For the Japanese grand Prix weekend here is the channel posts:

-a layout of the track picture
    -a preview quote by Lewis Hamilton
    -a preview quote by Nico Rosberg
    -A Japanese Grand Prix stat sheet
    -Another Friday preview quote by Lewis Hamilton
    -Another Friday preview quote from Nico Rosberg

Anyone notice what is missing?

The time from practice to qualifying, and before the race, and during the race, and after the race. Basically the only things that count on the stat sheet and history books is missing.

-No posts about qualifying progress
    -No posts after qualifying
    -No pre race quotes
    -No during race posts
    -No post race quotes

If these guys aren't providing posts after qualifying a race (only about 20 every year) when will they? in the off season? Just practice and pre practice quotes?

The most important parts of formula one are qualifying and the race, and these guys don't report on either (for Japan at least)- unless their man wins. How upsetting considering the dollars BlackBerry has spent. I expect the channel to be shut down after the BlackBerry dollars stop coming in next year anyway though.

Would be nice to read post qualifying and post race quotes, not just if things go good.
    10-17-13 04:28 PM

If these guys aren't providing posts after qualifying a race (only about 20 every year) when will they? in the off season? Just practice and pre practice quotes?
    When Channels makes it out of Beta?
    10-17-13 06:34 PM
    When Channels makes it out of Beta?
    I'm sorry, are you suggesting it is good practice to continue only posting pre race, and not post race? And something about channels being in beta justifies this?
    10-17-13 06:50 PM
    I'm sorry, are you suggesting it is good practice to continue only posting pre race, and not post race? And something about channels being in beta justifies this?
    Well, as you correctly noted, "[the] most important parts of formula one are qualifying and the race". Given the reasonable assumption that their limited resources/personnel are perhaps even more limited during 'the most important part of the race', they cannot be expected to devote any to updating a medium which technically has not even been released to a wide audience (i.e. still in beta).

A similar situation occurred with CrackBerry and even Kevin, both of which seemingly abandoned their Channels for a while. As it turns out, they were busy doing other things and justifiably de-prioritized Channels knowing that it currently has a very limited audience.
    10-17-13 08:08 PM
    Well, as you correctly noted, "[the] most important parts of formula one are qualifying and the race". Given the reasonable assumption that their limited resources/personnel are perhaps even more limited during 'the most important part of the race', they cannot be expected to devote any to updating a medium which technically has not even been released to a wide audience (i.e. still in beta).

A similar situation occurred with CrackBerry and even Kevin, both of which seemingly abandoned their Channels for a while. As it turns out, they were busy doing other things and justifiably de-prioritized Channels knowing that it currently has a very limited audience.
    Um making a channel post about the results of qualifying or results of the race doesn't have to occur during those events.

But days after the race and the newest post is about practice...

Not sure how/why you are attempting to defend that.
    10-18-13 04:31 AM
    What was their response when you asked why they post so little and not the information you consider to be more valuable?
    10-18-13 06:36 AM
    I think the point of BBM Channels still being in beta may hold wait. If the traffic for their channel is only limited to this point to just beta testers and there are several other means of receiving qualifying, race and post-race information, then I can see why the people involved with the social networking of the team would neglect BBM Channels. For now at least. At this point it becomes a question of why post info on a developing social platform in beta whereas we can focus on already established social networks.
    10-22-13 12:23 PM
    What was their response when you asked why they post so little and not the information you consider to be more valuable?
    I can't ask them. I asked in a comment to a post but all of the comments on their posts need approval. They didn't approve my question and didn't answer it.
    10-26-13 03:26 PM
    I stand by this thread. Pre-weekend, practice, and qualifying for the Indian gp have occurred and the most recent post is still from when I made this thread. (practice for Japan)
    10-26-13 03:27 PM
    They didn't end up making even one post the whole race weekend this time. Looks like the BlackBerry dollars may have stopped coming in?
    10-28-13 12:18 PM
    That is a possibility. If that's the case, I wouldn't be surprised that when they reveal the 2014 car the BBM and Blackberry logos are missing.
    10-31-13 12:32 PM
    Abu Dhabi race weekend is here and no channel posts yet again. Pre race is done, practice, and qualifying. Not a peep. It appears I have once again made my point. I believe the BlackBerry dollars have dried up.
    11-02-13 11:03 AM
    The following story happened two days ago, so the money is still there. Not sure what's happening with the channel.

http://gulfnews.com/sport/motorsport...ttle-1.1249599

Posted via CB10

Attachment 216703
    11-02-13 11:13 AM
    I think the lack of attention to channels is based on the activity that comes to their channel, or more so lack there of. I guess we have to consider the amount of people who are actively using channels, and then think of the number of people in that number that are F1 fans. I think that is seen when you look at the responses to mosts of the posts on the team's channel. When looking at early postings you see a decent amount of activity but around the korean gp and japan gp postings it seems to be just likes.

