Verizon is trying to charge me a bill for 2 months on my first bill reps telling me they bill a month ahead so I owe 89 and then activation fee and another 89 for next month wtf??? Am I the only one I heard verizon always messes up billing maybe I shouldn't have got with them having huge regrets. The rep who sold me the phone gave me. Signed paperwork with how. Much my first bill would be. There telling me if I can't pay I get shut off and more fees seriously screw verizon and there scams. They want like 200 dollars wtffff lol
    10-24-08 02:24 PM
    VZW always bills in advance, I'm sure your bill is completely legit..the paperwork you received at activation explains the billing process.
    10-24-08 02:27 PM
    Personally, I think it is a scam, but yes, that is how Verizon works. Happened last month when my parents switched to Verizon.
    10-24-08 02:27 PM
    I have been with Verizon for like 15 yrs(since they were airtouch). They have always charged a month in advance. I am not sure but i think that some of the other carriers do this to. Stop and think about it , even when you rent an apartment alot of landlords want 1st and last months rent plus security depostit. That's bsically what verizon is doing.
    10-24-08 02:32 PM
    My first bill with sprint was for one month. I got this phone on the 29 they charging me for my first month and the next without telling me this when I bought the phone. Rep said my bill would be data and calling with activation not double . That's a scam they sold me phone and I check the plan over to my budget I agree I can afford and sign up if they would have told ne this before I would not have joined verizon. At t nor sproint does this.
    10-24-08 02:40 PM
    VZW always bills in advance, I'm sure your bill is completely legit..the paperwork you received at activation explains the billing process.
    I have paperwork that states nothing about billing ahead. I bought it at bestbuy.
    10-24-08 02:49 PM
    just think when u pay this youll be ahead on your bills, but thats how verizon does this. if your still within ur 30 day period i think you can cancel everything and get ur money back so check out that option if its still available
    10-24-08 02:54 PM
    I have paperwork that states nothing about billing ahead. I bought it at bestbuy.
    Oh, that's why. Besy Buy is not a corporate VZW. Circuit Citys are and of course retail store fronts are...best buy could care less about your bill. They only make money on your activation, after that they will send you to a store for everything..
    10-24-08 02:58 PM
    In 7 days or so I'm gonna get another bill they said this ridiclous man 300 dollars so soon just to pay ahead cannot afford man lol verizon is crap. I can afford 1 bill a month for 89 but not this.
    10-24-08 03:05 PM
    Every phone company I have been with dose it this way. It depends on when your cycle is vs. when your service started. They want you to pay for the partial month you used, and for the up coming month. The company isn't going to trust you to pay for the service they give you, so the make you pay for it before you use it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-08 03:15 PM
    When you sign up you pay one month in advance and a prorated amount depending on when your billing cycle ends. My understanding is that it is easier to get that last payment now, then it is to get it at the end of your contract if you decide to cancel service. That is also why when you terminate service your phone is not disconnected until the end of your billing cycle since you are paid up in advance.
    10-24-08 03:36 PM
    Suggest you take advantage of the 30 days and cancel out. VZW has always done it this way right or wrong, Sounds like Worst Buy did a poor job of informing you of the terms but than they could care less.
    10-24-08 03:43 PM
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding the situation (it's been a long day) but, when I signed up with Verizon a little over 2 years ago, I didn't have to pay anything but the phone and activation fee. My first bill was for the month's usage and a little more. No 2 months worth of charges or anything of that sort.
    10-24-08 05:09 PM
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding the situation (it's been a long day) but, when I signed up with Verizon a little over 2 years ago, I didn't have to pay anything but the phone and activation fee. My first bill was for the month's usage and a little more. No 2 months worth of charges or anything of that sort.
    Again, it all depends when you fall in your billing cycle. You probably fell when it was close to the end of your cycle it so you had a small prorated amount and one month ahead. I fell at the beginning of my cycle so I had to pay 28 days prorated and one full month (see how it can be almost two full months?). Close to a $400 for my first bill.
    10-24-08 05:13 PM
    Again, it all depends when you fall in your billing cycle. You probably fell when it was close to the end of your cycle it so you had a small prorated amount and one month ahead. I fell at the beginning of my cycle so I had to pay 28 days prorated and one full month (see how it can be almost two full months?). Close to a $400 for my first bill.
    Wow, okay, I see now. I guess I got lucky with that. I know T-Mobile quoted something around that price for the same reasons when I considered switching to them. Thanks for explaining that. Good to know.
    10-24-08 05:16 PM
    I remember when I added my second line that at the corporate store they gave me an estimated first bill. As long as I didn't go over my allocated minutes and texts I was going to pay that amount. It was accurate except for local and state taxes which the rep told me they don't do an estimate for.

