Hello fair community.

It would seem that i'm not only a blackberry newbie (having owned mine for about 3 weeks now), I'm also new at life.

I fell in love with my Bold and thought my girl should have one too, so we can BBM each other.

So I decided to venture onto Ebay to see what they were going for.

After a quick look, I noticed a Curve 8310 that had 10mins left @ 100AUD.

In the description it said that it had a JVM error 513. Thinking I was pretty clued on, I came here and did a search, 5mins of research and I found that the problem was fairly common and reasonably easy to fix. So I began bidding.

5mins later there was 5 to go and it was still at 100, so I put my max bid of 170 in and waited.

At 5 seconds to go it jumped from 100 to 170 and I won, hooray!

The next day the seller contacted me and told me it was on its way.

In preparation, I downloaded the latest OS from my carrier, and a few BB apps to assist in wiping and recouping my nuked berry.

Finally, the the Curve arrived, in reasonable condition few scuffs on the case but nothing a new case wouldn't fix. The JVM error presented as I was told it would. So I set to work.

JL_Cmdr in hand, OS by my side I set to work - following through all the steps re-reading all the guides attempting to recreate the scenarios and outcomes as the guides described.

After 4 solid hours of trying everything possible, I gave up.

Went down to the local shops and purchased a brand new unlocked Curve 8310. Costing more than 3 times as much as the broken berry I got from Ebay. All up, I could nearly have purchased another Bold ):

That, ladies and gentlemen, is why I'm new at life.

End ._.
    10-24-08 02:03 AM
    lol this is a good story. er, entertaining anyway. And, also a valuable lesson! Life isn't about all the stuff we've done right, it's about all the stuff we've messed up and what we've learned by messing it up.

Lesson learned? Don't trust people on eBay for expensive electronics?
    10-24-08 02:07 AM
    Lesson most certainly learned.

Glad to be of some entertainment value... I wonder how much I can hock "entertainment value" for...
    10-24-08 02:24 AM
    Haha, nice story, unfortunate but we all gotta learn the hard way sometimes... But you gotta say it was worth it, after all a blackberry is the epitome of the perfect device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-08 04:57 AM
    And btw welcome to CB, the people here are real nice and helpful, you might find yourself addicted.

10-24-08 04:59 AM
    wlcome to the family
    10-24-08 05:10 AM
    welcome man
    10-24-08 05:45 AM
    Welcome and sorry about your curve.
    10-24-08 06:50 AM
    Welcome to. BB. Only buy accessories on eBay.

10-24-08 07:00 AM
    Haha yeah, won't be doing that again. I'll pass the welcomes onto my girl, she's becomming addicted. I'm already hooked to my Bold and CB!

10-24-08 05:17 PM
    Welcome to CB. Newbie myself except I looked on fleabay but bought a proper one instead!

Dave

10-24-08 05:39 PM
    welcome to crackberry
    10-24-08 05:40 PM
    Hello & welcome to the CB family!

10-24-08 05:44 PM
    Speaking of newbie. How long before that title comes off from my profile. LOL
    10-24-08 05:48 PM
    Welcome to the Crack.
    10-24-08 06:16 PM
    Welcome to CB!

Your one stop shop for all your addiction needs!
    11-01-08 05:45 PM
    Hello mate, welcome to our family on crack n berries lol
    11-01-08 05:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD