I, like many others, have been anticipating the day that I might be forced to change my platform of choice. I've checked out Android, iPhone and, just recently, had a good look at a WP.

And yes, I've seen the apps and I've seen the customisation and I've seen the live tiles and all that shamozal but the one thing that has really stuck out for me is the keyboard on all these OS's.

Don't get me wrong. All these people can obviously type a message on their phones or they would be completely useless but it is SO much easier on a Z10 keyboard.

BlackBerry got a lot of things wrong with BB10 which I won't bother going into again but the basics they got very much right - the Hub and, most of all, the keyboard. Going on about the keyboard sounds rather boring, but other than making calls it's the one thing you are going to need!

And if I'm honest I didn't really realise how good it is until I looked around at what I might be faced with should the unimaginable happen.

Once you get over that first week or two as it learns what and how you type I really do think, that as a touchscreen keyboard experience it is, most definitely, best in class right now - bar none. Either blazing away and letting the auto correct in the space bar sort things out, or flicking to type, of swiping down for punctuation, or swiping across to delete a whole word with one finger (or two with two!), even the larger bubble, introduced in 10.1 is as good a replacement for the track pad your going to get on a touch screen IMHO) and, let's not forget that simple but very effective idea of the fact that when you end a sentence it even pops the space in for you for to start the next one (took me a while to get used to that!) so you just keep going and worry about it later...

Genius. I'm amazed at what I can do with it and I think it's something that many of us on BB10 take for granted...
    Last edited by bigglybobblyboo; 10-11-13 at 07:14 PM.
    10-11-13 05:19 PM
    Well, personal preference and all that, but I do love the Z10 keyboard - I'm faster with it than I was with the pk on my torch. Every time I use my iPad I make a mental note not to buy an iPhone if BB goes down in flames.
    I hear some of the keyboards you can download for Android are pretty good though, so maybe I'd go that route.
    10-11-13 05:25 PM
    I own most of the higher end devices across the four major platforms.... hands down in my opinion BB10 virtual keyboard is light years better than the competition even download able keyboards that I've tried. If the unthinkable happens and BlackBerry goes away..... be prepared to downgrade in the keyboard dept. I will use BB10 as long as I can for messaging

Lilly's hand stitched Frankensteined Z10 power by 10.2.(latest leak)
    fanisk likes this.
    10-11-13 05:38 PM
    My touchscreen keyboard experience is limited to only BlackBerry except for a few weeks being stuck with an iPhone in another country.

I think the bb10 keyboard has a nice classy look to it, and I like being able to have multiple languages set at the same time. The auto correct for misspelled words works very well for me. I'd say my only issue is sometimes words that are spelled correctly get changed by the software and make no sense in the sentence.
    10-11-13 05:47 PM
    I know there are several possible futures for BlackBerry, one of which is that the company is sold off piecemeal. If that happens, I wouldn't be too surprised to see Apple buy the BlackBerry keyboard. They often buy emerging technology, rather than develop it from scratch themselves.
    10-11-13 05:48 PM
    Yes i think that would be an accurate statement

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    10-11-13 05:52 PM
    I'd say so. IMO it's 1. swiftkey 2. Os10 3.Ios/Winmo

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    10-11-13 05:53 PM
    I love the Z10 keyboard. It's fast (for me).
    Sometimes I think the "inventor" of the mobile sig tagline "Please excuse the typos" is/was an iPhone user. But... that's just me. Can't say I've ever seen/heard of someone raving about iOS keyboards.
    10-11-13 05:59 PM
    I'd say so. IMO it's 1. swiftkey 2. Os10 3.Ios/Winmo

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    Technically the bb10 keyboard is a modified swiftkey.

