Problem 1-

I'm running 10.2.0.1791.

Very often, when my phone rings (incoming call) the screen is black. No swipes work at all, and I miss the call.

Immediately afterwards it says the usual missed call, etc, and everything works.

Problem 2-

Often the phone will not ring at all (during incoming call), as though it's on silent. Then the next minute it will ring.

Any ideas?
    10-16-13 12:17 AM
    Rebooting with pressing long on both volume rocker together not help? I also had this earlier after install but few restarts later helped. Also am on stock runtime

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    10-16-13 12:31 AM
    Rebooting with pressing long on both volume rocker together not help? I also had this earlier after install but few restarts later helped. Also am on stock runtime

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    Hasn't helped yet. I've restarted 3 or 4 times.

What's stock runtime?
    10-16-13 02:50 AM
    I have a q5 and get this issue. I can use the lock button on the top of the phone to start the screen again. Does the q10 have a lock button? If so, give that a try.

From my Q5
    10-16-13 05:28 AM
    I have a q5 and get this issue. I can use the lock button on the top of the phone to start the screen again. Does the q10 have a lock button? If so, give that a try.

From my Q5
    To all:

use above method if your screen flashes black, then shows call, and flashes black again. I have this issue. Sometimes, I take it out of my pocket and it's black, but still ringing..takes a sec to find light...ikik hopefully 10.2 will solve this.
    10-17-13 04:04 PM
    Ftr this problem only started after upgrading to 10.2.

It doesn't flash black, it just stays black and doesn't show that someone is calling. It just rings.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 05:54 AM
    Has happened on my Q10 a few times, on 10.1.0.4200 no leaks.

Also noticed if I swipe up to dismiss a call, or actually miss a call. The phone will continue to ring while displaying the missed call popup?
    It will continue to ring until I go in and view the missed call.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 08:19 AM
    Can anyone help?

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 03:48 AM
    Pretty please?

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 04:15 PM
    My suggestion is to go back to stock OS and see if that will solve your problem.
    10-22-13 05:19 PM
    I get the dark screen on some incoming calls. I use the top button to light the screen.

A leak...10.2.0.1725

Posted via my CB Q10
    10-22-13 06:04 PM
    I also encountered this problem lately, however I'm running the latest official 10.1 MR update. Here is how I solved the problem:
    The phone has a proximity sensor left besides the phone speaker. The function of this sensor is turning of your display while on a call, to prevent accidential interaction with the screen. Now in my case, I have a screen protector with a cutout for this sensor. Some grease and dust has collected in there over the time, fooling the sensor and let it think there is something covering the screen. After cleaning it, things work as usual.

Speaking of screenprotectors: Some screenprotectors, especially those without cutouts, can sometimes fool the prox. sensor too. Especially when bright (sun-)light is hitting the screen, the protector kind of gets transformed into some sort of mirror: It reflects the signal and the sensor again thinks something is covering the screen.

So if you encounter this problem, clean your screen and run some tests. If you are using a screenprotector and cleaning doesn't help, try removing the protector. If the problem now still exists, it might very well be a software problem, however it could also be a defective proximity sensor, which simply isn't working the way it should. In this case, you'd have to send in your device for repair.

Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10
    10-23-13 12:49 AM
    Thanks Taiga

I do have a screen protector but the part over the proximity sensor is no covered at all.

Also, when I'm on a call, say on speaker, the screen can be seen, it doesn't go to black.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 01:41 AM
    Pretty please?

Posted via CB10
    As already stated above and quoted by others too - press the lock key.

From my Q5
    10-23-13 03:34 AM
    Yes, will try this. Burt still shouldn't be happening. Will report back

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 03:49 AM
    Ok: No good guys!

I press the unlock key during ringing and it takes me to the locked screen! As in, the screen is no longer black but it's the locked screen I see.

I still cannot see who's calling and I cannot answer the call, since once I swipe up to unlock the locked screen it knocks off the call.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 03:54 PM
    Help?

Please.
    10-24-13 11:52 PM
    Besides your screenprotector not covering the sensor, have you tried cleaning the sensor part with a microfiber cloth?
    Can you "simulate" a calling situation please? Call your own phone with your landline or whatever else you have available. Put your Q10 on a table or something besides you. Check how the display behaves, does it get activated at first and then goes dark later on or is it black from the beginning of the call.
    Unlock the screen with the lock-key and finally by swiping. Is the caller now displayed?

Since your problem started after upgrading to 10.2 it might very well be a software issue. Have you tried a complete security wipe or a fresh installation of a different software version?

If yes and the problem still exists, it's quite likely your sensor has a serious problem and you'll need to send your phone in. No further help possible from here on, besides buying replacement parts and fixing yourself...

10-25-13 12:21 AM
    Besides your screenprotector not covering the sensor, have you tried cleaning the sensor part with a microfiber cloth?
    Can you "simulate" a calling situation please? Call your own phone with your landline or whatever else you have available. Put your Q10 on a table or something besides you. Check how the display behaves, does it get activated at first and then goes dark later on or is it black from the beginning of the call.
    Unlock the screen with the lock-key and finally by swiping. Is the caller now displayed?

Since your problem started after upgrading to 10.2 it might very well be a software issue. Have you tried a complete security wipe or a fresh installation of a different software version?

If yes and the problem still exists, it's quite likely your sensor has a serious problem and you'll need to send your phone in. No further help possible from here on, besides buying replacement parts and fixing yourself...

Thanks for replying.

1- I have simulated, it's dark from the beginning. If I swipe up, it knocks off the call, and shows me the locked screen. When I swipe up again it unlocked and shows me a missed call.

2- The screen protector does not cover the sensor.

3- The screen displays just fine when I'm on a call using the speakerphone. It also displays fine when I'm ona non-speakerphone call, and move it away from my face.

4- I'm am using the latest leak, which is the same as the latest official 10.2. If I do a security wipe and install the latest official OS, could that help?

5- As I said above, the sensor is clearly working fine.
    10-25-13 12:28 AM
    4- I'm am using the latest leak, which is the same as the latest official 10.2. If I do a security wipe and install the latest official OS, could that help?
    I fear you are out of options here. At least I don't have any ideas besides a complete, fresh installation. Just for ****s and giggles you could also try to install one of those 10.2 leaks. However I don't know how easy it would be downgrading to an official 10.2 release after that. But yes: Complete wipe and install of latest 10.2 would be the best option here. Even though it is annoying.

Don't know if any other member has additional ideas, but I sure ran out of further suggestions.

10-25-13 12:47 AM
    Thanks. Any last ideas?

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 10:36 AM