Received this e-mail which is also listed on the Good website telling consumers that now it's the perfect time to migrate off of BES and to look for alternatives.

"As you probably know by now, BlackBerry has announced its intent to go private. You may be a BlackBerry customer considering whether now is the time to accelerate your migration to new iOS, Android and Windows Phone devices. At the same time, your current BlackBerry devices and BES 5 environment work great and its already paid for. And, hey, it�s not like the carriers are going to pull the plug tomorrow. So why rush?

The main reason to rush might be the opportunity cost to staying on BlackBerry�the cost of forgoing the innovation occurring on iOS, Android, and Windows Phone. Mobility is so highly visible in every organization today. Your business leaders and your users alike want to know your long-term strategic mobility plans. And every day you commit resources to platforms that don�t further your mobile transformation, is another day resources are not being optimized. Optimize your resource spend by embracing an innovative, multi-platform, mobility strategy. Good Technology provides a smooth transition for BlackBerry users and administrators to new platforms without sacrificing productivity, security, and manageability.

Technically, transitioning off of BlackBerry is not hard. But it is change, and change needs to be managed. Nobody wants a bad user experience during a highly visible platform transition. This is not as simple as a user turning in a BlackBerry and turning on a BYOD device. This is a platform transition. Do your longtime BlackBerry users know iOS and Android? Are there BlackBerry apps that are critical to their jobs, and are they available on new platforms? Or, will there be a learning curve for your users? Who do they go to for training or support? Fortunately, Good provides many of the core apps that BlackBerry users will expect: email, calendar, contacts, tasks, notes, Intranet access, file access and sync�and, yes, secure instant messaging.

From an IT perspective, BlackBerry�s architecture was invaluable. Secure device. Secure OS. Controlled apps and data. Authentication via the BlackBerry NOC and BlackBerry Enterprise Server. No inbound firewall ports. No Internet-facing presence to target. Minimal risk. Easy.

Good provides a very similar architecture, including the NOC and server approach with no inbound ports required. Again�easy. Except you don�t need the proprietary device - because Good is the acknowledged leader in mobile app security using containerization, continuously protecting your apps and data on iOS, Android and Windows Phone. At rest, in transit, and in use, using FIPS certified data protection. So use any device you like without compromising the security and simplicity you�ve come to rely on. It�s true. So true in fact, Good received Common Criteria EAL 4+ certification for our mobile messaging security implementation, the only such certified solution for non-BlackBerry mobile platforms. Good is the natural solution for customers that do not want to re-evaluate their current security posture.

The best and worst part�this is only the beginning of your organization�s mobile journey. But that�s a blog for another day."

What do you guys think of this?
    10-09-13 05:03 PM
    Sounds convincing, if one would not know about BES 10.1... the author deliberately omitted the fact that BlackBerry caters to BYOD policies and concentrated solely on the current "crisis" within BlackBerry and the lack of multi platform abilities of the older BES, of which there are plenty of out there for the foreseeable future...

The text is very well written and comes off as not hostile towards BlackBerry... However, this is a really smart form of marketing... I've never heard of GOOD (...) before, but if this is a real email being sent out, I think they'll receive some invitations or prospect requests...

I think it would be smart for BlackBerry to start catering BES10 for Windows Phones too, they'll have to provide the full package, at least in that department, and make sure there's no "there's something lacking"...

From the Z...
    10-09-13 05:42 PM
    It appears the angel of attack has widen.

Hard to avoid when you have a neon bullseye painted on you.
    10-09-13 05:44 PM
    I've never heard of GOOD (...) before
    Are you kidding me? Well, that kind of undercuts any point you make in your comment. Saying you've never heard of Good in the world of MDM is like saying you've never heard of Sharp in the world of TVs or Toyota in the world of automobiles.

It facilitated many a move to BYOD, with companies adding Good to go along with their now-legacy BES server.
    10-10-13 05:48 AM
    I'm a user of Good software for our office email on ipad. It's not as efficient as the Blackberry email system which i continue using on the Bold version of BB phone. Incrementally, company that i work for, has stopped offering blackberry phones and asking employees to BYOD.

Good software doesn't feel well integrated as a product. One needs to rely on "apps" for word, spreadsheets, pdf, ppt, etc. Also, it keeps toggling between apps to get things done.

We probably have more stringent firewalls in place but i cant copy paste from one app to the other! Never had that problem on my blackberry device.

Can you believe the extent of inefficiency as one has to work around everything.

If only, BB knew how to market its products, they would have stayed in the game.
    10-10-13 06:12 AM
    Are you kidding me? Well, that kind of undercuts any point you make in your comment. Saying you've never heard of Good in the world of MDM is like saying you've never heard of Sharp in the world of TVs or Toyota in the world of automobiles.