10-24-08 06:35 PM
    I remember when I added my second line that at the corporate store they gave me an estimated first bill. As long as I didn't go over my allocated minutes and texts I was going to pay that amount. It was accurate except for local and state taxes which the rep told me they don't do an estimate for.

It is also a good idea to make any plan changes, add a line or features added at the end of your billing cycle. That way you are not prorated. You can also have plan changes "future dated" to avoid being prorated.
    10-24-08 06:47 PM
    This is common. AT&T does the same. Depending on when your cycle ends (and service starts), you can have a bill that is double the amount or around the same amount. The closer your start date to the cycle end date, the lower the charge will be on the first invoice.
    10-25-08 01:38 AM
    Did you read the paperwork before you signed it? Did you ask any billing questions? Its easy to say VZW scams, but honestly you're responsible for making sure you have an understanding of what you are getting into. VZW has always billed a month in advance, and no matter what carrier you are with your first bill is always higher.
    10-25-08 06:30 PM
    As a VZW rep myself, your bill sounds on point from what very little info Ive picked up on this thread. Its 89$ for your access fee, 35$ activation fee, plus a month ahead [or possibly just pro-rated] amount of up to another 89$. Add uncle sams cut to that, and any other surcharges and you should be slightly over 200$.
    10-25-08 07:09 PM
    Thats how Verizon works it and so does AT&T it gets easier after the first bill.
    10-25-08 07:41 PM
    I just went with my friend last week when he switched to Verizon. The rep did inform him of the higher first month bill, as they did for me back in June. Of course, this was a corprate store with Verizon employees. she also told him when his billing cycle starts so he would know how much he was being pro-rated.

Also, being a former AT&T member, I can confirm that they have the same billing practices.
    10-27-08 08:50 AM
    Verizon is trying to charge me a bill for 2 months on my first bill reps telling me they bill a month ahead so I owe 89 and then activation fee and another 89 for next month wtf??? Am I the only one I heard verizon always messes up billing maybe I shouldn't have got with them having huge regrets. The rep who sold me the phone gave me. Signed paperwork with how. Much my first bill would be. There telling me if I can't pay I get shut off and more fees seriously screw verizon and there scams. They want like 200 dollars wtffff lol
    I agree with a lot of people are saying on here...I was told about the higher bill too when I first got service, but I do agree that in some ways it does seem like a scam and here is why.....

My first bill showed a partial month for March 17 - April 1....then I had to pay the month in advance that began on April 2 and it was for a whole month...

However when I got the second bill, it was for the billing cycle of April 2nd again, so even though I paid a month in advance it still looks like a paid for the month of April Twice, and no one has ever been able to explain to me why!
    10-27-08 09:53 AM
    First of all, billing for a month in advance is standard for most cell phone companies. Secondly, as others have stated here, the amount you're charged for your first month depends on your billing cycle in relation to your service start date. You could pay anywhere from 1/30th to 29/30ths of your monthly charges on top of your next full month in advance. I don't have to agree with it, I just have to understand it.

And lastly, due all the typos, and grammatical errors in your initial post, it makes it very difficult to ascertain what exactly your situation is. I would hope that your verbal communication skills are much better--otherwise it's very easy to see why you do not understand what's expected of you as a new Verizon customer.

I would say that if you are going to continue to use written communication--i.e. internet forums, complaint letters, etc, that you use a browser that has spell check included in it such as Firefox, and also, enroll in some remedial English classes. It's not an insult, it's just sound advice, because no one will ever take you seriously in life when you write like you do now.

Good Luck.
    10-27-08 10:21 AM
    First of all, billing for a month in advance is standard for most cell phone companies. Secondly, as others have stated here, the amount you're charged for your first month depends on your billing cycle in relation to your service start date. You could pay anywhere from 1/30th to 29/30ths of your monthly charges on top of your next full month in advance. I don't have to agree with it, I just have to understand it.

And lastly, due all the typos, and grammatical errors in your initial post, it makes it very difficult to ascertain what exactly your situation is. I would hope that your verbal communication skills are much better--otherwise it's very easy to see why you do not understand what's expected of you as a new Verizon customer.

I would say that if you are going to continue to use written communication--i.e. internet forums, complaint letters, etc, that you use a browser that has spell check included in it such as Firefox, and also, enroll in some remedial English classes. It's not an insult, it's just sound advice, because no one will ever take you seriously in life when you write like you do now.

Good Luck.
    Well sorry professor I'm typing on a phone whilst angry *******. How bout you take a ethics class so you can learn how to not be an *******. plenty of ppl have responded seriously so **** off.
    10-27-08 02:34 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD