I've had my Z10 for a few weeks now, and just this week started using the HDMI port. Works great, until today :-(

Now, when I plug my cable in, output to the TV only works when I put a small amount of pressure on one side of the cable (like pushing one corner of the cable into the port a bit more than the other corner). If I use the same cable on my PlayBook, output is just fine. The HDMI cable "wiggles" a bit in the Z10, although it has a snug fit without wiggle in the PlayBook.

Does this sound like a problem with the Z10 port, or the cable?

Roger's "great" 2 year plan allows for a 3 week "phone replacement" while they fix the Z10, or I can pay $35 to have them send me a refurbed Z10... What's better quality-wise: getting my "new" phone fixed, or getting a reburb that works (assuming they actually test refurbs to see if they work)?
    10-16-13 12:27 PM
    sounds like its the port not the cable.
    Its really up to you what you decide to do. In theory, the refurb should work just fine. A lot of refurbs had no problem to begin with, just someone brought it back.
    I'd probably just get the refurb, or attempt a repair through warranty. A port shouldnt go that fast.
    smallbiz likes this.
    10-16-13 12:47 PM
    Sounds like port, I'd get my new one fixed.

AT&T Z10
    10-16-13 03:27 PM
    Thanks for the responses. I was escalated at rogers and they have agreed to do a swap.

Do you think the quality of cable could affect the port integrity at all?

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 06:50 PM
    All I know is that I have the same problem. Doesn't annoy me a ton, but still... It doesn't work unless I push the cable down. So I end up holding the phone with my hand pushing the cable and using my fingers normally. Think it's a defect with the port. Don't think it was built well enough. Mind you, my z30 does not have that problem, and neither does my q10
    10-16-13 06:54 PM
    The port on my PlayBook has no wiggle, but the z10 has what I would call a lot of wiggle in comparison. Obviously these ports are delicate, but they should at least be strong enough to handle the device lying flat on a table!

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 07:15 PM
    Small update - when I change my z10 settings to anything less than the max hdmi output, I see output on my TV - albeit rather fuzzy looking - without needing to wiggle my cable. If I return to max settings, I have to wiggle my cable in the port to get output. Max output works fine on my PlayBook...

Does this also add weight the likelihood that this is a port issue?

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 08:03 PM
    Similar problem here. Hdmi worked fine until recently started to show water colors an eventually stopped working, or when it works looses signal intermittently.
    Wiggling does not help. Sometimes Tv would pick up the signal after phone restart. Same cable works with th PB without a hitch. Tv is Samsung and tried it on another Samsung as well.Worked with interruptions. I think might be a software problem and I'm waiting for 10.2. If it doesn't fix the problem I'll ask for replacement....

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 11:03 PM
    My TV is also a Samsung. Wish I had another brand of TV to try it on but figure the fact I have to wiggle the cable suggests a pin not connecting correctly.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 06:08 AM
    I had the loose-HDMI problem on my Z10 since the beginning. I'm having the same problem with the new Z10 I got as a warranty replacement.
    11-09-13 08:30 PM