It facilitated many a move to BYOD, with companies adding Good to go along with their now-legacy BES server.
    Why would it undercut any point..? I responded to the question from the OP... I gave my opinion towards the craft they show in the marketing letter, which is freaking good (GOOD)... I don't need to know that company to appreciate the fact that their marketing effort is pretty darn impressive... Tell me again, what point is undercut by me not knowing that company...?

From the Z...
    10-10-13 07:40 AM
    Saying you've never heard of Good in the world of MDM is like saying you've never heard of Sharp in the world of TVs or Toyota in the world of automobiles.
    By the way.. if GOOD would indeed be the Toyota of cars and the Sharp of TV's.. What car would BlackBerry be and what TV..?

From the Z...
    10-10-13 09:08 AM
    By the way.. if GOOD would indeed be the Toyota of cars and the Sharp of TV's.. What car would BlackBerry be and what TV..?

From the Z...
    Pontiac?
    Cashgap likes this.
    10-10-13 09:17 AM
    Why would it undercut any point..? I responded to the question from the OP... I gave my opinion towards the craft they show in the marketing letter, which is freaking good (GOOD)... I don't need to know that company to appreciate the fact that their marketing effort is pretty darn impressive... Tell me again, what point is undercut by me not knowing that company...?

From the Z...
    Your opening point about it being convincing if one didn't know about BES 10.1, for starters. Good is already well established as an enterprise solutions provider for iOS and Android devices. BES 10.1 is not.
    10-10-13 09:37 AM
    Good is seen as the Monsanto of mdm. I would rather use an etch-n-sketch tethered to an iPad made out of playdough to manage mobile devices than go through the "Good Enough" experience again....lol
    10-10-13 09:47 AM
    I support Good, amongst many other systems, through a contract I work on. It's decent but has its share of issues and limitations... activations, switching devices / OS can be a major pain. We have it setup so it essentially only provides email and a few calendar function.

We have been testing bes 10 and love the features such as the intranet work browser, meaning free vpn. Enterprise messenger has integrated well. Screen share from a support perspective is another huge feature.

We currently have a no android policy as I work in health. There are other options out there we are looking at, such as Xen Mobile from Citrix. (we already rely heavily on Citrix infrastructure)

The main point is we are undecided, and currently use bes 5 and Good for iOS. I think if BlackBerry provided handsets it would be the tipping point for our decision.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-13 09:48 AM
    BB finally started offering hosted solutions for MDM. Who else in the MDM space has there own NOC?
    10-10-13 10:00 AM
    I think that this is the cost of:

- BlackBerry's painfully slow delivery of BB10
    - A pi$$ poor marketing campaign once they did get it out
    - An announcement that everyone interpreted that the company is up for sale
    - A poor bid from Fairfax to buy the company leaving more uncertainty than it fixed
    - A company knowing that BlackBerry Enterprise and Corporate customers are getting tired of dealing with BlackBerry
    10-10-13 10:03 AM
    Good inserts knife in BlackBerry's back. Twisting and thrusting as it laughs maniacally.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z10
    10-10-13 10:05 AM
    Pontiac?
    Classic edge, but they don't make cars no more.. would that be the vision for the BlackBerry handsets?

From the Z...
    Cashgap likes this.
    10-10-13 01:16 PM
    Your opening point about it being convincing if one didn't know about BES 10.1, for starters. Good is already well established as an enterprise solutions provider for iOS and Android devices. BES 10.1 is not.
    The email is obviously targeted towards BES customers, and yes, if one would not know about BES10 capabilities, the arguments made against the old BES could come across really convincing into looking for change of supplier, even though an upgrade to BES10 would provide much of what is marketed in the email... This is a very valid point and not in need of any prior knowledge about this firm...

From the Z...
    10-10-13 01:30 PM
    BB finally started offering hosted solutions for MDM. Who else in the MDM space has there own NOC?
    And you need another network to mange your own device... why?

BlackBerry's NOC and its failures (and price) a while back are the reason so many have moved away from BES. It one thing when the Carrier has a network problem and everyone around you is down, it's another thing when you device is down and everyone elses iPhones or Androids are working because BB is having a problem. BlackBerry is NOT the king of MDM that many here believe that it is... they are a small player these days. And if fact it isn't even the best option unless security is your only concern.
    10-10-13 01:31 PM
    Good is seen as the Monsanto of mdm. I would rather use an etch-n-sketch tethered to an iPad made out of playdough to manage mobile devices than go through the "Good Enough" experience again....lol
    Monsanto..?! They mean far more to the world's production than Toyota and Sharp to cars and tv's... Now I'm confused...

The Toyota thing made me think they're an established esp but not in any way the most influential player in the field.. Monsanto would imply the biggest market penetration in their field and the most influential party to play the game...

From the Z...
    10-10-13 01:45 PM