This showed up on my RSS feeds today and I just saw it now by sheer coincidence!! ARGH!@!

5 things to consider while preparing for the end of BlackBerry | Mobile Technology - InfoWorld
    10-11-13 08:14 PM
    I just see a site that's writing an article for the traffic it'll get. Don't pay attention to articles like this, it's all speculation. Only read articles like this once something actually happens.

Posted via CB10
    bob_tn and Deanig_12 like this.
    10-11-13 08:20 PM
    I don't think this article will make it into the eyes of many people. Mist don't care about enterprise security

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 09:12 PM
    I actually think that this article is kind of funny. Look at all the supposed points he was trying to make. I don't know about you, but what I got from this is that even when try to talk sh^t about BlackBerry, you've still got to give them their props for still being the sh^t until something better comes along, which I seriously doubt. They have enterprise on lock.
    10-11-13 09:35 PM
    I see an honest article giving IT managers the real story of where the company is likely to be in a year (gone) and how to migrate to something else. We have to be realistic here, people, we can all do all the naysaying and cheerleading we want but when a company gets this far gone, as BB is, there's about a 1 in none chance it'll recover. Remember Palm? HP buys it, says it's going to keep building hardware, goes so far as to debut said next-gen hardware, then promptly kills it, never to be seen again. If any company buys BB at this point it'll be to have its patents and promptly cease making hardware. What company in it's right mind would acquire BB for its hardware when, aside from a few of us, people are staying away from it in droves. To take another billion dollar loss next year? Please.
    10-12-13 01:57 AM
    I don't see any thing wrong with this article at all. Get ur heads out the sand and face the possibility BlackBerry may not be around this time next year.

Posted via CB10
    niss63, m1a1mg, bekkay and 8 others like this.
    10-12-13 02:36 AM
    There is a real possibility that BlackBerry won't be around in a year. This article isn't bashing BlackBerry at all, but is looking at choices companies may have to make. The most disheartening paragraph:

"BlackBerry intended to ease this transition by offering a BBM app for both iOS and Android. The app would have enabled an organization to begin switching to one or both of those platforms, while maintaining the security, reliability, and familiarity of BBM. The apps are currently on hold, however, following a botched launch that caused BlackBerry to pull the whole thing for the time being."

Posted via CB10
    TGR1 and m1a1mg like this.
    10-12-13 02:43 AM
    A curious read. What strikes me is that every single option mentioned seems to be a step down from what BlackBerry offers. Which is mindbogglingly disappointing and sad.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-12-13 01:12 PM
    A curious read. What strikes me is that every single option mentioned seems to be a step down from what BlackBerry offers. Which is mindbogglingly disappointing and sad.
    Which is why I don't see BlackBerry going away... there is still a place for them.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 01:14 PM
    Which is why I don't see BlackBerry going away... there is still a place for them.
    It also pisses me off to no end wondering "what could have been" had the right moves/decisions been made... but that story is done and done. Sigh...
    xanadome and FF22 like this.
    10-12-13 01:16 PM
    Why is this in the z10 section? It is not directed toward the z10 in any way. Trying to sweep it under the rug.

No wonder I didn't see it.
    mikeo007 and pvphooman like this.
    10-12-13 01:20 PM
    Actually, as noted, it is an interesting read. Showcases the unique and secure features that BB has provided that might be missed or invisible to many users although probably not to big corporations or government agencies.
    10-12-13 04:22 PM
    Still penalty juices left in the berry, BlackBerry ain't going nowhere. I cannot imagine a world without BlackBerry.

How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!
    10-12-13 04:35 PM
    The article quoted Rob Enderle, the legendary analyst when it comes to being clueless, so not so much credibility there. I stopped reading at Rob Enderle.
    10-12-13 07:09 PM
    The article quoted Rob Enderle, the legendary analyst when it comes to being clueless, so not so much credibility there. I stopped reading at Rob Enderle.
    Don't blame you considering this was one of his more recent predictions: Why 2013 Is RIM's BlackBerry Year*( - Mobile - IT Management - Networking - Consumer Electronics )
    10-12-13 07:26 PM
    The article simply states what any Enterprise has or will be thinking.

Common sense and anticipating the possibility.

In the end someone will own and continue to operate the BIS/BES/NOC I think.

For high end government and the banking world BYOD is rare. In our company 100s have BlackBerry's. There are only two IPhones and no Droids. All are supplied by the company. The two IPhones are used by sight implied employees.
    We are in the banking data services and transmission world.

Enterprise is BlackBerry's lifeline right now.

From being successful in this area for a few years and getting good press BlackBerry may be able to come back into the consumer market. Security is more of a concern then it used to be.

And so it goes.....

Posted via CB10 on my Verizon Z10. 10.2.0.1725
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    10-12-13 07:58 PM
    It's such an easy topic these days, BlackBerry bashing. HTC is in even worse condition yet nobody really talk about it. These days of Internet journalism, Google results rules. No one bother to do research, just endless repeat which of course alleviate actual problems.
    Doesn't matter if it makes any sense or not.

Posted via CB10
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    10-13-13 09:42 AM
    This article is full of effin sh it.
    10-13-13 06:25 PM
    Left out one. While you're waiting......... for the end of BlackBerry, continue to enjoy your BlackBerry.
    10-13-13 06:35 PM
    This article is full of effin sh it.
    Go on...
    10-13-13 08:09 PM
    This article actually is stating that BlackBerry is the top choice for IT. The uncertainty is a legit point but usually isn't a big concern for large companies and government because they take much longer to adopt.

What does suck about this article is its title.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 09:37 PM
    Don't blame you considering this was one of his more recent predictions: Why 2013 Is RIM's BlackBerry Year*( - Mobile - IT Management - Networking - Consumer Electronics )
    Nothing wrong with what Rob said in his article, considering the date and what he was told by RIM's management. It (2013) was BlackBerry's year - They just failed repeatedly in almost every department and way imaginable.
    10-14-13 08:09 AM
    All you need to Consider is iphone 5s or nexus5

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 10:16 AM