Folks -

As most of you know, Blackberry promised to produce an App for Android and iOS by the end of the summer. The App was suppose to be for BBM, an application they have been running for years on the Blackberry Platform.

Unfortunately, the Team at Blackberry is struggling to produce an app for Android and iOS; as you might imagine, programming for iOS and Android was not part of the job description for most of the staff there.

The team at Blackberry has gone quite far, but still needs help crossing the finish line. You can help the Blackberry Team by volunteering your Android / iOS programming skills to the team.

Now, our friends at Blackberry are too proud to ask for help (particularly given all the sales discussions), but I think we can all proactively reach out and offer our help. I am calling the switchboard tomorrow with my offer to help - I urge you to do the same.

Let's help our friends at Blackberry produce an App.
    10-09-13 06:24 PM
    I don't have to call any switchboards. BBM works perfectly on my Z10.
    10-09-13 06:28 PM
    This is an obvious troll post, I don't believe anybody can be this naive.

ROFL@ calling the switch board. FACEPALM.
    bennelong likes this.
    10-09-13 07:07 PM
    What's the number?

Sent from my BlackBerry
    10-09-13 07:11 PM
    At this point, I can't tell who's being serious and who is trolling around here anymore--It's bad either way..
    Rello, h20work, eldricho and 1 others like this.
    10-09-13 07:16 PM
    Lol I'm sorry but don't you have something better to do with your time?

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 07:20 PM
    This is an obvious troll post, I don't believe anybody can be this naive.
    ROFL@ calling the switch board. FACEPALM.
    I read some of the op's previous posts and this is a similar theme to what he has said previously. He maybe what you call naive but others might call it something else. Looks to me like the guy is a serious BlackBerry fan and willing to get involved to help. I don't see BlackBerry accepting assistance even for free, but the heart is there. Op see what happens. I have no tech talent, just along for the ride.
    10-09-13 07:23 PM
    10-09-13 07:31 PM
    I am calling the switchboard tomorrow with my offer to help.
    You must let us know how you go on that one, will you?

Z10 via CB10
    h20work likes this.
    10-09-13 07:37 PM
    friends not friend's
    10-09-13 11:05 PM
    Calm down everybody! Nobody call anywhere or offer anything without FIRST making sure that their tape recorder is on and works! And then post is here afterwards. This is vital for a successful eh help!
    10-09-13 11:25 PM
    BBM is working brilliantly on my iOS, I can message my Z10 and visa versa.

Posted via CB on my Z 10
    10-09-13 11:40 PM
    What's wrong with what he's saying? He wants to help. There might be some truth to what he's saying, I'm sure a lot of the programmers haven't touched IOS or android. He's just trying to help is all why should he be chastised? Jeez can't post positive or negative things. Atleast give him an argument instead of calling him a "troll".

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    PTZ likes this.
    10-09-13 11:52 PM
    Atleast give him an argument instead of calling him a "troll".

My BBM on Android is running fine. It's not a matter of it not being programmed. The app is there and as near as I can tell, ready to roll out. There's something else holding it back.. my guess is the iOS version isn't ready yet, as they're working on making it more in line with iOS 7. Long story short, it's not a programmer problem, at least not on the Android side of things lol.
    10-09-13 11:57 PM
    I'm calling the switchboard tomorrow and getting involved.
    10-10-13 12:07 AM
    ..programming for iOS and Android was not part of the job description for most of the staff there.
    Hmm...you work at Blackberry and have the opportunity to learn iOS and Android while getting paid. Given the uncertain future of BB10 I would imagine there would be plenty of interest in getting on this kind of project. Especially since cross-platform BBM actually is more likely to continue to exist than BB10 hardware going forward.
    10-10-13 12:15 AM
    My BBM on Android is running fine. It's not a matter of it not being programmed. The app is there and as near as I can tell, ready to roll out. There's something else holding it back.. my guess is the iOS version isn't ready yet, as they're working on making it more in line with iOS 7. Long story short, it's not a programmer problem, at least not on the Android side of things lol.
    Hehe thank you bla1ze

10-10-13 06:31 AM
    I wonder how the call to the switchboard worked out?

Posted using the Diva's Z
    10-10-13 09:48 PM
    This must be a joke right? First we had the guy who thinks we should all contribute money to a marketing fund and charitably market phones for BlackBerry - now this? BlackBerry needs to hire people who can perform the needed job. If BlackBerry's future success relies on volunteers calling the switchboard to offer help, then run as far from this company as you can. Tell me this is a joke- right?

Posted via CB10
    10-10-13 09:52 PM
    I'll get infraction points, but Crackberry should have removed this thread. It is one of the stupidest threads I ever read.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 08:37 AM
    I called the switchboard today. No luck

Sent from my BlackBerry
    10-12-13 11:17 AM
    Update: Yes, I intended for this thread to be a joke. I came home from the office, looked up Blackberry news and said, "My God, they still have not been able to launch BBM for Android and iOS. How could the organization be THIS dysfunctional? No, there is no technical excuse. Competent tech professionals foresee technical issues and solve them "before the summer" (their deadline). They have had more than enough time to implement an idea they have thinking about for years. So, I thought to blow off some steam and write this post. Felt good for me and has been fun to monitor. Some people looked at this post like it was "stupid"....really, Blackberry cannot launch an app they have envisioned for a long time, yet my proposal is stupid? Give me a break.

More than anything, I hope someone at Blackberry tells Andrew that he is perceived as so incompetent that community volunteers would look to help him. No excuse for your underperformance Andrew, none. I hope you are working this weekend and have worked every weekend for the last 6 months.

Ok, I am getting angry again, but...this sales process could have had better buzz if BBM had added 10 million users by this point...might have done more...instead, buyers must be thinking what I am thinking...this is all so sad...
    10-12-13 05:36 PM