With that said, Mercedes is probably thinking "Ok this platform is in beta, traffic is dying down and because it's in beta there won't likely be a bigger draw to this so what is the point in continuing to post?"

*Don't take my word for it, just a thought.*

While they my not seem to be committed to channels at this point. I think as long as they continue this partnership with Blackberry things should be fine. I think the real question will be if Mercedes will use the channel when it's released officially.
    11-03-13 09:51 PM
    I think the lack of attention to channels is based on the activity that comes to their channel, or more so lack there of. I guess we have to consider the amount of people who are actively using channels, and then think of the number of people in that number that are F1 fans. I think that is seen when you look at the responses to mosts of the posts on the team's channel. When looking at early postings you see a decent amount of activity but around the korean gp and japan gp postings it seems to be just likes.

With that said, Mercedes is probably thinking "Ok this platform is in beta, traffic is dying down and because it's in beta there won't likely be a bigger draw to this so what is the point in continuing to post?"

*Don't take my word for it, just a thought.*

While they my not seem to be committed to channels at this point. I think as long as they continue this partnership with Blackberry things should be fine. I think the real question will be if Mercedes will use the channel when it's released officially.
    You are being foolish. They have plenty of channel traffic. They used to update it regularly and now they don't. They skip entire race weekends as if they didn't happen.

The channel approves all comments and they haven't approved any recently (including mine) which is why comment numbers are at 0.

Always tread carefully when disagreeing with me. You didn't even know they haven't been approving comments. It's not that no one is trying, they have over 5000 subscribers which is one of the highest.

You look like a real smart guy, surprised you didn't know this.
    11-05-13 11:32 AM
    Ouch... ok... I wasn't trying to disagree, just offering my thoughts on a possible scenario.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 12:48 PM
    In a very odd twist of events the channel has today began posting pre-qualifying, pre-race, etc quotes from the Japanese grand Prix. This is a race that happened several weeks ago. It is very odd. It almost seems like they may be trying to catch up on posts and portray it as a server/technical issue that delayed the posts. "Oh, we have been posting all along!". Very odd to see pre qualifying and pre race quotes be posted weeks later.
    11-06-13 05:08 PM
    5000 followers is nothing, the twitter account has 339,544 followers.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 04:21 AM
    5000 followers is nothing, the twitter account has 339,544 followers.

Posted via CB10
    What point are you trying to Make by stating these numbers?
    11-07-13 01:28 PM
    What point are you trying to Make by stating these numbers?
    Are you kidding me, you post on and on and on about how they arnt using it going so far as to make a moderate deal over the fact that they have a whole 5000 followers there and you wonder why they don't interact more there and complain ad nasium about it despite people pointing out it is still in beta and that the team is most likely prioritizing what it posts and where. Then you ask me why I am posting numbers which actually show the total user base they could reach vs another platform... bbry is not paying merc per post that they make, in fact bbry isn't even paying for channels to be advertised since it is still in beta.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 04:40 PM
    Are you kidding me, you post on and on and on about how they arnt using it going so far as to make a moderate deal over the fact that they have a whole 5000 followers there and you wonder why they don't interact more there and complain ad nasium about it despite people pointing out it is still in beta and that the team is most likely prioritizing what it posts and where. Then you ask me why I am posting numbers which actually show the total user base they could reach vs another platform... bbry is not paying merc per post that they make, in fact bbry isn't even paying for channels to be advertised since it is still in beta.

Posted via CB10
    You are totally out to lunch. Why did Mercedes used to update their channel during race weekends on a regular basis and recently they have not? Have the number of subscribers gone down? Is this why? It was still in beta when they did update it regularly and now they do not. Prioritizing what it posts and where? Very incorrect reasoning. In the last several days the channel has played a fake game of catch up posting now irrelevant pre-qualifying and pre -race quotes from the last few races. This did not take any more time now than it would have at a relevant time.

It's very apparent they were slacking and have now added many posts to make it appear as though they are caught up. Hopefully they stay caught up but post things when they matter from now on.
    11-10-13 11:07 PM
    It comes back to the question of the sponsorship arrangement. If it was agreed upon that Mercedes AMG Petronas would keep their BBM channel up to date (no matter how few users) and they break that promise then there's an issue. We may never know, and with the drama in Waterloo over a week ago it's easy for things like this to slip through the cracks.
    11-10-13 11:21 PM
    Wish I had channels on BBMx to see for myself
    11-10-13 11:22 PM
    It comes back to the question of the sponsorship arrangement. If it was agreed upon that Mercedes AMG Petronas would keep their BBM channel up to date (no matter how few users) and they break that promise then there's an issue. We may never know, and with the drama in Waterloo over a week ago it's easy for things like this to slip through the cracks.
    And this is exactly what I'm trying to say. They don't actually care about the channel, it appears they are just doing it because of the sponsorship deal and this has become very evident in the tardiness and quantity of posts lately. The "catching up" of now irrelevant and old content solidifies my hypothesis. They should at least attempt to keep up a half decent charade that they are posting because they like it.
    11-11-13 10:53 AM