I"m coming from the Torch 9800 where I could tap and hold finger down on an App's button and then move it wherever I wanted on my home page.

Can I do this with Q10? My new apps are at the last page. I know I can choose pages at the bottom, but I'd rather have them on the first page of apps.
    10-12-13 08:07 AM
    Tap and hold the app you want to move. You should be able to drag it from there and move it around. To move it to the front page, just drag the app to the left side of your screen and hold it

Posted with my Q10!
    10-12-13 08:18 AM
    Tap and hold the app you want to move. You should be able to drag it from there and move it around. To move it to the front page, just drag the app to the left side of your screen and hold it

Posted with my Q10!
    If I tap and hold it, it brings up trash cans next to all apps...
    10-12-13 08:20 AM
    Tap an icon with your finger and keep it tapped. After roughly a second or two all icons will start to wobble a bit, now you can move them around. Drag them to the screen edges to move them to other pages. To create a new folder, simply move one icon over another one. Each folder can contain up to 12 apps.

To exit the arrangement mode, just tap anywhere on the screen. You can't btw. arrange icons completely to you likings. For example you can't put four icons on the very top and four other ones to the very bottom, leaving the middle blank.

Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10
    Anonymous2039 likes this.
    10-12-13 08:22 AM
    Tap an icon with your finger and keep it tapped. After roughly a second or two all icons will start to wobble a bit, now you can move them around. Drag them to the screen edges to move them to other pages.
    Wobble with trash cans or without?

I can't work it out properly. I did manage to get it to wobble but couldn't move it. I moved to left but the screen didn't change,.
    10-12-13 08:48 AM
    Just cause it shows trash can doesn't mean it to delete. Just hold when it wiggles yes with the trash can you can now drag it anywhere you want

Member of Squircle of Trust!
    10-12-13 09:03 AM
    How do I move Apps?-img_00000097.png

Do you see that vertical blue bar on the middle-left? That signals the page switch if you hold it there.

The app will only delete if you touch the trashcan directly. If you hold the app, it will move

Posted with my Q10!
    10-12-13 09:14 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000097.png 
Views:	438 
Size:	641.4 KB 
ID:	210042

Do you see that vertical blue bar on the middle-left? That signals the page switch if you hold it there.

The app will only delete if you touch the trashcan directly. If you hold the app, it will move

Posted with my Q10!
    Interesting. How do you make the blue line appear? It doesn't seem to be there all the time (after holding down app).

I did now mange to move the app, but only to page 3. It won't go further. It bounces off the blue line.
    10-12-13 09:23 AM
    Interesting. How do you make the blue line appear? It doesn't seem to be there all the time (after holding down app).

I did now mange to move the app, but only to page 3. It won't go further. It bounces off the blue line.
    How are you moving the app? Are you holding and dragging directly on the app icon?

It should allow you to move to screens 2 and 1 if you hold the icon on the very left side of the screen, with your finger kept down. An alternative is to quickly 'throw' the app towards that side of the screen, but I find this method inconsistent for me.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    aussie99 likes this.
    10-12-13 09:33 AM
    I found if i wanted to move an App to the first page, I had to move an App out of the first page first to leave an empty space or void. Then it worked quite easily.
    BravoZuluDelta likes this.
    it would go if you have space on that particular page. If there is space try pushing the app again and it will move to that page. If you want the apps within a page to be rearragned follow the same wobble steps and place the blue line where you want your app to be. same for the folders.
    How do I move Apps?-img_00000098.png

I changed my background so you can see it a bit better. That blue bar tells you that if you let the app go, it will fall in between those two apps. It shouldn't bounce even if it's full

Posted with my Q10!
    aussie99 likes this.
    10-12-13 09:43 AM
    I found if i wanted to move an App to the first page, I had to move an App out of the first page first to leave an empty space or void. Then it worked quite easily.
    Ahh.

Will try that.
    10-12-13 09:55 AM
    I think u must have got your answer
    10-12-13 12:29 PM
    I actually managed to do it without making space anywhere, like BZD said.

Thanks all.
    SharonRD likes this.
    10-12-13 09:42 PM