Business Week just reported that Cerberus has signed an undisclosed confidential agreement for a possible bid for the whole company!

Posted via Harry
    milo53 and kfh227 like this.
    10-15-13 05:57 PM
    Link to an article discussing it. BlackBerry Signs NDA with Cerberus Capital [REPORT]

Cerberus has $10 billion less than FFH in assets, however, it sounds like they actually have their finances prepared, unlike FFH.

I wouldn't mind if Cerberus took BB private. As long as it continues to produce competitive consumer items, I'm down.
    gfondeur, schmeat, kbz1960 and 3 others like this.
    10-15-13 06:14 PM
    I just want BB to remain building and improving on bb10. Don't care who owns them in the end.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk now Free
    10-15-13 06:21 PM
    Link to an article discussing it. BlackBerry Signs NDA with Cerberus Capital [REPORT]

Cerberus has $10 billion less than FFH in assets, however, it sounds like they actually have their finances prepared, unlike FFH.

I wouldn't mind if Cerberus took BB private. As long as it continues to produce competitive consumer items, I'm down.
    Well, according the the article it's interested in continuing to make products and now just sell it's assets off.
    Cerberus Capital Management believed that turning BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) (TSE:BB) around is doable instead of selling its assets piecemeal.
    10-15-13 06:21 PM
    If that sale is good for us...I'm all for it...

Trusted Member Genius
    indie_b, sklotz2000 and diegonei like this.
    10-15-13 07:20 PM
    i just cant see cerberus being good for BB given their past transactions
    10-15-13 07:29 PM
    i just cant see cerberus being good for BB given their past transactions
    As an investor, I could give a rats *** at this point

Posted via CB10
    richc3, nquyen, Dave79 and 5 others like this.
    10-15-13 07:33 PM
    Business Week just reported that Cerberus has signed an undisclosed confidential agreement for a possible bid for the whole company!

Posted via Harry
    Are you talking about the NDA or is this post NDA?

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 07:34 PM
    I just read on bloomberg Canada us not allowing any sale of BlackBerry to foreign parties. Does this affect this deal?

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 07:37 PM
    Canadian federal government reviews large foreign takeovers and has final say in certain circumstances. I doubt they have decided to not allow it already.
    10-15-13 07:43 PM
    Canada needs to let bbry go.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 07:46 PM
    If Canada won't allow it then they should bail BlackBerry out.

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    eldricho, indie_b, kbz1960 and 1 others like this.
    10-15-13 07:52 PM
    Interesting. I just hope they stay intact.

"If you can't soar with the eagles, then don't fly with the flock!" (BBM#18)
    10-15-13 07:56 PM
    If Canada won't allow it then they should bail BlackBerry out.

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    Reminds me of "Too Big to Fail." Some companies are, some aren't. The fact that they've hardly helped thus far is intriguing. If they were to block all foreign sale, including US, they'd feel the repercussions immediately. I am in no way pro-bailouts, just making observations.
    10-15-13 08:12 PM

Posted via CB10
    who's fault is it that you own stock in the company that makes your phone?if you smoke,do you also own stock in altria?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-15-13 08:21 PM
    having been a victim of a Cerberus takeover if they buy blackberry......kiss it goodbye,,,,,,theyre nothing but lying leeches.....they will not grow nothing
    10-15-13 08:49 PM
    Looks like Fairfax's low ball offer tactic actually worked.
    Last edited by birdman_38; 10-15-13 at 09:30 PM.
    Bacon Munchers and deezy87 like this.
    10-15-13 09:17 PM
    That's incorrect, The Canadian government wouldn't have even looked at it at this point, and if they did they wouldn't stop a transaction to a friendly country. If the Chinese tried to buy it that would be a different story.

Posted from my Q10 on the West Coast
    10-15-13 09:23 PM
    So what has Cerberus taken over before?
    10-15-13 09:29 PM
    That's incorrect, The Canadian government wouldn't have even looked at it at this point, and if they did they wouldn't stop a transaction to a friendly country. If the Chinese tried to buy it that would be a different story.

Posted from my Q10 on the West Coast
    They might.
    Nortel still stings,
    getting closer to election time,
    Lots of reports now about our 'ip crisis'
    Some of that cryp. tech is pretty important,

Tough to say.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 09:33 PM
    So what has Cerberus taken over before?
    All kinds of companies, and it's rarely good for them.

About 10 years ago, they bought up a bunch of US gun manufacturers, many that had been in business for 60+ years (Marlin, Remington, Bushmaster, and several other big names, and some smaller ones). They immediately fired the most senior, experienced employees, discontinued 1/3 of the models, and consolidated production to the cheapest areas. Quality took a severe nosedive, and many popular models simply are no longer made. Of the dozen companies they bought, only 2/3 of the brands still exist, but there are only about half of the actual companies, as others are just brand names made by someone else today.

They've done similar things in other industries as well. Make no mistake, PE companies aren't looking to run companies, they're looking to slash costs and "drive efficiencies" through contraction and consolidation, and then sell the companies for a profit quickly, before the effects of those changes become too apparent to the buyers.
    10-15-13 09:38 PM

Posted via CB10
    How about as a human being?

Posted via CB10
    anon(5818411) likes this.
    10-15-13 09:40 PM
    i think nothing is going to happen, and its probably going to be like Dell. If mike and doug want to take over, if the have enough shares and backup it might just happen like dell. Dell was in the same postion and the original owner bought everything back and is going private. If you look at it they dell just release a new alienwares laptops. If they have no money why bother.
    10-15-13 09:42 PM
    Thank you Troy Tiscareno, I was just about to ask what on earth is Cerberus (didn't get much info / picture about who they are and how they work)

So let's say BB10 does get taken over, and it seems that general sentiments are negative on Cerberus..

What kind of "cheapen things out" will happen?

I think Q5 may be the 'flagship' devices / promoted instead of any new up and coming phones in the pipeline . (hmm, not exactly a good idea)
    10-15-13 09:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    As a consumer, I could give a rat's rear about your investment. You took the risk knowing you might lose, just like any other investor.

How quickly we forget about the employees and their families. I want BlackBerry to succeed but I mostly don't want to see the little people hurt because of executives who made poor decisions.
    10-15-13 10:47 PM
98 123 ...