Lets say somebody like microsoft buys blackberry will you still be loyal to the brand if it is "kept separate"?

Posted via CB10
    10-10-13 10:37 AM
    It would depend on who's buying. In this case, MSFT would probably screw this up.

Posted via CB10
    nah.uhh likes this.
    10-10-13 10:39 AM
    The brand would be assimilated within a year. I believe that's their plan with Nokia.
    10-10-13 10:42 AM
    What are you smoking? Microsoft just picked up Nokia's hardware division no chance of them buying BlackBerry as a whole. Only way is if BlackBerry sells in pieces and I would have to see who gets the hardware to make a loyalty decision. Stop the fear mongering and wait and see what happens. In the mean time I'm enjoying my BlackBerry devices.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-13 10:51 AM
    Well it is Microsoft they could probably buy another company if they wanted they are wealthy enough but doubt it would get approved since they just bought nokia

Posted via CB10
    10-10-13 10:51 AM
    Well, since the Z10 is my first BB I haven't anything to be loyal to. However, if a major company bought them out and produced the phone with the same quality, it's still one of the best phones out there. I'd buy another.
    Elite1 likes this.
    10-10-13 10:56 AM
    If they stick with qnx, why not?

Posted via CB10
    10-10-13 11:01 AM
    If they stick with qnx, why not?

Posted via CB10
    Incredibly unlikely that Microsoft (who make their own OSes) would keep a competing OS. They'd likely pawn off QNX.
    10-10-13 11:47 AM
    If it's not Canadian I'm out! I love this Canadian product! Bb10 is amazing and I love my Z10! It would be a shame!

Posted via CB10
    NtotheK and SDTRMG like this.
    10-10-13 12:01 PM
    If someone bought BlackBerry and continued to use BB10 I would buy it. Not because of whoever bought it, but because I won't use Android or Iphone. I've tried them, can't use them.

Posted via CB10
    DStLouis likes this.
    10-10-13 12:07 PM
    If it's not Canadian I'm out! I love this Canadian product! Bb10 is amazing and I love my Z10! It would be a shame!

Posted via CB10
    Nicely jingoistic but not realistic. Prem Watsa is contributing his piece but not one looney more. Whether you are in or out is immaterial.
    10-10-13 12:11 PM
    If someone bought BlackBerry and continued to use BB10 I would buy it. Not because of whoever bought it, but because I won't use Android or Iphone. I've tried them, can't use them.
    What about Windows Phone?
    10-10-13 12:21 PM
    Nicely jingoistic but not realistic. Prem Watsa is contributing his piece but not one looney more. Whether you are in or out is immaterial.
    The thread title isn't asking, "Will your pledge of loyalty keep BBRY Canadian?"
    It asks if others would remain loyal to the BBRY brand under that hypothetical scenario, to which your quoted poster gave his reply. There's no assertion that anyone's opinion here would have a material effect.
    devin266 and bradu1 like this.
    10-10-13 12:33 PM
    Well since I like Microsoft it would be a match made in heaven for me but of course those are just my personal thoughts. It would be cool to have some of their services in especially Skydrive, Xbox, Office running natively and integrated on my phone.
    10-10-13 12:35 PM
    Lets say somebody like microsoft buys blackberry will you still be loyal to the brand if it is "kept separate"?

Posted via CB10
    NOOOOO!!!
    10-10-13 12:36 PM
    What about Windows Phone?
    I hate to say it, but if worst comes to worst, that's where I'll go. But only after my BlackBerry stops functioning altogether. Only reason? Cuz I've never tried it.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-13 12:42 PM
    While I have issues with my Lumia 925, it has fewer show stoppers than BB10 FOR ME. It is totally a personal decision.
    Lync, Skype and Skydrive are definite plusses on the Windows Phone side.
    10-10-13 12:50 PM
    The thread title isn't asking, "Will your pledge of loyalty keep BBRY Canadian?"
    It asks if others would remain loyal to the BBRY brand under that hypothetical scenario, to which your quoted poster gave his reply. There's no assertion that anyone's opinion here would have a material effect.
    I stand corrected and admonished.
    Sorry. Note that the poster I was referring to wrote "If it's not Canadian I'm out! I love this Canadian product!" which is what I was referring to.

Thanks,
    10-10-13 12:52 PM
    Microsoft will not go with the whole company ,it doesn't make scene as they are already full with Nokia hardware ,only chance is if bb is sold into pieces
    10-10-13 01:01 PM
    Microsoft will not go with the whole company ,it doesn't make scene as they are already full with Nokia hardware ,only chance is if bb is sold into pieces
    I agree with what you say about Microsoft. But let's stick with the hypothetical question. Would you continue to choose BlackBerry if that happened?

Posted via CB10
    10-10-13 01:09 PM
    But let's stick with the hypothetical question. Would you continue to choose BlackBerry if that happened?
    Most people would seek assurance that their new device would be supported by their carrier for the next year.
    10-10-13 01:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    Microsoft is a bad example, because there's absolutely zero chance they'd maintain the BlackBerry brand, nor would they continue to sell BB10/BBOS handsets.

I see at least a fanciful scenario where Google might, though, but the scenario assumes that Google decides that BB10 is further along than their own Chrome OS and they decide it's worth picking up. Making this admittedly huge leap, I could see Google stepping in and using their muscle to make the platform more attractive to both developers and consumers, with the eventual intent of making it the successor platform to Android.
    Terser Nori and Earl Sargent like this.
    10-10-13 01:21 PM
    I love the Blackberry experience, particularly BB10(which has unrealized potential I feel)...if you can maintain that, I am not too particular who owns the company. I think I will always prefer a physical keyboard, either in current form or slider(would be the ultimate BB for me). Design and form factor are important,and should compliment the OS experience, which I feel the Q10 does quite well. Internal hardware and specs are not as important to me as the end result of how well it works and does what i need/want it to do.

I am sure I could find an Android phone on the market right now that could do all the things I need my phone to do, but I much prefer the Blackberry specific experience and how it meets my needs. I would remain loyal to the BB experience, regardless of who owns it or what they called it.
    bradu1 likes this.
    10-10-13 01:21 PM
    Didn't the buy the phone business from Nokia and leased the "name" nokia for their cell phones for a few years or something? Basically yhey could just start calling the nokia phones blackberrys and stop paying to use Nokia name.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-13 04:31 PM
    Spell check failed me

Posted via CB10
    10-10-13 04:31 PM
37 12