With all the bad news surrounding blackberry, here's how I turned a bad situation into a good one.
    Here in Nigeria, the Z10's and the Q10's just started getting popular. Wonder what took us so long. But I've had mine since like 5 months ago. It started with sincere intent...whenever I saw someone with a Z10 or a Q10. I would teach them a thing or two. Because then I was literally doing the marketing for BlackBerry over here. So I was always trying to get people to buy a BB10 device or get accustomed to thiers. And then all the bad news and rumors started coming. And I stopped advertising....until recently.
    I thought we nigerians had totally or will totally abandon blackberry, and I wasn't even seeing them around anymore. Now, I see them everywhere. When I'm on the bus, when I'm waiting in a reception, at parties....and here is how I get the ladies!
    When I see a lady beside or close to me. I usually start off with a line like: "how are you enjoying your Q10?" and she gives me this look like (who the F**k are u?) but that doesn't bother me, cause I'm coming up with the killer line. So, she stutters "yeah, yeah, it's pretty good" and then I say "have you tried the TIME SHIFT CAMERA THINGY!?" (BOOOM!!!...works every single time). at this point she's wide eyed, and like "nooo, haven't tried that what's that" then I'm like "the camera thingy, where you can take a picture and go back and forward in time" her eyes widen the more. And I say "here, let me show you". So I take her phone from her and take a picture of her in time shift mode. I tell her to say something (this makes her blush), and then I take the picture, and show it to her, scrolling the time line and going back and forward, showing the different poses of her mouth. And she's like "wooooooowww!"and from there, I teach her how to take a screen shot and other things, if there is still time, And before you know it, I've got her all giggling and stuff. Making her smile like a kid. This is easier when the person is using a Z10 instead of a Q10, because I can still spend a lot of time talking about the keyboard gestures on the Z.
    It's become a habit of late. But it makes me happy at least, and keeps the effects of the bad news and rumors at bay ??

From Zuri my Z10.
    10-16-13 08:11 AM
    Smooth operator lol.

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    10-16-13 08:18 AM
    With all the bad news surrounding blackberry, here's how I turned a bad situation into a good one.
    Here in Nigeria, the Z10's and the Q10's just started getting popular. Wonder what took us so long. But I've had mine since like 5 months ago. It started with sincere intent...whenever I saw someone with a Z10 or a Q10. I would teach them a thing or two. Because then I was literally doing the marketing for BlackBerry over here. So I was always trying to get people to buy a BB10 device or get accustomed to thiers. And then all the bad news and rumors started coming. And I stopped advertising....until recently.
    I thought we nigerians had totally or will totally abandon blackberry, and I wasn't even seeing them around anymore. Now, I see them everywhere. When I'm on the bus, when I'm waiting in a reception, at parties....and here is how I get the ladies!
    When I see a lady beside or close to me. I usually start off with a line like: "how are you enjoying your Q10?" and she gives me this look like (who the F**k are u?) but that doesn't bother me, cause I'm coming up with the killer line. So, she stutters "yeah, yeah, it's pretty good" and then I say "have you tried the TIME SHIFT CAMERA THINGY!?" (BOOOM!!!...works every single time). at this point she's wide eyed, and like "nooo, haven't tried that what's that" then I'm like "the camera thingy, where you can take a picture and go back and forward in time" her eyes widen the more. And I say "here, let me show you". So I take her phone from her and take a picture of her in time shift mode. I tell her to say something (this makes her blush), and then I take the picture, and show it to her, scrolling the time line and going back and forward, showing the different poses of her mouth. And she's like "wooooooowww!"and from there, I teach her how to take a screen shot and other things, if there is still time, And before you know it, I've got her all giggling and stuff. Making her smile like a kid. This is easier when the person is using a Z10 instead of a Q10, because I can still spend a lot of time talking about the keyboard gestures on the Z.
    It's become a habit of late. But it makes me happy at least, and keeps the effects of the bad news and rumors at bay ??

