I get alot of notifications that I have updates for select apps. Though when I goto open to the update page in BB world, it shows none, and states there are no updates. This has been happening since my last 10.2 update, reloading the OS and such has no effect. Has anyone run into this?

Z10- STl100-1 Unlocked
    10-17-13 02:04 PM
    Take a look at your "Available" list. Chances are most your installed apps, are listed there. Install them again (yeah, I know, they're already installed), and they'll upgrade.
    KemKev likes this.
    10-17-13 02:28 PM
    No, thats what im saying, it always shows up blank. If I manually check for updates states none are available.

I get the notification in the hub itself, and it doesnt matter if I attempt to "open" to the update page, or direct via BB world.
    10-17-13 02:32 PM
    Don't think you follow me. Don't worry about the notification right now. Open App World, go to your apps, look at installed, and you'll find most that are installed on the phone aren't listed there. Open available, and they'll all be there, even though they truly are installed. It's common installing most leaks.
    10-17-13 02:45 PM
    I see you are running a leak so as bigbadwulf said check the available apps you will probably need to re install your install apps

Don't think you follow me. Don't worry about the notification right now. Open App World, go to your apps, look at installed, and you'll find most that are installed on the phone aren't listed there. Open available, and they'll all be there, even though they truly are installed. It's common installing most leaks.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    10-17-13 02:48 PM
    I have found that issue a couple times in the past with previous 10.1 leaks, especially with evernote. However this time, they are in fact installed, showing available, and working. I use a couple of them daily, being My accountant, and lastpass. Both of which are said to have updates, along with many others at this point I'm sure. Next to having to completely uninstall and reinstall everything, I am not really sure what could be the cause.
    10-17-13 03:07 PM
    You wouldn't have to delete and reinstall. If you go to the "available " section and "install" the apps it will be smart enough to install over your current install without loosing your application data.

From what I can understand basically because the apps were (probably) installed via backup when you installed the leaked OS BlackBerry World doesn't know you have them installed. Only that you did at one point have them installed. If that makes any sense to anyone other then myself haha. I have had to do this before.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 03:18 PM
    You wouldn't have to delete and reinstall. If you go to the "available " section and "install" the apps it will be smart enough to install over your current install without loosing your application data.

From what I can understand basically because the apps were (probably) installed via backup when you installed the leaked OS BlackBerry World doesn't know you have them installed. Only that you did at one point have them installed. If that makes any sense to anyone other then myself haha. I have had to do this before.

Posted via CB10
    I hear ya, I do! Evernote aside, I had that issue in a early 10.1 leak once and ended up reinstalling everything from scratch. If I goto the "available" tab within BB world, all the apps I am having trouble with are NOT shown there, they do show up under the installed tab. Hence the, I could attempt the whole un-install/re-install process. I have most of the app data backed up already, so I am not afraid of loss there. Just not something I want to do everytime when there is an update.

It is a weird one to explain, but I do understand what you're saying.
    10-17-13 03:28 PM

Posted via CB10
    And me, LoL!
    10-17-13 03:32 PM
    I hear ya, I do! Evernote aside, I had that issue in a early 10.1 leak once and ended up reinstalling everything from scratch. If I goto the "available" tab within BB world, all the apps I am having trouble with are NOT shown there, they do show up under the installed tab. Hence the, I could attempt the whole un-install/re-install process. I have most of the app data backed up already, so I am not afraid of loss there. Just not something I want to do everytime when there is an update.

It is a weird one to explain, but I do understand what you're saying.
    Ahhhhh okay so they are showing up in the installed tab. Hmmm that is an odd one. Have you tried going to the app page in app world and see if it shows the update there? Other then the uninstall and reinstall as you suggested I'm not sure what else to suggest

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 03:32 PM
    Well, if they are in the installed list, there's a glitch somewhere. I'd uninstall / reinstall. Don't expect that problem again.

Expect a new one.
    10-17-13 03:34 PM
    Yea I am puzzled too on this one,

Ive tried the whole "check for updates" and such, and always comes back with nothing. Kills me, because the hub likes to tell me every other morning. Ive already attempted updating the app through the notification in the hub itself, for it to take me to the same blank update tab in BB world.

I went ahead and just uninstall/reinstalled the 3 I remember stating they had updates. Looks like I cannot do much else other than wait for another update to see if this problem continues.

As for expecting new problems? ehhh not really what I am going for here lol. I love my BB10, but there are days I wish the BB10 OS were another year or so down the line w/bug fixes and such. This is a minor issue I guess, it is my text message app bug that I cannot stand and makes me want to throw this thing against a wall, that could lead up to me leaving if it doesnt get fixed.

Thank you to the both of you, for your help, always appreciated from the CB community!
    10-17-13 03:47 PM
    Take a look at your "Available" list. Chances are most your installed apps, are listed there. Install them again (yeah, I know, they're already installed), and they'll upgrade.
    This is good to know! I usually do a search for the app with the update and install, wondering why I had to install instead of update
    10-17-13 04:38 PM