Hey all,

Got an issue today with my Z10. Wasn't paying attention and put my USB port upside down into my computer slot. That seemed to cause a short of some sort, as the phone automatically shut off, and then went to a solid red light.

Anyone have experience with the solid red light? And how to get around this? I thought maybe the OS got corrupted or something, but I can't even connect to the bootrom via USB to try and reload the OS etc.

Ideas?

Thanks
    10-17-13 01:28 PM
    I did not think that you can even force the computer-end of a usb into the socket wrong but maybe the case was not grounded?

So, if you open LINK software, and plug in the cable, you don't have any option to Reload the OS or update the OS?

Let's see if anyone has additional suggestions. But frankly, if all else fails you could try warranty but don't admit you might have "electrocuted" your phone with the usb cord!
    10-17-13 01:45 PM
    OK... now what really happened?
    10-17-13 01:52 PM
    Let's see if anyone has additional suggestions. But frankly, if all else fails you could try warranty but don't admit you might have "electrocuted" your phone with the usb cord!
    LOL, fair enough! Link didn't work no. I got it on the wall charger now to see if that can help it at all.
    10-17-13 01:55 PM
    LOL, fair enough! Link didn't work no. I got it on the wall charger now to see if that can help it at all.
    Have you tried pulling the battery and leaving it for a couple of minutes..? BlackBerry said we'd never need a battery pull anymore, but it has saved my Z from being stuck one to many times... Hope this helps you...

From the Z...
    10-17-13 02:23 PM
    Have you tried pulling the battery and leaving it for a couple of minutes..? BlackBerry said we'd never need a battery pull anymore, but it has saved my Z from being stuck one to many times... Hope this helps you...

From the Z...
    You should never pull a battery on a Z10 unless it's off or... after pulling a Doctor Frankenstein on it. I still don't buy what you're describing. How can you invert a USB plug? But, since your phone is pooched, try plugging into your pc with NO battery and see what happens.
    10-17-13 03:09 PM
    There's a reference to reloading the OS using Internet explorer but I can't seem to find the link.
    10-17-13 03:21 PM
    There's a reference to reloading the OS using Internet explorer but I can't seem to find the link.
    I should with hold until you confess you dropped it in the blender... but: How to reload the OS on a BlackBerry Z10 or BlackBerry Q10 | CrackBerry.com
    10-17-13 06:42 PM
    How did you manage to get it in ?? Some kind of magician I guess lol
    10-17-13 07:04 PM
    Your phone is gone. Take it back. This happened to my spouses phone- game over!

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 07:44 PM
    Yeah, ended up having to take it to the shop to send in for warranty repair.

They tried the same things at the store to try and revive it, but to no avail.

Thanks or the suggestions all.
    10-18-13 12:15 AM