10-11-13 05:59 PM
    I like everything about it except when it corrects actual words to things that are not words at all
    10-11-13 06:00 PM
    I saw this post on another site so I thought I would pass it on:

O cmtely agree. Aplles ips keyboard o witgot a dpubt the most excellen keyboard on the llnsr and i dare say ap will cbtije to exalt it many virtures ob os to come. My thanss tk the author for recgnozing th geius that i the apple keyboard. Heres hopeong it never cuanges.

D prestidge

Google investor

Wrotteb o. My iphone

Plaee excuse the errors
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    10-11-13 06:01 PM
    Yup. The BB10 keyboard is one of the main features I would hate to lose. I use it a lot and so it outweighs the rich apposystems of other platforms (for me).

Fable Publishing: C0012255F
    10-11-13 06:08 PM
    It's pretty good but I still manage to hit the period button when aiming for the space button... Maybe I just need a bigger screen.
    10-11-13 06:14 PM
    It's pretty good but I still manage to hit the period button when aiming for the space button... Maybe I just need a bigger screen.
    Z30

10-11-13 06:15 PM
    Yes, I LOVE the Z10 keyboard. I would take it beyond the "for touchscreens" limitation you imposed. I get irritated at my PC keyboard after using the Z10. The PC typing experience literally hasn't been improved since their debut.

My son has a Nexus 4 and he seems to feel he needs to try and show up my BB any chance he can get. We've done a few typing challenges. Speed-wise, we are really close but the effort he puts into Swyping vs the ease of me flicking leaves me the winner every time.

And don't even get me started on the tiny, unnecessarily narrow keyboard on iOS... what's with all the wasted space???
    10-11-13 06:55 PM
    I, like many others, have been anticipating the day that I might be forced to change my platform of choice. I've checked out Android, iPhone and, just recently, had a good look at a WP.

And yes, I've seen the apps and I've seen the customisation and I've seen the live tiles and all that shamozal but the one thing that has really stuck out for me is the keyboard on all these OS's.

Don't get me wrong. All these people can obviously type a message on their phones or they would be completely useless but it is SO much easier on a Z10 keyboard.

BlackBerry got a lot of things wrong with BB10 which I won't bother going into again but the basics they got very much right - the Hub and, most of all, the keyboard. Going on about the keyboard sounds rather boring, but other than making calls it's the one thing you are going to need!

And if I'm honest I didn't really realise how good it is until I looked around at what I might be faced with should the unimaginable happen.

Once you get over that first week or two as it learns what and how you type I really do think, that as a touchscreen keyboard experience it is, most definitely, best in class right now - bar none. Either blazing away and letting the auto correct in the space bar sort things out, or flicking to type, of swiping down for punctuation, or swiping across to delete a whole word with one finger (or two with two!), even the larger bubble, introduced in 10.1 is as good a replacement for the track pad your going to get on a touch screen IMHO) and, let's not forget that simple but very effective idea of the fact that when you end a sentence it even pops the space in for you for to start the next one (took me a while to get used to that!) so you just keep going and worry about it later...

Genius. I'm amazed at what I can do with it and I think it's something that many of us on BB10 take for granted...

Gen
    Whatever you mentioned are exactly what I love my Z10 keyboard for. I don't think any other virtual keyboards can be as efficient and productive than Z's by far. At least, I won't go back to iPhone keyboard if BlackBerry no longer makes phones. My most favorite thing is when I need to sign in or fill out my info on any online form, I just flick up my full email address from the Z10 keyboard instead of typing my address letter by letter. The swiping down for switching letters to punctuation, and swiping across for cancelling words are unique feature on Z10/Z30 keyboard that can't be found on competitors'. The amazing typing experience on Z10 alone is deal breaker for me, not to mention other awesome features. I have many friends who don't even know there is an amazing keyboard in the world until I show them. BlackBerry marketing department sucks, failing to highlight this best ever virtual keyboard to make the average consumers aware

Posted via CB10
    BBSpring likes this.
    10-11-13 06:57 PM
    BB10 keyboard exists because of Swiftkey

BB10 keyboard also don't have numbers and punctuation on the main screen which is one thing many tech sites point out in their reviews
    10-11-13 08:06 PM
    I like everything about it except when it corrects actual words to things that are not words at all
    Yea I get that too sometimes, normally isn't too bad tho.

