I am an Authorized Retailer for VZW. I recently had customers complain that whenever they lay their phone down it reboots. Has anyone heard about this issue. I'm new to forums so if this has been posted elsewhere please forgive me doing it here. Thank you.
    10-15-13 12:59 PM
    Check the battery fit. Some old bbry's needed a card or something between the door and battery.
    10-15-13 01:12 PM
    I just dropped my Q10 on the carpet floor in the office.....from about 2-3 feet....no restart.

Do what kbz advised and stick a card behind the battery door for a more 'snug' fit
    10-15-13 01:56 PM
    It would make me want a different phone. Sticking paper in to tighten is not a fix. Must be a loose connection in the phone. Things like this never get better. BlackBerry is good but they don't have healing power

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 02:17 PM
    I've had my Q10 for six months. It just did this twice in a 24 hour period. I also have Verizon and have only downloaded their official OS upgrade. Interestingly, when I restarted, it showed my fully charged battery was almost dead. A battery pull and restart fixed that. My battery appears very snug unlike some legacy devices, so I am not sure what the problem was.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 07:00 PM
    My Q is out of my hands during three activities a day. Eating driving and the restroom.
    I have dropped sat on rolled over in bed on this phone and never had a reboot or hardware issue.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 07:06 PM
    When I lay my q10 down on a table or something it will restart sometimes. Weird
    10-15-13 08:52 PM
    this is not about dropping the phone. I have dropped my Q10 from the table to the carpeted floor several times, and no restart. But i placed the phone gently in the cupholder in the car, the back of the phone hit the cupholder and it rebooted. Another time, i placed the phone gently on the table, back first, and it rebooted. While it was rebooting, i tried to recreate the event, and it rebooted again.
    10-15-13 10:40 PM
    Every once in a while I see someone complain about this.

My usual assumption is it is either the battery contacts or the battery is not fitting snugly.

Are they using the original battery or do they have some junky 3rd-party generic battery, or perhaps a counterfeit battery that is designed to look like the original in it?

It's possible that there is something going on in a PC board or something, ie loose ribbon connector or solder joint, but I don't see the issue complained about to the degree that would suggest a fundamental design flaw. At the most there might be a minor QC issue with some production runs.
    10-16-13 12:50 AM
    I am an Authorized Retailer for VZW. I recently had customers complain that whenever they lay their phone down it reboots. Has anyone heard about this issue. I'm new to forums so if this has been posted elsewhere please forgive me doing it here. Thank you.
    Just to be clear, is this specifically happening with Q10s? I had that issue with my old 9900, but never with my Q10.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 01:16 AM
    Thank you all for your responses and suggestions. To Danny; yes this only happens on the Q10.
    10-16-13 03:04 AM
    I think this is the common problem some of the first batch of Q10 faces.

10-16-13 03:51 AM
    That was too hard a fall...mine only gets a light tap at the back when i lay it on the table and it would restart...
    10-16-13 09:17 PM
    That was too hard a fall...mine only gets a light tap at the back when i lay it on the table and it would restart...
    Double check if the battery is touching the prongs and staying absolutely still in the housing. If that does not help, look into getting a replacement phone.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 01:21 AM
    You must be the authorized retailer I walked into--whom told me you charge $25 for a SIM card, when the whole reason I walked in was because the Business Service Rep I spoke to on the phone told me to go to your store.

This is definitely an issue I've experienced...even dropping it in my pocket does the trick.

It is a free replacement under warranty, and I am waiting for my replacement device to arrive.
    virgocrush likes this.
    10-17-13 01:17 PM
    You must be the authorized retailer I walked into--whom told me you charge $25 for a SIM card, when the whole reason I walked in was because the Business Service Rep I spoke to on the phone told me to go to your store...
    This is something I have seen first hand. Sim cards are non inventoried items. Often authorized dealers will charge a customer $10-$20-$25 for one and then pocket the cash.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 01:48 PM
    This is something I have seen first hand. Sim cards are non inventoried items. Often authorized dealers will charge a customer $10-$20-$25 for one and then pocket the cash.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, but as an authorized retailer, they are not supposed to charge, especially for someone on a business acct. If I cared, I could complain that said store did not give me a SIM free of charge.

Either way, I troubleshot, wiped/reinstalled os, and the error still occurred, so I have warranty replaced and am awaiting arrival.
    10-17-13 02:07 PM