Hello everyone! Forgive me if I am not phrasing my question correctly, but can someone package the file/command to toggle airplane mode on and off into a .bar file for me? I know this has been done in the past for the video camera so it would help me to have the ability to just press an icon to enter into airplane mode instead of going through settings.

Thank you in advance

Sent from an ATM
    No trees were harmed during the making of this message
    10-14-13 04:40 PM
    So, you want an icon to trigger airplane mode, like we have an icon that triggers the camera's video recording mode.

Ok devs, to work!
    Last edited by diegonei; 10-14-13 at 05:16 PM.
    nappp likes this.
    10-14-13 04:44 PM
    Isn't there an Airplane Icon along the top right? Does that do what the OP wanted?
    10-14-13 04:51 PM
    Isn't there an Airplane Icon along the top right? Does that do what the OP wanted?
    It only shows after you enable it in settings.
    10-14-13 05:15 PM
    How about bringing the menu item "Airplane Mode" from Network Connections" two levels up to main upper edge pull down menu. There it would sit next to toggle buttons for Wi-Fi, Notifications, and Blue Tooth. Any business traveler needs it way more often than Blue Tooth or Wi-Fi.
    10-14-13 05:27 PM
    It only shows after you enable it in settings.
    this is correct. I know from reading threads in the past there is a command line you package up or something like that. I can supply the bar for the vid camera icon if someone needs an example. I think it was sCrid2000. he originally supplied it to us for free on the forums

Sent from an ATM
    10-14-13 08:13 PM
    I think you're comparing apples to oranges. The Camera app is an app and is not part of the operating system, and thus is probably not too difficult to modify and sideload (or load). Airplane mode is a setting within the OS and is likely a whole other animal.
    nappp likes this.
    10-14-13 09:42 PM
    I think you're comparing apples to oranges. The Camera app is an app and is not part of the operating system, and thus is probably not too difficult to modify and sideload (or load). Airplane mode is a setting within the OS and is likely a whole other animal.
    ahh. that makes a lot of sense. thank you. I have contacted the dev of the vid camera icon and he explained it was not possible. I believe his answer plus yours paints the full picture for me. thanks again

disappointed but I learned something today

Sent from an ATM
    10-14-13 09:58 PM
    He still has a point paco. The OS' camera app defaults to picture taking and you have to switch to video recording. Some clever dev managed to create an icon that goes directly to that function. Basecally, the app runs a command within the OS.

So what he proposes is not far fetched. Both ideas are like using cmd on a Windows PC.
    10-15-13 09:43 AM
    I believe paco is right though. the camera is still an app and not the OS even though its a permanent app. the camera can be manipulated, but let's say turning on an option in the "General" tab, or toggling wifi file sharing on and off, that is the difference.

Sent from an ATM
    10-15-13 11:05 AM
    I believe paco is right though. the camera is still an app and not the OS even though its a permanent app. the camera can be manipulated, but let's say turning on an option in the "General" tab, or toggling wifi file sharing on and off, that is the difference.

Sent from an ATM
    At the OS level, they are all commands. Still, being right isn't the point I guess. The point is: Any devs out there willing to try and make it happen?
    nappp likes this.
    10-16-13 10:50 AM