I do like how for passwords it adds the numeric line to the keyboard. That's a nice touch.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 08:16 PM
    Of all the other keyboards I've used and tried, next to the BB10 keyboard, I'd say SwiftKey works best for me.
    10-11-13 08:19 PM
    My touchscreen keyboard experience is limited to only BlackBerry except for a few weeks being stuck with an iPhone in another country.

I think the bb10 keyboard has a nice classy look to it, and I like being able to have multiple languages set at the same time. The auto correct for misspelled words works very well for me. I'd say my only issue is sometimes words that are spelled correctly get changed by the software and make no sense in the sentence.
    Yada Yada Yada. Nothing beats the Qued's physical keyboard. :-P

Posted by twiddling my thumbs on my Qued10 in CB10
    10-11-13 08:24 PM
    Yada Yada Yada. Nothing beats the Qued's physical keyboard. :-P

Posted by twiddling my thumbs on my Qued10 in CB10
    I disagree, I preferred the BBOS style physical keyboard of the 9900 and 9790, the straight keys just don't feel as nice to use.
    But that of course is gonna be a personal preference thing for sure.
    10-11-13 08:46 PM
    Here we go with keyboards again... Remember when BlackBerry bet the farm on keyboard phones? That didn't work out very well. The keyboards nice, but it's not a big deal. It's like when BlackBerry thought that fast email would be the most important feature in a smartphone. It's nice, but most people don't care and it's certainly not a "killer" feature. The fact of the matter is, most people have moved on from keyboards. Google Now and Siri make keyboard use almost an afterthought now. Why bother typing stuff in when you can just talk? A lot of people on here think Siri and Google Now are nothing more than "gimmicks." They're not. Google Now and Siri are what multi-touch screens were 5 years ago, the preferred method people will interact with their smartphones in the very near future.
    10-11-13 09:19 PM
    Here we go with keyboards again... Remember when BlackBerry bet the farm on keyboard phones? That didn't work out very well. The keyboards nice, but it's not a big deal. It's like when BlackBerry thought that fast email would be the most important feature in a smartphone. It's nice, but most people don't care and it's certainly not a "killer" feature. The fact of the matter is, most people have moved on from keyboards. Google Now and Siri make keyboard use almost an afterthought now. Why bother typing stuff in when you can just talk? A lot of people on here think Siri and Google Now are nothing more than "gimmicks." They're not. Google Now and Siri are what multi-touch screens were 5 years ago, the preferred method people will interact with their smartphones in the very near future.
    Just because YOU don't think it's important doesn't mean ANYTHING to other users/everybody else. Geez...
    One of the reasons you'd NEED Siri to be good is because the Apple keyboard may be the least functional of them ALL. My buddy at work is an Apple super fan and I don't blame him, it's a great phone (5). That being said, he had to quit using the dictation because it is too disruptive to the other people in our office (open cubicles). Maybe he should communicate on his phone only when he's in the bathroom!??!!???
    People have WORK to do, and I for one would rather have a fully FUNCTIONING keyboard than not. So, unless you live and work in your mothers basement I'd suggest you re-think what you said.
    I can just see it now... you need to send off or reply to a message whilst in a meeting... me, one thumb flick an organized properly spelled sentence. You, brings iPhone to mouth and...
    NOT!
    :>)
    rtang1007 and fanisk like this.
    10-11-13 10:25 PM
    I just got my Z30, so far the typing experience has been ok but i kind of miss the swype keyboard used in my previous nokia N9

Hope it gets better as I use the Z30 more
    10-11-13 10:25 PM
    Love Z10 keyboard so much. Never better

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 10:36 PM
38 12