to set the alarm but I can't find anywhere to change analogue to digital or change if notifications arrive or not.

Posted with my Z30
    Anilu7 likes this.
    10-20-13 02:01 PM
    I realized the full potential of bedside mode when I finally decided that I don't need my notifications waking me up at night, as I am not likely to check them but rather just get annoyed. So I turned on bedside mode and when my alarm went off, I just tapped the screen...anywhere.
    You don't have to hit a dismiss or snooze button, just tap the screen anywhere and it works as snooze. That was a pleasant surprise, but then I thought, wait...I don't want it to go off in 10 minutes, I actually want to sleep more. So I simply slid the orange marker to go off in another 50 minutes.

I did this all while still being half asleep...actually more like 80% asleep. When my alarm went off 50 minutes later, I woke up with a new appreciation. It's fantastic. Give it a shot.

TLDR:
    1. Silences notifcations.
    2. The whole screen becomes a snooze button.
    3. The ability to adjust your alarm time is effortless with the orange marker.
    *4. BONUS: The "Transition" alarm is the best thing I've ever been woken up by. Unobtrusive and gentle.
    10-20-13 02:24 PM
    Is that orange marker a 10.2 feature? Doesn't ring a bell for my Q10.

Personally, and I'm sure most working folk can agree, I get emails/bbm's all night long that don't need my attention until morning. So bedside's a lifesaver for anyone that works with night owls.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 02:39 PM
    I realized the full potential of bedside mode when I finally decided that I don't need my notifications waking me up at night, as I am not likely to check them but rather just get annoyed. So I turned on bedside mode and when my alarm went off, I just tapped the screen...anywhere.
    You don't have to hit a dismiss or snooze button, just tap the screen anywhere and it works as snooze. That was a pleasant surprise, but then I thought, wait...I don't want it to go off in 10 minutes, I actually want to sleep more. So I simply slid the orange marker to go off in another 50 minutes.

I did this all while still being half asleep...actually more like 80% asleep. When my alarm went off 50 minutes later, I woke up with a new appreciation. It's fantastic. Give it a shot.

TLDR:
    1. Silences notifcations.
    2. The whole screen becomes a snooze button.
    3. The ability to adjust your alarm time is effortless with the orange marker.
    *4. BONUS: The "Transition" alarm is the best thing I've ever been woken up by. Unobtrusive and gentle.
    I was gonna ask the same question. What orange slider are you referring to? I'm on the latest 10.2 leak.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 02:50 PM
    Hahaha I just figured out what you were referring to. The orange marker on the clock itself. You can drag it around the clock. That's pretty cool I didn't notice that.

Posted via CB10
    bspence87 likes this.
    10-20-13 02:52 PM
    Possibly the same point as moaning about it. As far as I can see its a quicker way to turn all alerts off than having to go through the settings.
    Airplane mode does this quickly
    10-20-13 02:58 PM
    Airplane mode disables Wifi and cellular service, so you would have to turn it back on in morning and wait for notifications rather than just sliding up and seeing the notifications there waiting...

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 03:01 PM
    #GetWithBB10 Channel @ C000D7228
    10-20-13 03:03 PM
    Simply pull down the main menu and tap the Bell (notification) ICON as it toggles between normal and your previous mode.. usually silent or vibrate. This is the fastest way to silence your phone. In fact 5 of 6 icons are toggles.

#GetWithBB10 Channel @ C000D7228
    10-20-13 03:06 PM
    Use it nightly. Love it.

Posted from my RIM 850 wireless handheld
    10-20-13 03:36 PM
    You will actually receive texts, BBM, email etc when you turn bedside mode on. In Airplane mode a text or BBM won' be received, and I don't think BBMs attempt to resend in this case. It's also nice to see the timestamp when the text was sent. Also this is quicker to set up if you plug the phone in at night. All you have to do is slide the little moon at the top of the screen to the bottom.
    Mack Gans likes this.
    10-20-13 04:06 PM
    One of the best features ever - and a big reason why I came back to Blackberry from a WP7.
    10-20-13 04:37 PM
    What's the point of this thread?

Posted via CB10
    Does there have to be one? This is a discussion. Free speech and all that.

Presented by Dr. Emmett Brown on BlackBerry Z41
    that_maynard likes this.
    10-20-13 05:15 PM
    I I assume that in bedside mode the alarm works?

Presented by Dr. Emmett Brown on BlackBerry Z41
    Savior4Life likes this.
    10-20-13 05:17 PM
    How does one go about changing what notifications are allowed to come through? I'd like to receive phone calls only when in bedside mode.

Posted via CB10
    Mack Gans and sababeats like this.
    10-20-13 05:22 PM
128 123 ...