While I haven't seen it in person, the Z30 just doesn't do it for me based on the pics. So lately I've been thinking about the kind of BlackBerry phone design I'd prefer to see. That said, I wasn't wild about the Z10 based on the pics and renders, but it was a lot better in person; maybe it will be the same with the Z30. At the least, I'm interested in whether it really does feel more comfortable in hand than the Z10, since the reviews have mentioned that.

But, I still find myself gravitating back to the 9900 as the reference point for BlackBerry design. I like my Z10, but when I look at it next to my 9900, there is just something less...BlackBerry about it. I thought it was largely the lack of signature BlackBerry elements like the trackpad and keyboard, which were so integrated into the BBOS experience. But, then I came across the concept below again. I had seen it before as well as the myriad other concepts. Each has their pros/cons, but when I look at this one, I automatically think, "That's a BlackBerry." Ironically, it's a concept of a BlackBerry Windows Phone.

With the BB 10 phones, it seemed like BlackBerry largely discarded its old design language aside from keeping the styling fairly conservative/traditional. But with the 9900, elements of the phone seem so thought out and intentionally designed...there was as much "science" behind some of those design decisions as there was art. And since I doubt the "scientific" rational behind those decisions is invalid or obsolete now, I'd like to see BlackBerry take some cues from its past designs.

What do you guys think? Do you like the concept below? What would you like to see design-wise in a future BlackBerry phone?

If you could design the next BlackBerry phone...-20a497628e0c300c69775a20eb234c69.jpg
    If you could design the next BlackBerry phone...-22b782c4a268071e4fc4b07e2efa4da7.jpg

Additional renders in the same design series
    10-14-13 11:39 PM
    That is a sick looking design! Really love the way the branding is still present but not in a full bar like and it takes of the unnecessary part
    10-14-13 11:45 PM
    Ugh! Winberry again. Hate that design. Bring on the TK Victory again lol - http://m.crackberry.com/introducing-...erry-10-design
    10-14-13 11:50 PM
    i still think blackberry is mising out on what they should be making. A slider with comparable 4-5 inch screen with keyboard on par with 9930 q10. in that device you would have everything you could want.... the screen size and the keyboard. i just dont get how this device has not been made yet.
    10-15-13 12:06 AM
    Ugh! Winberry again. Hate that design. Bring on the TK Victory again lol - Introducing the BlackBerry TK Victory - another Super Hot BlackBerry 10 Design! | CrackBerry.com
    Lol, speaking of Winberry, would you prefer the BlackBerry Wind?

I like the Victory concept, but don't see how you can hate the above but like the Victory since they're similar in terms of shape and style pattern. What do you hate about the Winberry?
    10-15-13 12:08 AM
    imo, the 9850/60 design never gets old,,, if they,(we), could build a 4.7" super-spec'd version, w/ all the new tech tricks, i.e. usb/otg, miracast, & yes, fully functioning bridge, w/ the only button being a trackpad, & if they could do it in playbook material w/ your back cover, i'd be on it...
    10-15-13 12:20 AM
    I'd be happy with a 1080p 5 inch screen, 3000mah battery, quad core 1.7ghz cpu+gpu, a 64 bit Os with 4 gigs of ram, and a 12 mp back camera + 2mp front.

I don't ask for much... do I?

Posted via CB10
    kidplanet likes this.
    10-15-13 12:24 AM
    As for the concept pics, I don't like the BlackBerry logo on the back near the bottom. That's usually where I'm holding the phone so people won't see my beautiful BlackBerry logo.

Another thing is that there's no room around the screen for swiping. I don't think an edge-to-edge display will play nice with the bb10 swipe gestures...

Posted via CB10
    kidplanet likes this.
    10-15-13 12:27 AM
    go with IGZO screens. I heard they really cut the power consumption, by a WHOLE LOT.

And a better camera module. Dual core CPU? Don't really care.

Quad core GPU? Add more VRAM to it please, like 256MB-512MB to that.

New GPU? Might as well go AMD, if they're still Canadian (i'm not so sure, can somebody re-check this?)

Software side? Aplenty to do!
    -office suite
    -desktop mode
    -shrink android runtime and merge instead of "2-in-1 silo-ed on top of a foundation" into "1 but can play all".
    10-15-13 02:00 AM
    Lol, speaking of Winberry, would you prefer the BlackBerry Wind?

I like the Victory concept, but don't see how you can hate the above but like the Victory since they're similar in terms of shape and style pattern. What do you hate about the Winberry?
    It was a joke. None of them will become reality anyway...
    If you could design the next BlackBerry phone...-why_so_serious_troll_face_by_memoryman15-d5gbs7y.png
    10-15-13 09:57 AM
    The Victory is basically the Q10, with smaller bezels and a more prominent curve on the keyboard.

This is nice, but the bezels would need to be bigger for the bb10 gestures. Well done.
    10-16-13 09:11 AM
    Personally I think the Z30 is an oversized Z10. There are alot of oversize mobiles with great apps. Try not to follow or look similar in the market but to lead ahead in designs! Samsung is already into their futuristic design oled and others. Example if BB can >do the virtual keyboard capability, that would be extraordinary. This will not be in the space competing with Apple or Samsung for its hardware popularity...if you get my drift. One will never gain market share if one always try to emulate the prettiest and most popular one in the contest.
    10-22-13 08:46 AM
    Ugh! Winberry again. Hate that design. Bring on the TK Victory again lol - http://m.crackberry.com/introducing-...erry-10-design
    Now that's a phone.

Posted from the most powerful smartphone,z10
    10-22-13 09:25 AM