I have downloaded handbrake to convert my dvds so i can move to my playbook. The dvd is one that is for pc's too so don't believe there should be any protection issue. I have follwed all the steps on handbrake put in my settings then I scan the dvd. I can see it scanning.
    It then says 'ready' but when I go to the play arrow at the top I get an error message that says 'you must first scan source' What am I missing?
    Any help please this is very new to me but am determined to crack it.
    10-17-13 04:24 AM
    Handbrake doesn't rip DVD's reliably, it only converts files that have already been ripped. You can try this, but I doubt it will help - http://www.jesseweb.com/wordpress/?p=1020 You're better off looking for and ripping the DVD with something else and just converting it with Handbrake.
    10-17-13 04:35 AM
    I know it isn't free, but WinX DVD Ripper PRO will Rip a DVD quite well and has a Playbook setting programmed in. It works perfectly.
    10-17-13 07:02 AM
    try dvdfab hd decrypter (free) to rip it hdd then use handbrake to convert
    10-17-13 09:23 AM
    Dvdfab is the way to go.

If you're feeling adventurous, use dvd decrypter
    10-17-13 09:28 AM
    really appreciate the support as a bit of a novice not that adventurous so winx dvd ripper or dvd fab? are the way to go?
    10-17-13 09:37 AM
    really appreciate the support as a bit of a novice not that adventurous so winx dvd ripper or dvd fab? are the way to go?
    DvdFab, it has an option to convert to iPad and what not after ripping. Just adjust the dimensions according to the playbook (keep the aspect ratio though)

It's a one click operation.
    10-17-13 10:10 AM
    Not sure why handbrake is a problem for people. I have used it successfully on a number of occasions. Put DVD in, select Playbook as my option and leave it alone for an hour or so. Job done
    10-17-13 11:59 AM
    One that I have used successfully is Freemake. It will rip and convert to PlayBook format.
    DvdFab, it has an option to convert to iPad and what not after ripping. Just adjust the dimensions according to the playbook (keep the aspect ratio though)

It's a one click operation.
    Djlatino likes this.
    10-18-13 06:08 PM