From Zuri my Z10.
    Keep up the good work! Good to read something different from the "norm" around here lately. While I don't see many here in Texas, whenever I'm in a crowd, I whip mine out(uh, my Z) and get immediate attention just by using the phone - especially texting, swiping, peaking. Some ppl have told me that they had written off BlackBerry two years ago and didn't want to be laughed at by friends for using one- now. I told them they needed true friends.....regardless of the device. Besides, it is a sexy beast...the BlackBerry.
    10-16-13 08:24 AM
    Pretty funny, davinci - sounds like you are having fun. :-)
    GRojasHruska likes this.
    10-16-13 08:34 AM
    You've got to start showing BBM vid chat and, Tap to Invite (NFC). That is a nice way to get her PIN. Also, when you've taken her pic with Timeshift, share the pic with her using NFC. That is something iPhones can't (currently) do.
    Niiiiiice! Will definitely try using the NFC next time 😉
    GRojasHruska and Greened like this.
    10-16-13 08:37 AM
    Pretty funny, davinci - sounds like you are having fun. :-)
    Gotta find some positivity in all the negativity bro. Thanks.
    10-16-13 08:39 AM
    Careful with that. You don't want to be having unintended little Z10's...

Always practice safe NFC and use a screen protector.

Feel it, Swipe it, Love it. BlackBerry Z10...
    10-16-13 08:42 AM
    Time shift thingy lol

Posted via CB10
    GRojasHruska likes this.
    10-16-13 08:43 AM
    Good one Davinci~~~ will try that next time~~~~
    10-16-13 08:45 AM
    Lol you can send her an unexpected pic on nfc

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    10-16-13 08:46 AM
    Great story, great lines, great hints! I will implement...
    10-16-13 08:47 AM
    Hmm unfortunately it seems to intimidate guys that I know more about such stuff then them

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 08:51 AM
    LOL
    I always try to use my Z10 conspicuously in public. If anyone even notices, they usually ask if it's the new iPhone. When I say, no, it's a BlackBerry, the response is always "really?!"

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 09:07 AM
    Hmm unfortunately it seems to intimidate guys that I know more about such stuff then them

Posted via CB10
    Then those aren't the right guys for you
    BBVegasGirl80 likes this.
    10-16-13 09:13 AM
    I always try to avoid touching another person's phone. Absolute bacteria traps.

Just keep in mind 90 percent of people use their phone in the bathroom while taking a dump.
    Savior4Life and anon(1852343) like this.
    10-16-13 09:20 AM
    LOL
    I always try to use my Z10 conspicuously in public. If anyone even notices, they usually ask if it's the new iPhone. When I say, no, it's a BlackBerry, the response is always "really?!"

Posted via CB10
    Same.

No, it is a BlackBerry. (smiles while turning a little red)

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Just Me; 10-16-13 at 10:16 AM.
    BBVegasGirl80 likes this.
    10-16-13 09:22 AM
    Easiest thing to do is just show people you can swipe up to unlock without hitting the power button. People are literally amazed at that feature. A few girls I know even called Apple and Samsung to ask if they could enable it on their devices
    Nharzhool and BBVegasGirl80 like this.
    10-16-13 09:22 AM
    lol this happened to me once or twice in college.
    10-16-13 09:26 AM
    I'm just going to kindly and gently report this post. Without getting angry.
    Just so that you know, I am angry on your behalf.
    deezy87 likes this.
    10-16-13 10:07 AM
    I dig geek chicks. When I see a lady with an iPhone, I'm immediately not interested.
    LOL that's ruling out a lot of ladies!

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 10:09 AM
    i unno it feels pretty good raw... my sexy naked z10 =P
    10-16-13 10:09 AM
    Just so that you know, I am angry on your behalf.
    Thank you very much

From Zuri my Z10.
    10-16-13 10:25 AM
    Easiest thing to do is just show people you can swipe up to unlock without hitting the power button. People are literally amazed at that feature. A few girls I know even called Apple and Samsung to ask if they could enable it on their devices
    its all well and good until the LG G2 owner just double taps anywhere on their screen lol.
    both cool ways if ya ask me.
    10-16-13 10:30 AM
    Nice but I want to know did you get her digits?so you can Bbm voice call her?

Posted from the most powerful smartphone,z10
    10-16-13 11:11 AM
    Lol... You should get a Z30.
    Definitely will amaze those girls with those errmmm 5inch performing 15hours non stop whispering naughty chats like a Natural Sound. As if you are just next to each other. Lol..
    And with great reception even in a crowded underground club courtesy of Mr Paratek Antenna, you'll be the talk of the town.

Lol... Anyway, enjoy... As what one of the posters said, play safe... Always use screen protector...
    wincyUt likes this.
    10-16-13 11:15 AM
72 123